Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 15, 2020 2:25 PM

Jun 2015
Manga Updates doesn't state how many chapters it is, but every other source that does says it's 5. I found some uploads of the raws and again, only 5 chapters, and the final chapter has what seems to be back-of-the-book credits and pages. I know one volume is usually 8-12 chapters, but this seemed like it was cancelled early anyways.

Chapters:

1-Suzumiya Haruhi and the SOS Dan enliven the World!
2-Welcome to Nagato's World
3-A Trip through the City
4-Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody
5-Let's play baseball!

https://haruhi.fandom.com/wiki/The_Melancholy_of_Haruhi_Suzumiya_(2004_manga)

Here's the chapters uploaded on Imgur: 1 2 3 4 5
Sep 15, 2020 4:58 PM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (drawn by Makoto Mizuno) was released from the May 2004 issue of Shounen Ace (March 26, 2004) to the December 2004 issue of the same magazine (October 26, 2004). Although there is limited evidence of this, there were 8 chapters that were released in total.

Chapter 1 in the May issue.
Chapter 2 in the June issue.
Chapter 3 in the July issue.
Chapter 4 in the August issue.
Chapter 5 in the September issue.
Chapter 6 in the October issue.
Chapter 7 in the November issue.
And Chapter 8 in the December issue, the last chapter before this manga was cancelled.

As for the reason why many sources may state that it is 5 chapters, it is simply because the only volume that was published had 5 chapters. The three remaining chapters were never published in a volume, which may be a contributing factor as to why the raws for those three chapters aren't available.

Hope this helps!
Sep 15, 2020 10:12 PM

Jun 2015
Ah, that explains it. Thank you for the response. Really disappointed those chapters never got published. It's weird how poorly that first manga was handled.
Dec 14, 2021 2:57 PM
Apr 2013
Anyone have any idea where to find the last three chapters? I found an old link to all the raws from haruhisuzumiya.net on waybackmachine, but it’s to megaupload and consequently dead.
Jan 15, 2022 4:37 PM

Feb 2021
Bergioyn said:
Anyone have any idea where to find the last three chapters? I found an old link to all the raws from haruhisuzumiya.net on waybackmachine, but it’s to megaupload and consequently dead.

I also would like to find those chapters and I can't seem to find them anywhere. Plus, have you been able to find the Light Novel of haruhi Suzumiya? I also can't seem to find it anywhere
Jan 16, 2022 12:56 PM
Apr 2013
TCAbdo said:
Bergioyn said:

I also would like to find those chapters and I can't seem to find them anywhere. Plus, have you been able to find the Light Novel of haruhi Suzumiya? I also can't seem to find it anywhere

I haven't been looking for the Light Novels so can't help with those unfortunately. I've since managed to get a physical copy of the issue where chapter 7 was published, but I'm still missing 6 and 8.
Jan 31, 3:18 PM
Apr 2013
Reply to TCAbdo
Bergioyn said:

@TCAbdo You'll be pleased to hear I've finally managed to find all the chapters (altough 6 and 8 are pretty bad quality photos)! Send me a pm if you'd like a link. I'm actually looking for people to translate the series, so if you know anyone who might be willing to do that do let me know.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.