Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

I call upon all ToLoveRu experts and ecchi lovers. Is Kotegawa Yui shameless or not?

New
Kotegawa Yui, what kind of woman is she?
Aug 30, 2021 11:34 AM

Oct 2010
So I was just rewatching a certain episode of Darkness when a hot scene happened with Yui but all she screams is that she hates shameless things. How can that be? can she be so dual? is this the duality of ecchi?
You probably know her signature word "harenchi" that she screams at Rito when he falls on top of a girl by mistake and he gets in her panties and fondles her boobs. Maybe she's jealous and she wants to be fondled too?
Aug 30, 2021 1:21 PM

Jan 2017
Yui is rather lewd. She has very lewd dreams with Rito. Many leading to pregnancy.
Aug 30, 2021 2:10 PM

Feb 2020

She absolutely is but lies to herself because she's head of the public morals committee.
Aug 30, 2021 2:15 PM

Aug 2014
Catalano said:
So I was just rewatching a certain episode of Darkness when a hot scene happened with Yui but all she screams is that she hates shameless things. How can that be? can she be so dual? is this the duality of ecchi?
You probably know her signature word "harenchi" that she screams at Rito when he falls on top of a girl by mistake and he gets in her panties and fondles her boobs. Maybe she's jealous and she wants to be fondled too?

Why does there have to be a divide? People are dualistic, they have several sides to their personality.
Moral values and feelings don't always get along. It's evident everywhere.

For real world equivalence it could be a girl who was brought up to be "good and wholesome" and tried to stick with that, but once you come of age you can't really control your feelings.

For anime stereotypes well, maybe she's one type of the "good girls" that you still get to do lewd stuff with.

I feel trolled for having answered this though :(
Aug 30, 2021 2:16 PM

Oct 2015
I'm impressed no one has tagged me.

And yes, she has admitted it herself, that she is too, harenchi.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Aug 30, 2021 2:31 PM

Mar 2019
Kotegawa Yui is harenji, yes, secretly.

I play BanG Dream! Girls Band Party

Garupa EN ID: 10759829
Garupa JP ID: 36753163
Aug 30, 2021 2:33 PM

Dec 2018
I couldn't finish the first episode of To Love Ru, but she definitely has a fetish about being pushed down by Rito so he can have his way with her body, with her being unable to defend herself
Stuff in the streets, Stuff with drip in the sheets
Aug 30, 2021 2:39 PM

Sep 2018
She is pretty pure outside hentai doujinshi.
Aug 30, 2021 2:40 PM

Nov 2020
i don’t even remember anything about that mid show
Aug 30, 2021 3:58 PM

Nov 2008
Yui is a closeted perv with tsundere mixed in.

Aug 30, 2021 4:11 PM
Twintail Expert

Feb 2019
Absolutely.

More importantly I am appalled by there being a poll option for "Haruna best girl".

Shameless.
Aug 30, 2021 4:26 PM

Mar 2019
_FRB_ said:
Absolutely.

More importantly I am appalled by there being a poll option for "Haruna best girl".

Shameless.
yami-chan is best girl, amirite
because she says 'No ecchi'

I play BanG Dream! Girls Band Party

Garupa EN ID: 10759829
Garupa JP ID: 36753163
Aug 30, 2021 5:13 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Meh. No, she's not a pervert. Not an open one or a closet one. Hell, most of her fantasies about Rito are more about starting a family with him and the like, making sex implicit rather than a key component. She strikes me as pretty traditionalist in this sense. She doesn't want to have wild sex or do a bunch of kinky shit. Sex isn't on her mind most of the time. Her romantic/sexual fantasies way more often than not revolve around how wants to be a mother that has a good father for her children. I might be remembering wrong, but I think even Yabuki himself tended to prefer to draw her in family-oriented situations when it came to unofficial artwork about her and Rito. I swear I've seen a bunch of black and whites in his artstyle of Yui and Rito surrounded by children and the like somewhere out there.

Calling herself a pervert was probably a result of her incredibly low threshold for what could constitute being called as much in the first place, because in her mind, pretty much light sexual anything goes right into the danger zone. She's not as chaste as Yami (who is obnoxious about it imo) but when we're talking about sex and shit, but I think we really should kind of lean that label onto things that fall outside the norm. Way higher than average sex drives, being into kinky shit, et cetera. Momo having her rape-y ice cream fantasy was perverted. Yui calling herself perverted because she has mild sexual thoughts once in a blue moon is not actually being perverted. I think her interest in sex kinds of comes off as lower-middle tier, and I don't remember anything indicating she was secretly kinky or something.

Thinking about sex sometimes isn't perverted. Hell, it's not even lewd. I feel like she was lower-than-normal, which just genuinely not being a lewd person and having a pretty mundane sex drive is a big part of what made her stand out in such a hypersexual series. Probably the most legitimately pure chick in the show, honestly. Pure in a human way, too, which makes her seem likable and honest compared to other pure characters. I typically dislike all of this purity bullshit for that very reason. Doubt she's someone I'd ever want to hang out with, though.
ManabanAug 30, 2021 5:30 PM

Jan 15, 2023 12:38 PM
Jul 2020
Manaban said:
Meh. No, she's not a pervert. Not an open one or a closet one. Hell, most of her fantasies about Rito are more about starting a family with him and the like, making sex implicit rather than a key component. She strikes me as pretty traditionalist in this sense. She doesn't want to have wild sex or do a bunch of kinky shit. Sex isn't on her mind most of the time. Her romantic/sexual fantasies way more often than not revolve around how wants to be a mother that has a good father for her children. I might be remembering wrong, but I think even Yabuki himself tended to prefer to draw her in family-oriented situations when it came to unofficial artwork about her and Rito. I swear I've seen a bunch of black and whites in his artstyle of Yui and Rito surrounded by children and the like somewhere out there.

This is pretty factually wrong on multiple levels. For starters, gets into the mood for sex as early as chapter 4 of Darkness, no fantasies about children involved. Secondly, she does fantasize about sex quite a lot: in chapter 19 she is fantasizing about the whole act, and even having Rito play with her breasts and suck her nipples. In the extra for volume 8. she is fantasizing about Rito caressing and implicitly banging her, during the phone call. She actually has control of the scenario the whole time, she could've cut off the phone at any moment, yet she allows the scenario to play out until she orgasms. In the extra for volume 12 (the incident with the cat paw vibrator during the train ride), once again, she is in control of the scenario during the train ride: she could've spoken up and told Rito to please drop his bag or move it, but she allows the scenario to fully play out until she orgasms. In chapter 51 she is seen get visibly aroused from baby Rito sucking on her nipples, and a similar scenario plays out in the extra for the revival edition, when she is fantasizing about Rito, whilst naked in the bathroom.

As a matter of fact, she is the girl that has been portrayed to have orgasmed the most in the manga (3 times), having allow two of those times to fully play out on purpose, and one of them in public even. So yeah, she's a bit of a closet pervert.
Jan 15, 2023 2:28 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
SilverTongue_ said:
Manaban said:

This is pretty factually wrong on multiple levels. For starters, gets into the mood for sex as early as chapter 4 of Darkness, no fantasies about children involved. Secondly, she does fantasize about sex quite a lot: in chapter 19 she is fantasizing about the whole act, and even having Rito play with her breasts and suck her nipples. In the extra for volume 8. she is fantasizing about Rito caressing and implicitly banging her, during the phone call. She actually has control of the scenario the whole time, she could've cut off the phone at any moment, yet she allows the scenario to play out until she orgasms. In the extra for volume 12 (the incident with the cat paw vibrator during the train ride), once again, she is in control of the scenario during the train ride: she could've spoken up and told Rito to please drop his bag or move it, but she allows the scenario to fully play out until she orgasms. In chapter 51 she is seen get visibly aroused from baby Rito sucking on her nipples, and a similar scenario plays out in the extra for the revival edition, when she is fantasizing about Rito, whilst naked in the bathroom.

As a matter of fact, she is the girl that has been portrayed to have orgasmed the most in the manga (3 times), having allow two of those times to fully play out on purpose, and one of them in public even. So yeah, she's a bit of a closet pervert.
My point was and is that wanting sex and having sexual fantasies doesn't make you a pervert because both of those things are completely normal and healthy, which is the bulk of how Yui interacts with sexuality. I'm not going to consider that perverted whenever perversion means going beyond what is generally considered healthy and acceptable with your sexuality. 

A groper is a pervert. An intentional peeper is a pervert. Having sexual fantasies you keep to yourself, or not immediately shutting down any sexual scenarios/encounters you're involved in, is not perverted and is pretty baseline normal. Maybe it's perverted if your idea of how to have healthy interaction with your sexuality is absolute chastity, but at the most base/general level, it wouldn't be at all. 

If you want to push it as far as you can take it to the public orgasm in the train - no, I don't think having sex in public is perverted and is pretty much as far as most people go with their sex lives. Yui has done lest than that and has allowed herself to involuntarily masturbate in public, which was on a crowded train she could not freely move around in, making her voluntary participation pretty disputable. 
ManabanJan 15, 2023 2:39 PM

May 2, 2023 7:27 AM
Aug 2022
Manaban said:
SilverTongue_ said:

My point was and is that wanting sex and having sexual fantasies doesn't make you a pervert because both of those things are completely normal and healthy, which is the bulk of how Yui interacts with sexuality. I'm not going to consider that perverted whenever perversion means going beyond what is generally considered healthy and acceptable with your sexuality. 

A groper is a pervert. An intentional peeper is a pervert. Having sexual fantasies you keep to yourself, or not immediately shutting down any sexual scenarios/encounters you're involved in, is not perverted and is pretty baseline normal. Maybe it's perverted if your idea of how to have healthy interaction with your sexuality is absolute chastity, but at the most base/general level, it wouldn't be at all. 

If you want to push it as far as you can take it to the public orgasm in the train - no, I don't think having sex in public is perverted and is pretty much as far as most people go with their sex lives. Yui has done lest than that and has allowed herself to involuntarily masturbate in public, which was on a crowded train she could not freely move around in, making her voluntary participation pretty disputable. 

It was voluntary and at the same time not. Yes, she couldn't move freely on the train but that didn't stop her from telling Rito to leave his bag on the floor. she preferred to let the toy masturbate her to orgasm, if that's not perverted I don't know what is.

More topics from this board

» im so drunk

RuiMurasaki - May 2, 2023

18 by ToastWithNutella »»
Mar 16, 10:29 PM

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Darkreaper70 - Jun 13, 2008

77 by Weiwei_Wu »»
Feb 12, 11:48 AM

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zvuc - May 3, 2008

72 by Dywei »»
Jan 30, 9:02 AM

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

datsunvic - Apr 24, 2008

97 by Dywei »»
Jan 23, 12:17 AM

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Darkreaper70 - Apr 17, 2008

81 by Dywei »»
Jan 11, 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.