Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yozakura Quartet
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 10, 2021 12:57 AM
Oct 2015
whats the biggest adaptation difference to get the huge score difference?
was there bad animation or something? changes?
i want to know if its worth it to watch this or just read the manga instead
Oct 11, 2021 1:03 PM
Kii_Ibarra

Dec 2020
I was in the same position when I first tried to get into YZQ

But yes, I recommend watching this, but I would also recommend you read the manga first. Firstly, the manga's just got way more material, since, 13(?) years on from this anime coming out the manga is still ongoing (although it seems to be wrapping up soon, based on the events of the latest volume)

The animation is pretty fine for 2006 standards. The character designs are pretty faithful to the manga (aside from few color choices for characters who hadn't been featured in colored illustrations yet, such as Ao and Rin). While the 2010 anime has much nicer animation, it ditches the art style of the manga for a more "anime" looking one, which isn't bad but is quite jarring

In terms of changes, only two episodes of this anime are entirely faithful to the manga chapters they're based on. A few other episodes do feature events from the manga but the context in which they happen is completely different

This anime also received an "anime original ending" since the manga was (and still is) ongoing, so they had to make something up to conclude the series. IMO the ending of the anime is actually quite satisfying for what it's worth, if a little anticlimactic

A major plot twist from later into the manga is also revealed right from episode 1 of the anime, and that episode also changes a character's backstory

The antagonist, Enjin, also has a completely different backstory in the anime since his manga backstory hadn't been revealed yet

The voice acting is amazing, but all the actors reprise their roles in the 2010 version, so you wouldn't be missing much by skipping this (although I would recommend also watching the 2008 series, so long as you've already read the manga)

While the 2010 anime is much more faithful to the manga, it also skips straight to the middle of the manga, skips a few important arcs and reorders others, so I would also recommend reading the manga before that too

Lastly, although this is entirely subjective, I consider the manga to be a 10/10 masterpiece, so I do highly recommend it. Regardless of whether you watch the anime, read the manga or do both, I hope you enjoy Yozakura Quartet as much as I did
My greatest contribution to this website:

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

T0sh1k1 - Dec 22, 2008

57 by Leonard3755 »»
Jul 26, 2023 3:33 PM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 16, 2008

55 by Bloodedfox28 »»
Jun 23, 2023 12:34 PM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

T0sh1k1 - Oct 2, 2008

75 by NoviSun »»
Dec 1, 2021 9:53 PM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet Episode 8 Discussion

Gaia - Nov 23, 2008

28 by Ryuseishun »»
Jan 11, 2021 8:12 AM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet Episode 10 Discussion

noteDhero - Dec 6, 2008

25 by Code0018 »»
Nov 16, 2019 7:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.