Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2019 2:08 PM

Aug 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was actually quite a bit better than I expected it to be. I wasn't a big fan of the music and songs of Yellow in the series but hearing them all sang in his male voice and at full length really made them sound better to me and I appreciate the songs much more.

As a summary of the series this was an interesting take, probably in many ways a better way of handling such a thing as most recap films cut out so much that they become almost impossible to follow.

Love, Live, Alive though felt more like a highlights package and of course one big Music Video. And it worked pretty well in my opinion. I especially liked hearing the crowd at the end of songs which really added to the feeling of this being a concert. Certainly it helped that I only finished the series about an hour before starting this OVA so I wasn't guessing about the importance of some scenes being shown since I easily remembered. If you haven't seen the series in awhile I think this would be nostalgic but perhaps less fun because if you struggle to remember stuff then it will seem pretty random.

I enjoyed the small handful of new scenes, including what appears to be confirmation that Stig came back to be with Aisha as the final scene suggested he did. Also Sorji appears to have got her man haha. At least that is my guess since she had the golden records on the wall and appeared to be waiting for Yellow to come home.

Only real nitpick I have to make is the OVA goes on like a minute longer than it needs to before the credits. Don't understand why the final scene isn't Yellow at the river with his guitar. :S

Yeah overall this was pretty good, it surprised me how much I liked it. Though I will still only give it a 6/10. It was nice, added a touch extra to the series and was well made for what it is. But what it is is still a 50 minute Music Video of which 90% of it is just highlights from the show.
Jul 13, 2022 12:06 AM
Jul 2020
It was fine for what it is but I wish there was a little bit more new footage for the recap. I enjoyed the alternative versions of songs from the ost but there were a few songs that were missing, most notably Love Pebble. There's some major flashing lights in some of the concert scenes so be aware.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.