Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 16, 2021 10:38 PM

Nov 2011
As someone who has enjoyed the Aikatsu series, it's a real bummer that the series seems to drop in animation quality with every new season. The last one with good animation was Aikatsu Friends.

The drop in animation quality was gradual, starting with Aikatsu on Parade ONA. The series didn't get enough budget for a proper full length animation. Then the ONA ended and we were presented with Aikatsu Planet! The series is...fine as a drama series, and the animation scene is...passable, although a far cry from the animation in prior series. Then, with only 25 episodes (the last being a "behind the scenes" episode) aired, this too, came to and end.

We now have Bloomy❀Cafe, which is a short 5 minute animation special part of Mira-in Lab, and the dip in animation is even more noticeable. A picture is worth a thousand words, and a video is worth a million pictures, so take a look for yourself.

source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8o8Csk1_H0

The CG animation is significantly worse than the one from Aikatsu Planet, which itself wasn't impressive by any means. The animation is awkward, the facial expression is emotion-less, and the lips and the voice don't match at all. Hana's hair is also not great compared to how it used to look in Aikatsu Planet. The hand/arm movement seems unnatural and the same goes for the high-five at the end. It's truly unfortunate that a once great series has been reduced to this. Maybe it will get better, but at this point I very much doubt it.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Sep 17, 2021 11:02 AM
Dec 2018
I don't watch the mirror-in labo episodes, it is a talk show and i don't have enought interest for it *plus in japanese i don't really understand much*. I fully agree with you that the animation in bloomy cafe is a shit, ehem 👉👈😶. They could have used a CGI like the one in the series for the songs/transformations. Seems to be that every two thumbnail of the videos in youtube has each actress/avatar in it, so could it be likely having 8 episodes? Each of them featuring each one of the actresses in the thumbnail. I was just wondering how many episodes was this going to have, like when this webseries are done, will there be announced a new aikatsu series, will it be the end as you just said?

Anyway i just wanted to mention as well that for those who want to watch Bloomy Cafe subtitled, you can in PrettyTrad.Com, i watch them there, they are a french fansub but you can translate/change the subs in the language whatever you want~
Sep 23, 2021 4:49 AM

Sep 2012
I sadly have to agree, Aikatsu has died for me :(
Everything that I loved about the series is gone (OG Aikatsu will always be my fav idol anime)

I'm ashamed to have this as part of the database lol
I'm going as far as to not include this entry in my personal list... It's simply not anime enough for me.

At least Aikatsu will turn 10 years next year since I(t) started (holy, I feel old now)
so it will be rewatch time~
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Sep 23, 2021 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
as an update, they have now put a poll asking people what they like about Mirain Lab

https://www.youtube.com/c/aikatsu/community

option 1: cast variety show
option 2: CG Bloomy✾Cafe
option 3: being able to see the latest info on Data Card Dass
option 4: it's boring

the fact that 2000 people voted and 22% of them chose the 4th option speaks volumes. i chose option 2 in hopes that maybe if enough people choose it, they will up the budget and at the very least make it a proper CG animation.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

Oct 3, 2021 6:29 AM

Nov 2007
Movie for Summer 2022
https://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1633260203
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 3, 2021 7:08 AM

Nov 2011

thanks for the info! I'm glad that it's getting a movie, though it's barely anime at this point.

Oct 3, 2021 1:18 PM

Jul 2008
Unless the movie leads into an S2 in the fall, or they reboot the anime again with a new franchise entry, that means the only content for Aikatsu we are really getting at all in 2022 is this movie (probably less than 90 minutes).

2022 will mark the 10th anniversary of the franchise, so I'd love them to do something huge like try one more real anime series. But to be honest the franchise has been on its last legs for years now, mostly cashing in on the success of the original entry.
Dec 25, 2022 8:24 PM

Nov 2009
Haven't heard about this series since I dropped it at around ep 3 of Aikatsu Planet (I watched all previous season) (cause I wasn't interested in more than half of episode being a talk-show as they push for real life Idols instead of anime Idol sales)

Was wondering what happened, turns out it actually ended. Most kids Idol anime tends to go on for a lot longer.

___ ___ ___

I came to check the old anime threads out, cause I just saw on MAL about an upcoming "Aikatsu 10th story movie for 2023" what's interesting is... there's also another movie with the same name, just 2022...

What gives? is it's the same movie just being rebooted? lol...

Man... Ichigo was one of my all time favorite anime Idols, she had great qualities.

I sure do miss this series back when it was a great anime...
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aikatsu Planet! Episode 1 Discussion

Gar_Logan - Jan 16, 2021

11 by BloomingLTS32 »»
Jan 2, 1:15 PM

» lacklustre songs

SakuraVanilla - Aug 18, 2023

0 by SakuraVanilla »»
Aug 18, 2023 9:22 PM

» Aikatsu Planet Film will have a short movie animated tie-in from Aikatsu

Gar_Logan - Apr 13, 2022

4 by AoButa16 »»
Oct 9, 2022 7:07 PM

» Ending June 2021

Gar_Logan - Jun 5, 2021

3 by Daytona-520 »»
Jul 10, 2021 7:18 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu Planet! Episode 20 Discussion

LastLuminescence - Jul 1, 2021

0 by LastLuminescence »»
Jul 1, 2021 8:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.