Forum Settings
Forums

Otome Game 'Hakuouki' Receives New OVA Project

New
Jul 1, 2021 9:06 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
NBCUniversal Entertainment Japan opened an official website for a new original video anime (OVA) for Idea Factory's Hakuouki otome game on Friday, revealing a teaser visual (pictured). The website also revealed a new character named Hyougo Sakai.

Idea Factory published the first game in the franchise under its Otomate imprint for PlayStation 2 in September 2008, followed by a prequel titled Hakuouki Reimeiroku in October 2010. The publisher released a remastered version of the original game in two parts on PlayStation Vita subtitled Kaze no Shou (Kyoto Winds) and Hana no Shou (Edo Blossoms) in September 2015 and June 2016, respectively. The two-part remastered version was released in English in August 2017 and March 2018.

Studio Deen produced a television anime that aired in 12 episodes in Spring 2010, followed by the 10-episode Hakuouki Hekketsuroku (Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom - Record of the Jade Blood) sequel anime series in Fall that year.

A six episode side story OVA ran from August 2011 to June 2012. Studio Deen adapted the prequel game into a 12-episode television anime in Summer 2012. The latest anime installment in the franchise, two compilation films of the original television anime, premiered in Japan in August 2013 and March 2014.

Synopsis
In 1864 Japan, a young woman named Chizuru Yukimura is searching for her missing father, Koudou, a doctor by trade whose work often takes him far from home. But with no word from him in months, Chizuru disguises herself as a man and heads to Kyoto in search of him. Attracting the attention of ronin, she tries to hide and ends up witnessing a horrifying sight: the ronin being brutally murdered by crazed white-haired men. In a startling turn of events, members of the Shinsengumi arrive to dispatch the creatures. But Chizuru's safety doesn't last long, as this group of men tie her up and take her back to their headquarters, unsure of whether to let her live or silence her permanently.

However, once she reveals the name of her father, the Shinsengumi decide to keep her safe, as they too have been searching for him. But Koudou is more connected to the Shinsengumi than they let on, and soon Chizuru finds herself embroiled in a conflict between the Shinsengumi and their enemies, as well as political tension in Kyoto. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Official site: https://www.nbcuni.co.jp/anime/hakuoki/
Official Twitter: @anime_hakuoki

Source: Comic Natalie

Hakuouki OVA (Shinsaku) on MAL
VindstotJul 2, 2021 12:12 AM

Jul 1, 2021 9:27 PM

Jul 2009
Oh ho, how convenient, just when I finally started playing the remastered games this week. I'm definitely looking forward to this, maybe I'll re-watch the previous animes to refresh my memory.
AndromedaJul 1, 2021 9:30 PM
Jul 1, 2021 9:48 PM

Apr 2012
How many parts are there in this franchise? A friend of mine was a fan of it a few years ago and even then it had 2-3 TV seasons.
Jul 2, 2021 12:47 AM

Mar 2015
HEY HEY HEY this is some awesome news I just woke up to!

I wonder what it's about. Considering Hijikata is on the cover I can probably throw away my dreams of an Okita route adaption. Whatever I'm still hyped.
Jul 2, 2021 3:20 AM
Mar 2021
omg im so happy i really liked this anime a lot
Jul 2, 2021 6:19 AM

Jan 2009
Always the same route... I would like to see Kazama's route one day, that will never happen... they don't change, don't even try to dare
english isn't my native language... ;)
Jul 2, 2021 7:16 AM

May 2020
Will Chizuru finally be useful? Probably not, but one can dream
Jul 2, 2021 8:52 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
I should finish this VN already.
Jul 11, 2021 4:53 PM
Mar 2020
I am so pumped... please god let the dubbed voice actors not suck.... I couldn't watch any of the old series because, even as a strictly dubbed fan, I couldn't stomach how absolutely trash tier the voice actors were in English. I love the series so much. I hope they don't do my boys so dirty this time.

More topics from this board

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
1 hour ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
3 hours ago

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
4 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.