Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2021 4:57 PM

Nov 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
no posts for this one? xD
i must say i slept through it when they resolved the mystery of why he was interested in maruko lol, and then they start a search for some old couple i guess, the comedy it's not as good as it was in the 90's tho
one thing i must say i felt this movie a little bit ignorant of cultures presenting this uber stereotypical japanophilic gaijins xD i mean the girl from brazil was speaking spanish, is that even possible? like they are my neighbors country ad i know they have a hard time learning it to cross the border....

i can't call chibi maruko chan a racist show because it's just ignorance from the times the show takes place: the 80's. this movie was indeed made in 2015 but i guess they didn't want to change maruko's show ambience too much, that is, they are still living in the heisei period? xD

i mean just look around and you will not notice the people using phones, computers or video game consoles D: their town didn't grow into a city in all of these years yet and that shinkansen model it's an older one tho. the newer ones have this ugly smashed rear-front now... you know, the bullet train was around since the 1960's so uhh... mixed feelings on this one!
Berry-VodkaFeb 16, 2021 5:03 PM

đź’˘

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.