Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 2, 2019 6:09 AM
Oct 2019
Hello Guys!
As the title says, I want to do a little rewrite of Escaflowne hypothetically. Iam doing this only for enjoyment and challenge, maybe simply only as a hypothetical great vision of a perfect version of Escaflowne.

I don't expect that much response, cause it's an old Anime, but 3 or 4 active people discussing with me would make me already happy. :)

What is the plan? I don't have a whole Re-write in mind like the Movie. I want to stay close to the Anime, but remove the done mistakes and add some ideas/flavor from the Movie/Manga.

Step 1: identify errors in logic, story and design
1.1: logic errors (like Allen jumping from the water falls even neither able to see or hear the Crusador. It looks cool, but is unrealistic)
1.2: story errors (like the dragon attacking the harmless Yukari and Amano, even we get told in the later episodes, those dragons are only attacking aggressiv, dangerous persons)
1.3 design errors (all the time, Hitomi and Van are transported between the world's with a beam of light, but the dragon in EP. 1 is walking through a portal not seen in the rest of the series again)

Step 2: Filling plot holes
Sometimes its very noticeable, that they had to shorten the story/episodes. Like in "The Day the Angel Flew" EP. 8 (dragon graveyard episode). Van mentioning that Hitomi told him about that dragon graveyard, even Hitomi isn't knowing what's up with that dragon energists. Later Dilandau spots Escaflowne, and talks like she was absolutely knowing they have to be there, even she can't know that and it isn't explained, why the flying Fortress have split from the main attack force)

Step 3: add additional content
Not everything is explained to a full enjoyment, cause a lot of screen time had to be removed for the sake of production costs. The explanation, Allen's father lost Dornkirk in the fog after randomly meeting each other at the end of the world sounds so artificially short and unrealistic, that I really think those both had an own episode.

So, what do you think about this idea? What should change?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

maLakai - Jan 12, 2009

118 by Lockensocke »»
Apr 8, 12:23 AM

» Remember when people thought this was one of the greatest anime ever?

Schlockendale - Jan 13, 2022

17 by Lockensocke »»
Apr 7, 8:44 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 25 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 22, 2009

22 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 24 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 22, 2009

36 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Escaflowne Episode 23 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Mar 21, 2009

37 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 7, 8:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.