Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Finally ... (something set in Samurai era which doesn't look like Otome game adaption)

New
May 31, 2019 4:49 AM

Dec 2015
Going to watch this since it says "Original" on MAL (no adaption) and the preview did not seem like Otome game adaption. And it seems like there will be army battles every now and then. (Which I like.)

Not enough samurai anime that got my interest lately. But in the last few years I noticed a lot of stuff targeted at girls (I think Otome game adaptions) - especially with the "boys" from the Shinsengumi and stuff like that.

Glad to see an anime like thie. Description where it says it will be about Oda Nobunaga and his youth ... seems not bad as well.
Jun 4, 2019 9:54 AM

Jul 2014
Well it kinda looks "gay" by judging the charadesigns and opening theme (no offense) so it's probably another girls-targeted anime like "Touken Ranbu".
Jul 8, 2019 5:08 AM

Oct 2010
you sure? looks pretty otome to me
Jul 8, 2019 5:22 AM

Jan 2009
might as well wait for Balde of the Immortal remake
Jul 8, 2019 5:52 AM

Dec 2015
Kougeru said:
you sure? looks pretty otome to me
Hm ... there is no "game" instead it says "original" for the source. But then again MAL might be wrong or out of date with the info.

Otome stuff ... usually based on games. At least one of the previes I watched when I made my post seemed like there were enough guys and not your typical setup: 1 girl + tons of samurai. (Like ni that crappy shingensumi anime they made ... I don't evem remember the name ... Hakuoi or something like that?)

I guess I'll just watch one or two episodes and then deciding. I saw the studio actually did some of that Otome stuff - Hakuoki ...

I hope they learned a bit about visuals/char design for samurai and just wanted to make something original without being forced to make it otome stuff. Not enough good samurai anime lately. And even the fantasy anime are lacking. (Good ones not getting sqeuels. Adaption of mediocre stuff being continued ...)

Well at least there is Vinland Saga which is great - doesn't need to be fantasy always. Historic setting is good as well. And for samurai I prefer the ones with less superpowers (that almost feel like fantasy) as well - even though Sengoku Basara was fun for the action.

Edit: After having watched the preview again (I think it was another one ... PV2) I think there seems to be a female that will have main role. Still I liked .. the music in the PV and there seemd to be enough focus on action as well. And maybe Fujoshi bait. Might be targeted at females in a way because of the bishounen guys but not purely having the focus on a revers harem with 1 girl + tons of bishounen samurai only wanting to protect her. This could be watchable ... depeds on the focus, chars and the plot and how much action they show.
LuthandoriusJul 8, 2019 5:57 AM
Jul 14, 2019 7:49 AM
Jun 2016
Well, from the beginning of episode 1 I could tell it's using Bishounen (beautiful boys) art style, so I do think the main demographics are girls, but other anime that I have watched (Saint Seiya, Code Geass...) demonstrated to me that Bishounen not always mean the anime is for girls, I will keep watching it.
Jan 14, 2021 1:14 AM
Apr 2019
I heard about this before,it aiming for all audience but not the fujoshi because of the ending and just a little part of it for fujoshi, btw they using the real historical and how it end is already decided. BE for fujoshi(careful when taking the bait). HE for the other audience if you say.
Nov 27, 2022 4:57 AM

Jun 2021
Still looks pretty geh,,,,, too many guys less girl maybe only one.
And the animation looks chinese, is it chinese tho ? I don't think so.

Will give it a try!
Yandere_@lover

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2019

32 by Obabby »»
Jul 11, 2023 2:27 AM

Poll: » Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2019

23 by kari-ya »»
Aug 24, 2021 8:46 AM

Poll: » Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

23 by gophercg »»
Apr 10, 2020 4:25 AM

Poll: » Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2019

11 by gophercg »»
Mar 27, 2020 4:47 AM

Poll: » Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2019

15 by Unkrowned »»
Feb 5, 2020 8:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.