Forum Settings
Forums

Production Staff of 'Try Knights' TV Anime Announced

New
Jul 6, 2019 2:52 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The official website of Try Knights, the television anime adaptation of Chizuka Erisawa and Shunsaku Yano's rugby manga, revealed the staff members, a key visual (pictured), and the first promotional video on Friday.

Produced by Gonzo, in cooperation with the Japan Rugby Football Union, Try Knights will premiere on July 31 at 1:29 a.m. on NTV and stream on Hulu and dAnime Store the same day. The anime series will also air on Miyagi TV, Kumamoto Kenmin TV, Hiroshima TV, Sapporo TV, TV Oita, Shizuoka Daiichi TV, Fukuoka Broadcasting System, Fukushima Central TV, TV Niigata, TV Iwate, Yomiuri TV, and Aomori TV.

Staff
Director: Tokihiro Sasaki (Joshikausei)
Series Composition: Makoto Takada (Okusama ga Seitokaichou!)
Character Design: Kan Soramoto (Ousama Game The Animation)
Chief Animation Director: Kan Soramoto, Akari Minagawa (Mitsuboshi Colors animation director)
Prop Design: Miho Shimizu (Kyoto Teramachi Sanjou no Holmes)
Color Design: Naoto Kondou (Okusama ga Seitokaichou!)
Art Director: Eitou Nakahara (Sengoku Night Blood)
Director of Photography, Editing: Kazuto Horikawa (Nobunaga-sensei no Osanazuma)
Sound Director: Ryousuke Naya (Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue.)
Sound Effects: Hiroki Nozaki (Seisen Cerberus: Ryuukoku no Fatalités)
Sound Production: Studio Mausu
Music: Ron (Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka)
Production Cooperation: Seven

Former Japanese rugby player Daisuke Ohata is overseeing the anime series. Ohata will also appear as a mini character in the anime and host a "Try Knights Rugby Lesson!" mini corner with the main characters Riku and Akira, explaining different elements of the sports.

Voice actor Shougo Sakamoto—starring as the protagonist Riku—wrote, composed, and is performing the opening theme "Mugen no Try."

PV 1

Note: The video is region-locked; click here for an alternative link.

Based on Yano's scenario and featuring Erisawa's artworks, Try Knights has been serialized in Monthly Comic Gene since June 2018. Manga artist Rihito Takarai (Ten Count) and Try Knights Union are credited for the original character design and original concept, respectively. Kadokawa published the first two compiled volumes on March 27. The third volume is planned for an August 27 release.

Source: Comic Natalie

Jul 6, 2019 3:03 PM

May 2015
I've actually been pretty interested in seeing this anime ever since it was announced. But the fact that it's airing so late into the season and the first PV was only just released makes me think there might have been some production issues and it's probably gonna suck. I hope I'm wrong though, but I'll still watch it regardless.

♡ artist
サコ
Jul 6, 2019 5:05 PM
May 2007
The breath of fresh air I need. Ron for music is a very pleasant surprise. I miss his soundtracks. The mini characters corner must be fun with a former rugby player. I hope everything goes well.
Jul 6, 2019 7:22 PM

Feb 2013
What a terrible staff
Jul 6, 2019 7:24 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Gonzo x Ousama Game staff hype
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 6, 2019 9:04 PM

Apr 2011
They should rename the title to Gay Knights instead. lol
Jul 7, 2019 3:23 AM
May 2016
Magito said:
They should rename the title to Gay Knights instead. lol

Laughs good one mate

More topics from this board

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 2 hours ago

1 by Badonkers »»
2 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

29 by RealNath »»
5 hours ago

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for May

Aiimee - Yesterday

0 by Aiimee »»
Yesterday, 10:47 AM

» Video Game 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Gets TV Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Mar 9

17 by Synrax »»
Yesterday, 10:30 AM

» 'Senpai wa Otokonoko' Announces Additional Staff, Theme Songs

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

0 by DatRandomDude »»
Yesterday, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.