Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 9, 2020 5:33 AM
Aug 2013
I heard that the novel is already completed. Is that true?
Jun 9, 2020 5:36 AM

Apr 2013
No it's not.

The web novel was completed online, but its published version is currently at the beginning of the 5th arc (23 volumes +2 short stories volumes) , which will be the last arc; but it's still missing around 8 volumes to complete the arc so it won't be finished before 2022.

Jun 9, 2020 5:42 AM
Aug 2013
Zefyris said:
No it's not.

The web novel was completed online, but its published version is currently at the beginning of the 5th arc (23 volumes +2 short stories volumes) , which will be the last arc; but it's still missing around 8 volumes to complete the arc so it won't be finished before 2022.

So the original novel is a web novel?
Jun 9, 2020 5:44 AM

Apr 2013
UaEfAlCoN83 said:
Zefyris said:
No it's not.

The original version is a web novel on shousetsuka ni narou, yes.
Jun 9, 2020 5:47 AM
Aug 2013
Zefyris said:
UaEfAlCoN83 said:

The original version is a web novel on shousetsuka ni narou, yes.

I see. I think they should specify that in MAL. I never knew about web novels :)
Jun 9, 2020 5:53 AM

Apr 2013
MAL only references officially published material, so things like amateurs publishing on websites like narou will probably never be referenced here.
Considering that most of the story is now available in proper novel format, I would advise against reading it in web novel format as well anyway.
Jun 9, 2020 5:56 AM
Aug 2013
Zefyris said:
MAL only references officially published material, so things like amateurs publishing on websites like narou will probably never be referenced here.
Considering that most of the story is now available in proper novel format, I would advise against reading it in web novel format as well anyway.

I just checked the web novel. It looks like it was translated using Google Translate :)
So I will wait for the official translated volumes, which will take forever.
Jun 9, 2020 6:06 AM

Apr 2013
hmm, well, considering the amount of content remaining it will certainly take a good while, but the official translation isn't really what I would call slow either.
Jun 22, 2020 1:31 PM

Jan 2016
UaEfAlCoN83 said:
Zefyris said:

I just checked the web novel. It looks like it was translated using Google Translate :)
So I will wait for the official translated volumes, which will take forever.

The web novel translation available is a machine translation so I'd avoid that at all costs.

Also, the novel is published by JNC, which is literally the best publisher for LNs in the west right now. They release 1 volume per 2 months which is lightning quick if compared to publishers like Yenpress.

You can also subscribe to JNC and read the chapters as they're translated so that you don't have to wait for long. You can read 3 chapters per week which is amazing for those who tend to forget stuff over months.
Oct 9, 2020 11:45 AM

Aug 2015
Zefyris said:
No it's not.

I've recently discovered this LN thanks to the anime. I had no idea such great work existed, and quite frankly I'm disappointed that I binged all of the available material. It frustrates me that I would literally have to wait something like 5 years to wait for the English publications.

It would actually be faster to just learn Japanese and then read it directly.

Is the completed web novel English translated? Are there fan translations of the existing novels beyond the eighth book? I absolutely must read more if there is, so any information would be appreciated.
Oct 9, 2020 11:58 AM

Apr 2013
The_Silver_Nuke said:
Zefyris said:
No it's not.

I've recently discovered this LN thanks to the anime. I had no idea such great work existed, and quite frankly I'm disappointed that I binged all of the available material. It frustrates me that I would literally have to wait something like 5 years to wait for the English publications.

It would actually be faster to just learn Japanese and then read it directly.

Is the completed web novel English translated? Are there fan translations of the existing novels beyond the eighth book? I absolutely must read more if there is, so any information would be appreciated.

There are some but it's machine translated, so it's horrible and I wouldn't recommend that. It's like the best bread you can find and put something horrible on it because you didn't have anything better to put on right now; that's such a waste.
If you're not already subscribed, you know you can subscribe (I think it's like 5$ per month? to Jnovel club to get amongst other thing the possibility of reading online each new chapter as it gets updated. I think there's one new chapter of honzuki every monday or something like that.

Also even without it the english version has something like one new volume every one month and half / 2 months so it's fast.
No need to rush, it's not going anywhere.
Oct 9, 2020 12:38 PM

Aug 2015

There are some but it's machine translated, so it's horrible and I wouldn't recommend that. It's like the best bread you can find and put something horrible on it because you didn't have anything better to put on right now; that's such a waste.
If you're not already subscribed, you know you can subscribe (I think it's like 5$ per month? to Jnovel club to get amongst other thing the possibility of reading online each new chapter as it gets updated. I think there's one new chapter of honzuki every monday or something like that.

Also even without it the english version has something like one new volume every one month and half / 2 months so it's fast.
No need to rush, it's not going anywhere.

Thanks for the swift reply! I'll try the Jnovel club as you suggest, but while the novels might not be going anywhere I wouldn't want to put this story off indefinitely as it gets translated slowly from my perspective.

I may have to seriously consider picking up Japanese after all...
Oct 8, 2023 11:16 AM
Jul 2020
Reply to Zefyris
No it's not.

@Zefyris I am reading now part 4 and I was wondering at which point the story was. So the story is actually complete and they are just adapting it in LN version? If yes, how many parts amd volumes should have in total?
Oct 8, 2023 11:28 AM

Apr 2013
Reply to Yadava98
@Zefyris I am reading now part 4 and I was wondering at which point the story was. So the story is actually complete and they are just adapting it in LN version? If yes, how many parts amd volumes should have in total?
@Yadava98 The final volume of this series will be published this December in Japan.
It will be the 33rd volume of the main series, with Part 5 being the last part, containing 12 volumes (part 4 was 9 volumes long).
There's also 3 (supposedly a 4th is coming) short stories volumes published to add to those 33 if you want to read everything.

... Now, on top of this, the author has already written on the side a side story with Hannelore as the protagonist, and she said she has plan for a sequel of the main series later one; so there may ultimately even MORE bookworm to come after the end of the series and the 4th short story volume. But nothing is certain yet for us outside of the end of the main series this December.
Oct 8, 2023 12:15 PM
Jul 2020
Reply to Zefyris
@Yadava98 The final volume of this series will be published this December in Japan.
It will be the 33rd volume of the main series, with Part 5 being the last part, containing 12 volumes (part 4 was 9 volumes long).
There's also 3 (supposedly a 4th is coming) short stories volumes published to add to those 33 if you want to read everything.

... Now, on top of this, the author has already written on the side a side story with Hannelore as the protagonist, and she said she has plan for a sequel of the main series later one; so there may ultimately even MORE bookworm to come after the end of the series and the 4th short story volume. But nothing is certain yet for us outside of the end of the main series this December.
@Zefyris thank you for your informative and quick reply! I saw that J-novels is quite at a good point and if they continue like this all volumes will be translated by september 2024. Can't wait!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Chapter 31 Discussion

NiQ1 - Apr 16

4 by TheMidnightWolf »»
Apr 25, 10:05 AM

» Volume 30 (Part 5 Volume 9) Discussion

abystoma2 - Mar 26

1 by hayato_bun »»
Mar 26, 10:59 AM

» Part 3 will be receiving an anime adaptation

Knighthammer619 - Dec 6, 2023

10 by NiQ1 »»
Dec 11, 2023 3:53 PM

» Where to start after season 3?

sfloress - Jun 13, 2022

6 by sometaters »»
Sep 5, 2023 3:04 PM

» [Light Novel] Part V (Five)

EkunSjy - Sep 10, 2022

36 by Hurwitz »»
Aug 26, 2023 4:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.