Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 12, 2023 2:23 PM
Oct 2019
OK Johan is already one of the best characters in all anime I know.

This episode was so mysterious and beautiful at the same time.
Jan 21, 2023 12:40 PM

Oct 2021
When I saw Johan's side more I liked it. So far I've thought he was a horrible guy and compared him to Hitler. Now I'm thinking maybe he needs understanding and help. I'm watching this in sub and everything seems fast-paced to me so I hope I'm not missing any important details but I have a feeling I'm missing some. There were 2 beautiful scenes I really liked. 1 When Johan and the black-haired guy were on the roof watching the view and Johan in tears asking the black-haired guy to tell him about his childhood. And 2 Johan giving the old guy an apple and the old guy's eyes lit up.

Feb 14, 2023 10:48 PM
Feb 2023
Ston3_FreeN7 said:
I don't know maybe Johan isn't quite as simple as everyone in these forums seems to think he is. Something just made me feel as though he was actually crying for Karl, I didn't feel as though it was fake at all. Also, his scene about the forest seemed genuine.

I said it before and I'll say it again, this series isn't quite as black and white as everyone seems to want to think it is. I think Johann was a good showcase of that in this episode.

100% I think he actually was crying for Karl. He is forsure battling some demons inside and I think his “other half” isn’t terribly evil ( I could be absolutely wrong) but I’m excited to find out
Apr 3, 2023 6:16 PM

Aug 2019
Johan's voice is incredibly soothing. It's no surprise that so many people trust him right away. His voice is enchanting. You can't help but be drawn to him.
Apr 19, 2023 10:28 AM
May 2017
I wonder what is going on inside Johan mind.
May 22, 2023 6:30 AM

Mar 2016
In this ep got, Johan got the most screen time he has ever had by far, not only that we see how he operates and how he interacts with the people around him.

After just meeting Karl not too long ago, Johan managed to give off an air that would make Karl trust him to the point of him spilling out his life's story to Johan, despite them not knowing much of one another. On the flip side, Johan didn't even have to tell his side of the story. 

We get to see how effective and deceiving Johan's actions are, crying over Karl's life story and taking care of children, whether this is Johan's actual kind side or whether this is just a way to display that he's a kindhearted guy, it doesn't matter, it works in the end. 

Can you believe this? Johan, knowing that Lotte and Karl wanted to cheer up the old rich man, used that motivation to order them and quite literally ABDUCT the man. There is no better way of explaining it, he manipulated them to do it under the guise of cheering him up. Oh and it doesn't end there, Johan's way of visualizing the details of the environment that doesn't exist is so real, the man thought he could just about see it all.

Crazy how someone so cold and mostrous can be this angelic whenever he wanted to.
May 31, 2023 10:48 AM

Feb 2020
The scene with the lake was beautiful. But at the same, it was so disturbing. Johan is truly terrifying, to say the least. Terrifying, not just because we know what he is capable of, but because it is so hard to understand him. If I didn't know anything about him, it'd be so easy to fall for whatever trap he is setting and see him as the empathetic guy he appears as. But I do know things about him that lead me much more to believe that he is completely faking it. Yet, considering the whole "two Johan" thing that has been brought up some episodes ago and that I spent a lot of time thinking about, the truth could very well be that he is genuine here, at least partially. There are many things that indicate he isn't devoid of emotions, so him crying over the boy's backstory or describing the land to the lonely and depressed Schuwald could actually be deriving from a genuine sense of connection between him and these people who at the end of the day seem to really have a similar story to his own.
It's so hard to figure out the true meaning of his actions and at what point he is manipulating people, but I'll never stop praising how interesting that makes him.

The arc in itself is very good for now, although I won't lie, I do miss Tenma and seeing more of his travels with Dieter. I hope we'll get more of him soon and that we won't spend most of the show having less Tenma for more Johan and vice-versa. I mean, I'm sure I'd love it anyway, but I like both aspects so much.
Jun 6, 2023 9:27 PM
Jan 2022
Bro acted like he cared lol
Jun 12, 2023 7:48 PM
Apr 2020
Absolutely loved every moment of Johan
Jun 19, 2023 8:19 PM
Jan 2023
It was good but it was slow paced
Oct 26, 2023 2:01 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
In two sentences this mf be gaslighting bozos into believing anything.
Mar 25, 2:41 PM
Mar 2023
"Johan has two personalities"

In this chapter, Johan seemed very friendly and empathetic (compared to Johan in chapter 4)

Does Johan have two personalities or is it all a hoax?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

624 by Anamo7 »»
Yesterday, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kayro - Apr 25, 2008

253 by MeCuMint »»
Apr 25, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

114 by egeD19 »»
Apr 17, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 11, 2008

134 by Ajanokoyna »»
Apr 13, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 55 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Apr 15, 2008

70 by Dekuforce5 »»
Apr 13, 3:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.