Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 26, 2021 4:46 AM
Jan 2021
Are there any scenes which are removed or any extra scenes added in movie?
Which is better to watch movie or Tv series?
Jul 26, 2021 5:08 AM
Jul 2019
I haven't watched the movies because I heard they rush the pacing for episode 10. I do believe there's a couple extra added shots but that's about it.
Jul 26, 2021 5:14 AM
Dec 2020
the second movie is better than the anime but the first movie is super rushed but overall i think its much better to watch the tv series unless you really want to watch it quicker with better animation
Jul 26, 2021 5:19 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Yeshwanth_18 said:
cringeylazy said:
I haven't watched the movies because I heard they rush the pacing for episode 10. I do believe there's a couple extra added shots but that's about it.
emiiiia said:
the second movie is better than the anime but the first movie is super rushed but overall i think its much better to watch the tv series unless you really want to watch it quicker with better animation

The answer is both my friends 😉. Depending on the version of the TV show you watch it can be a little rushed visually in places, with that said yes the movie does cut a couple scenes but considering there's two 2 hour movies for just 12 EPs they really are pretty good (think of the gundam gundam recaps, 43 EPs down into three, 2 hour films😂😂).

To conclude watch the TV show first but after a year or whenever you feel like reliving the story, then the movies really are well worth your time☺️😎👍.
Jul 26, 2021 5:21 AM
Dec 2020
momentie said:
Yeshwanth_18 said:
cringeylazy said:
emiiiia said:

The answer is both my friends 😉. Depending on the version of the TV show you watch it can be a little rushed visually in places, with that said yes the movie does cut a couple scenes but considering there's two 2 hour movies for just 12 EPs they really are pretty good (think of the gundam gundam recaps, 43 EPs down into three, 2 hour films😂😂).

To conclude watch the TV show first but after a year or whenever you feel like reliving the story, then the movies really are well worth your time☺️😎👍.
i had actually watched the tv series and then watched the 3 movies a year later and now im in love with the series :/
Jul 26, 2021 5:26 AM

Feb 2021
They’re more or less the same, I didn’t notice any difference.
Jul 26, 2021 5:27 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
emiiiia said:
momentie said:

i had actually watched the tv series and then watched the 3 movies a year later and now im in love with the series :/

Same here 😎😁, the only cure is to watch more magical girl darker shows😂, try lyrical girl Nanoha(the big sister of Madoka) it's alot fun and somewhat ligther then Madoka😅👍.

Or you can watch the Madoka Magica Record spin off. It's finally getting a sequel and while the first season ain't perfect, it'll still give you that Madoka hit😉(I have a review with a spoiler free section of that if your interested or looking for more info👍)
Jul 26, 2021 6:16 AM
Dec 2020
momentie said:
emiiiia said:

Same here 😎😁, the only cure is to watch more magical girl darker shows😂, try lyrical girl Nanoha(the big sister of Madoka) it's alot fun and somewhat ligther then Madoka😅👍.

Or you can watch the Madoka Magica Record spin off. It's finally getting a sequel and while the first season ain't perfect, it'll still give you that Madoka hit😉(I have a review with a spoiler free section of that if your interested or looking for more info👍)
I really couldn't get into magia record but i might try watch it all one day but it just doesn't seem like madoka with the main 5 but hopefully movie 4 will come out soon
Jul 26, 2021 6:34 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
emiiiia said:
momentie said:

I really couldn't get into magia record but i might try watch it all one day but it just doesn't seem like madoka with the main 5 but hopefully movie 4 will come out soon

It's certainly not as good as the original but worth it non-the-less (maybe more so once it's all out when S2 finihes).

You should defo try Nanoha or Utena if your looking for more subervive magical girl shows, theres a decent number of good ones and it's a fun genre😎👍. I see you have Eva on your favourites as well, and while I have issues with it, Utena is a bit like madoka combined with elements of Eva, so defo worth a look😉👍.
Jul 26, 2021 6:40 AM
Dec 2020
momentie said:
emiiiia said:

It's certainly not as good as the original but worth it non-the-less (maybe more so once it's all out when S2 finihes).

You should defo try Nanoha or Utena if your looking for more subervive magical girl shows, theres a decent number of good ones and it's a fun genre😎👍. I see you have Eva on your favourites as well, and while I have issues with it, Utena is a bit like madoka combined with elements of Eva, so defo worth a look😉👍.
I might give them a watch one day but I have way too many series that i have on my to watch list so ill probably get to them one day...
Jul 26, 2021 6:41 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
emiiiia said:
momentie said:

I might give them a watch one day but I have way too many series that i have on my to watch list so ill probably get to them one day...
😂😂That's one of the best parts of anime, there's always something else to be watching☺️👍
Jul 26, 2021 7:23 AM
Aug 2020
Just watch either its almost the same time investment for both
Jul 26, 2021 7:33 AM

Apr 2015
Watch both.

But I would recommend the series for the first watch. But that's just my opinion, it probably doesn't really matter.
Jul 26, 2021 4:08 PM
Dec 2020
I watched both, TV first then the movies
Jul 27, 2021 8:21 AM
Nov 2019
I recommend watching the TV-show, with the exception being the dub. If you want to watch Madoka Magica in eng dub, the recap movies are way better in terms of VAs and audio composition.
Aug 1, 2021 12:57 AM
Jul 2019
I first watched as movies, then rewatched as TV series. Two very important scenes were cut. One was important for a character arc and was their motivation for doing a plot-important thing, and the second is the prologue scene, which is plot-important and is mentioned a lot in the beginning. So I recommend watching TV series for the first watch.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1543 by Biisoo »»
Apr 23, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

627 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.