Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 18, 2020 12:50 AM
Jul 2018
Well what are you waiting for? Log into your Netflix account this instant and add it to your watch list.

Hurry up. Do it now!

Inb4 this is old news. I’m in the UK and I only just saw it in the library for the first time today.

Dec 18, 2020 4:39 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Ew,

How about Legend of Aang book 4 instead.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Dec 18, 2020 4:51 AM

May 2020
Oh cool. Always wanted to watch it:)
Dec 18, 2020 4:59 AM

Jun 2016
Korra is non canon. The world exploded after aang did his thing with ozai.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Dec 18, 2020 5:00 AM
Jul 2020
I never even finished atla rip.... also isn't this an anime cite?? It's not like they are gonna add it to the database
Dec 18, 2020 5:08 AM

Dec 2016
Avatar the Last Airbender >>>>>> The Legend of Korra. I'm not gonna waste time with that shit.
한 번만 살지만 제대로 하면 한 번이면 충분해요
Dec 18, 2020 7:22 AM

Oct 2014
IIRC Netflix Korra has the wrong framerate. Dunno if they ever fixed it, but be warned if you intend to check it out on Netflix.
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Dec 18, 2020 7:39 AM

Apr 2018
It's been up there for at least a couple of months, and it's not even anime...

You getting paid to shill for it, OP?
Dec 18, 2020 10:42 AM

Aug 2017
Canadian here; we still don't have it :/
Some of you never watched Bakugan Battle Brawlers on TeleToon in 2008 and it shows.
REST IN PEACE KENTAROU MIURA
Dec 18, 2020 12:39 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Obligatory TLOK is not an anime comment.

This show has been here in the US for a while now. My family member and I are huge fans of Avatar: The Last Airbender. We watched it on Netflix the moment it got brought back to the service after a frickin decade even though we had found a DVD set by that time, I have hardcover editions of some of the comics, and my family member even got some amazing ATLA-themed presents from their friends. We had never watched TLOK before, so we decided to binge through the whole series when we saw it appear on Netflix.

I'm not gonna lie—it's not as bad as most people seem to feel about it.
It seems that TLOK gets treated by a certain amount of the Avatar fanbase in the same way as Chrono Cross does among a good amount of Chrono Trigger fans. Don't get me wrong, this show definitely has some glaring problems, with stuff like the main characters (Korra, Mako, Bolin, and Asami) can be fun but they do feel like somewhat lacking compared to OG Team Avatar, each season feels really frickin repetitive, some side characters weren't that enjoyable to me, some things feel way too convenient in a way that I don't think I can properly explain, and the villains, while most of them introduced interesting conflicts into the show, aren't super amazing as characters. But I do like a lot of things about it—the world building, while sometimes pretty weird for the Avatar universe (like the fact that Republic City is literally San Francisco and that there's jazz music and cars now), was pretty cool, I really like Tenzin and his family (apparently some people hate Meelo cuz he's some annoying kid and makes occasional fart jokes, but idk I actually thought he was funny lol), I love Naga, I really like the new lore about the Avatar... stuff like that. This show was okay and I could see good and bad things about it.

Avatar: The Last Airbender > The Legend of Korra though.
Dec 18, 2020 1:27 PM
Jun 2015
Aryale said:
I never even finished atla rip.... also isn't this an anime cite?? It's not like they are gonna add it to the database
You need to finish that fam. Screw Korra though. It'll be like watching HXH and then jumping to shitty My Hero Academia
Dec 18, 2020 1:39 PM

Sep 2020
Legend of Korra is irrelevant and unnecessary. Let's talk about relevant cartoon topics despite this being an anime site. Like I want to know when the 2003 Teen Titans is getting rebooted
Dec 18, 2020 2:46 PM
Jul 2018
Fario-P said:
Obligatory TLOK is not an anime comment.

This show has been here in the US for a while now. My family member and I are huge fans of Avatar: The Last Airbender. We watched it on Netflix the moment it got brought back to the service after a frickin decade even though we had found a DVD set by that time, I have hardcover editions of some of the comics, and my family member even got some amazing ATLA-themed presents from their friends. We had never watched TLOK before, so we decided to binge through the whole series when we saw it appear on Netflix.

I'm not gonna lie—it's not as bad as most people seem to feel about it.
It seems that TLOK gets treated by a certain amount of the Avatar fanbase in the same way as Chrono Cross does among a good amount of Chrono Trigger fans. Don't get me wrong, this show definitely has some glaring problems, with stuff like the main characters (Korra, Mako, Bolin, and Asami) can be fun but they do feel like somewhat lacking compared to OG Team Avatar, each season feels really frickin repetitive, some side characters weren't that enjoyable to me, some things feel way too convenient in a way that I don't think I can properly explain, and the villains, while most of them introduced interesting conflicts into the show, aren't super amazing as characters. But I do like a lot of things about it—the world building, while sometimes pretty weird for the Avatar universe (like the fact that Republic City is literally San Francisco and that there's jazz music and cars now), was pretty cool, I really like Tenzin and his family (apparently some people hate Meelo cuz he's some annoying kid and makes occasional fart jokes, but idk I actually thought he was funny lol), I love Naga, I really like the new lore about the Avatar... stuff like that. This show was okay and I could see good and bad things about it.

Avatar: The Last Airbender > The Legend of Korra though.

Yes I found this review helpful thank you very much. 😊 ☺️ 🙏🏿

Removed off topic/deleted quotes
CareBearDec 18, 2020 11:41 PM
Dec 18, 2020 11:34 PM

Feb 2016
Moved to Music and Entertainment and cleaned all the off topic posts
CareBearDec 18, 2020 11:38 PM
Dec 19, 2020 12:03 AM

Dec 2019
ITS TIME FOR A REWATCH

"i tried to drown an 8 year old once"
- @marinara-sauce

バンの一味

Dec 20, 2020 11:57 AM

Nov 2014
Yay! I did a rewatch of ATLA this year and have been wanting to watch TLOK. I only watched the first season of it when it initially released, so I'm really excited to watch it in its entirety now. Still hoping for an animated avatar Kyoshi series ever since I read the Kyoshi novels, but that's not likely to ever happen.. :(
Dec 26, 2020 8:42 AM
May 2018
Hitok1ri said:
The 2003 Teen Titans is even more irrelevant. So irrelevant that it got cancelled, and didn't do anywhere near as good as GO. It's not getting a reboot.

Not that irrelevant, since there's still the crazy fans that want a reboot (not sure if it was cancelled or not, but that show actually has an end or more like three), and in the movie of TT GO they teased the fans by saying that there was gonna be a reboot if it did good. To me it was just a meh series, as I said it actually got like three instances that had an end, I don't see the point of bringing it back. You're doing better reading the comics for all I care.
Dec 29, 2020 9:48 AM
Jul 2018
Rinrinka said:
Ew,

How about Legend of Aang book 4 instead.
This

OT well not surprising, you usually put trash in the trash can.
Dec 29, 2020 10:29 AM

Nov 2008
Already watched it on Blu-ray last year. Would watch it again.

Netflix's compression is awful. Any time there is movement or a lot of detail in a frame, the picture degrades with artifacts.

Korra on Blu-ray:

Korra on Netflix:

Dec 29, 2020 4:54 PM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
I tried watching it once, it was the quickest drop of my life. I decided to experience the series from E;R's videos on the series instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmKaQqinWKY&list=PLJvE6-ZPK6g7B0vCH_jZOUUQSiSnhQVik&index=1
Dec 29, 2020 4:54 PM
Jul 2018
I've already seen korra many times,I dont think its a bad show but I still prefer avatar

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7603 by easycorpus »»
3 hours ago

» Post a song on the above user's profile

tsukareru - Yesterday

3 by tsukareru »»
3 hours ago

» what's your favourite artist and/or band of all time?

brainburger - Apr 28

13 by brainburger »»
9 hours ago

» Post songs that you are addicted to right now

tsukareru - Apr 26

21 by juanlqr »»
9 hours ago

» Favorite Non-Anime Shows/Movies

EverRealm - Apr 27

7 by notPara »»
Today, 12:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.