Aug 3, 2021 4:37 PM

Apr 2019
I don't know, it's your choice.
Aug 3, 2021 4:46 PM
May 2021
It’s your own choice
Aug 3, 2021 4:46 PM
Apr 2021
If you watched all of z, pretty no point in watching kai, but its up to you if you wanna watch gt.
Aug 3, 2021 4:52 PM

May 2021
Idk if you want to lol
Avatar: The Last Airbender is an anime
Aug 3, 2021 5:12 PM
Mar 2021
You don’t have to but you could if you want
One Piece Gintama Jojos Bizzare Adventure Are My Favorite Anime
Aug 3, 2021 5:21 PM

Nov 2020
It’s upto you. I can’t tell you what to do.
Na, Hashiru No Suki Ka?

Aug 3, 2021 6:15 PM
Oct 2019
Watch original kai looks bad and gt is very good
Aug 3, 2021 8:28 PM
Oct 2019
If you want to. Also did you watch og dragon ball? If not, I would recommend watching that first, then watch z. Kai is just dbz but they took out the filler and redid the voice acting otherwise it’s the exact same show as z

Gt and super were both sequel to z but neither were as good as the first 2 shows. But they do have their moments so I only recommend them if you still want more dragon ball content after finishing z.

Also super is consider canon and gt is not canon.
Aug 3, 2021 8:52 PM

Aug 2020
Kai makes the anime a lot less slower from what I remember and Gt was really bad and it was non canon but I liked the ending tbh
Aug 3, 2021 11:04 PM
May 2021
jackrabbitWEEB said:
should i watch the other series on this like GT, and kai
ya should watch db 1st but its not everyone's cup of tea ...its like watching naruto ..just increase the speed ya watch it ...i personally watch everything now on double speed ...after db and z (don't watch kai)watch super then broly movie ...the second half of gt is alright...its not long ...ya will get to see ss4 and ss4 gogeta and everyone grown up ya dont havta watch gt
Richard_Smyth7Aug 3, 2021 11:09 PM
Aug 4, 2021 1:12 AM
Jan 2021
Richard_Smyth7 said:
jackrabbitWEEB said:
should i watch the other series on this like GT, and kai
ya should watch db 1st but its not everyone's cup of tea ...its like watching naruto ..just increase the speed ya watch it ...i personally watch everything now on double speed ...after db and z (don't watch kai)watch super then broly movie ...the second half of gt is alright...its not long ...ya will get to see ss4 and ss4 gogeta and everyone grown up ya dont havta watch gt

why wouldnt you watch kai? it cuts filler and adheres more to the manga.
Aug 4, 2021 1:20 AM
May 2021
Sinovexx said:
Richard_Smyth7 said:

why wouldnt you watch kai? it cuts filler and adheres more to the manga.
I never seen it so I can't judge it ...Im afraid it could take away to much that made me love the show ...like the garlic saga ...i heard the blood is removed ...stuff that happens in hell and heaven ...I enjoy the filler of this show anyways...its how most people watched it ....its rated higher on mal 2
Aug 4, 2021 7:25 AM
Feb 2021
Kai is just dbz but a little better, and if your a big fan of the dragon ball franchise you should probably watch gt, though it isn't really the greatest.
Aug 4, 2021 7:35 AM
May 2021
After you have watched dragon ball z, You can watch Dragon ball super
Aug 4, 2021 7:41 AM

Jan 2009
if you want you can

but Kai follows the manga pacing more and it has animation and color corrections than the original DBZ
Aug 4, 2021 9:05 AM

Feb 2021
In my personal opinion, dbz kai is the best option to experience dbz. Like others have said before, its dbz minus the filler (more faithful to the manga) and with high definition.

Honestly, after watching kai i can't go back to the original dbz. However, many people dislike kai due to bad dub or censorship. I can't tell about the dub as i watched it in japanese audio, and it was as good as ever, and as far as i remember there was no censorship.

So i can say that if you plan to watch the english version of kai, try to do a little research first about such issues. Otherwise i would just skip original dbz and watch dbz kai in japanese audio.

About gt... has it's moments, but it's not canon. Watch it if you have nothing else to watch, but i would go with db super instead, it's canon and a much better anime.
Aug 4, 2021 8:01 PM
Mar 2021
It's pointless to watch Kai unless you want to rewatch DBZ in that case then Kai is a good way to re experience it. GT is a good show that wraps up dragon ball alright but none of it's canon. GT is optional but if you really like dragon ball and don't mind watching a 60ish I believe episode show then I recommend it. If not then just go to dragon ball super.
Aug 4, 2021 8:05 PM
Mar 2021
luis_punisher90 said:
In my personal opinion, dbz kai is the best option to experience dbz. Like others have said before, its dbz minus the filler (more faithful to the manga) and with high definition.

Honestly, after watching kai i can't go back to the original dbz. However, many people dislike kai due to bad dub or censorship. I can't tell about the dub as i watched it in japanese audio, and it was as good as ever, and as far as i remember there was no censorship.

So i can say that if you plan to watch the english version of kai, try to do a little research first about such issues. Otherwise i would just skip original dbz and watch dbz kai in japanese audio.

About gt... has it's moments, but it's not canon. Watch it if you have nothing else to watch, but i would go with db super instead, it's canon and a much better anime.
luis_punisher90 said:

I think he's saying he's already watched DBZ and wants to know what to watch next. Also you can find high definition versions of the original DBZ, though the Funimation remasters do have the 16:9 issue. The Japanese dub for Kai isn't as good as it used to be in my opinion though it is still really good.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 119 Discussion

-Adam- - Apr 27, 2013

19 by Saiko-sensei »»
Yesterday, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 17 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Oct 16, 2011

15 by Dumb »»
May 2, 5:53 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 16 Discussion

Magica_do_Mar - Dec 12, 2010

17 by Dumb »»
May 2, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 258 Discussion

Fethbita - May 11, 2013

15 by Berry-Vodka »»
May 2, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 23 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Oct 17, 2011

25 by Jacktwelve17 »»
May 2, 3:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.