Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 15, 2019 8:41 PM

Mar 2013
Hi fellow people looking for recommendations or are simply here for fun~

As you may or may not have found out with this post or with the red bell notification, there are new kids in town and they're thrilled to make the Rec Club community have a great time!

Admins
@blob
@Confederate_Jeb

Officers
@katemonster123
@FakeNameOF
@Imbalanced
@RedPlaty

The Club requires some renovations and touching up (jeez, dat old layout, amirite?) and we're thinking of solutions! However, that doesn't mean that we'll blindly do anything without letting you guys in, so we're creating this post to give the users a voice !!! Recommend us some activities, improvements, or any other suggestions that you would like to see OR not see in the Rec Club!

Here is a list of the things planned in the pipeline:

> Layout update
For a few consecutive layouts now, the Club page has been poorly managed! We plan on returning the Rec Club layout to its former glory by creating an eye-feasting, inspiring, possibly interactive (:O!), and welcoming layout. However, that is not to say that we can do it alone. That is why we are thinking of the eventuality of creating ARTIST EVENTS in which you talented members can submit very nice and original layout and club picture concepts! I would personally love to bring back the embedded Youtube music videos in the layout. Tell us what you think!

> MOAR simulwatches
Simulwatching is a very popular activity on the Discord server. It is an activity in which weebs members band together and watch a streamed show together (usually on https://www.rabb.it), with or without voice chat! It has been the go-to event for getting to know each other and enjoy generally BAD series together! It's a bunch of fun and smiles are guaranteed. Now, with the access to notifications, expect these events to become more frequent! Tell us what you think!

> Club affiliations <3
Obviously you are aware that the Rec Club holds the title of the second most active, popular, and populated club on MAL!!! (Don't delude yourself into thinking otherwise.) Therefore, we're thinking of giving a chance to other great clubs to shine by affiliating ourselves with them to help each other out and make MAL great again! O_O;; Simply contact one of the aforementioned Admins or Officers and we'll get back to you as soon as we can!

> Anime of the year / season polls
YES! We used to do them and now they're collecting dust! We want to bring them back, because not everyone can track what to watch every season, so we need to know what members enjoy the most! Tell us what you think!

> Update to the Club anime & manga relations!
Considering this list was made AGES ago, we believe it may need a bit of trimming and some fresh new entries! That is why this public spreadsheet was created! Feel free to leave your feedback in the designated cells.~ Tell us what you think!

> Recruiting... MORE PEOPLE?
Heck yeah! Why not? Whether it is new members, new staff, we're open to everyone! Invite your friends and everyone you know, we'll be ready to help! However, if you want to help, you can apply for staff!! Boi (gurl), do we have work for you... As you can tell, we have a lot of work ahead of us that we will try fitting into our hobby time, so we can always use an extra hand! If you are motivated to make this place great for all anime and manga fans, you'll be very welcomed We never work alone, so don't worry, we'll be there to support you! If you want to submit your candidature, you may temporarily do so via private messaging either on here or on the Rec Club Discord. Temporarily, because we'll be building on an application form as well. /sweat

> Regular schedule for activities
The plan is to organize ourselves in order to have a somewhat regular schedule for group activities to be consistent and make it easier for our members to participate. Already, for the Discord-related activities, we try to accommodate for different time zones by hosting the events so that people will have had time to come back from work or school.

> TBD

> TBD

> TBD

The rest of the post is all yours! Recommend us what you want to see!

blobMay 15, 2019 8:45 PM

Come visit the Rec club! Everyone gets confused as to what they want to watch or read next. :T

Here is the Official Rec Club list of Recommendations!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 15, 2019 8:51 PM

Aug 2014
hello everybody! i'm excited to partake in revitalizing rec club. please consider joining our discord server as blob linked in the original post, and please leave suggestions/improvements and other feedback in the replies to this forum post :)

or, feel free to contact one of the officers/admins mentioned above if you feel more comfortable w that!

hope you all have a great day, happy recommending !!
May 15, 2019 9:02 PM

Jul 2012
When is the next Infinite Stratos simulwatch?
May 15, 2019 9:05 PM

Aug 2014
Tebls said:

hopefully never as long as jeb remains busy enough (in all likelihood though, maybe sometime this summer).
May 15, 2019 9:12 PM

Nov 2015
Tebls said:
Never because no one showing up makes the Jeb sad
May 15, 2019 9:25 PM

Jun 2016
ara ara. i cant wait for the anime of the year poll to come back lmao
"there's a difference between reaching your dreams and finding happiness"-Nana

May 15, 2019 9:45 PM
Jul 2018
Check my account. I think I may have some in all genres for you!
May 15, 2019 10:35 PM

Mar 2018
I very much wish to see anime of the year/season polls. Along with a few best girl polls for those series. At least for me, polls are fun, easy, and take next to no time to do.

Thanks for the update
My Candies 2023:
May 15, 2019 11:43 PM
Mar 2019
I just finished watching Masamune-kun, and am really depressed by the ending. Please suggest some good romcom like Golden Time.
P.S: No incest, and make sure that it has a good ending. I like stuff where the leads are already a couple. If the series has newer animation, it would be better
May 16, 2019 1:45 AM

Mar 2018
Poles are nice. Especially girls with poles. (seriously though, more polls would be nice).
May 16, 2019 5:37 AM
Apr 2016
Tebls said:

Where is the Happy Science rewatch tho
I'm the MAL inside of MAL - Check my PTW to see why.
May 16, 2019 3:59 PM

Mar 2016
Tebls said:

Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
May 16, 2019 10:11 PM
Mar 2016
ps100nr2 said:
Tebls said:

Wheres the Herpa tho :'(
May 17, 2019 5:40 AM
Apr 2016
Kapiii said:
ps100nr2 said:

Wheres the Herpa tho :'(

Now, that question shall we leave to the senate.
I'm the MAL inside of MAL - Check my PTW to see why.
May 19, 2019 8:42 AM
Mar 2019
Something like Bokura wa Minna Kawai-sou and Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, where different kinds of people live together or something really funny like Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun.

I am desperate. Please.
May 19, 2019 9:20 AM

Mar 2013
@tharoldalan
http://imgur.com/a/mkrFyRn

Come visit the Rec club! Everyone gets confused as to what they want to watch or read next. :T

Here is the Official Rec Club list of Recommendations!
May 21, 2019 12:13 AM
Mar 2019

Seems cool, though I prefer newer ones. I just started last year. Will go back to the older ones when I am out of options. I will add these to my Plan to Watch list for now.
Suggest any newer ones if possible. I'd like RomComs with a good ending as well, like in Golden time or in Toradora (I hate it when MCs don't come together). So recommend a few of those as well.
May 21, 2019 3:01 PM

Nov 2015
tharoldalan said:

Seems cool, though I prefer newer ones. I just started last year. Will go back to the older ones when I am out of options. I will add these to my Plan to Watch list for now.
Suggest any newer ones if possible. I'd like RomComs with a good ending as well, like in Golden time or in Toradora (I hate it when MCs don't come together). So recommend a few of those as well.

I can recommend a few romance/comedy/both shows that you may be interested in:

- Amagami SS
- Chobits
- Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
- High Score Girl
- Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
- Momokuri
- Net-juu no Susume
- Ore Monogatari!!
- Tsuki ga Kirei

Hope this list helps. If you need anymore, look through the other threads in the club forum or create a new thread requesting more titles.
May 22, 2019 7:58 AM
Mar 2019
@FakeNameOF

Thank you for the list, it had a few titles that i haven't yet watched.

I like stuff where the MCs get together before the anime ends and stay together for a while, like in Golden time. So please feel free to drop a few of those if you can.
Jun 2, 2019 1:13 PM

Mar 2018
Koi to Uso, ReLIFE, Kuzu no Honkai and Wotakoi. They have this generic RomCom energy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Introductions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

imperlast - Jun 14, 2010

1415 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 8:21 PM

» Mecha Manga

PlasticRobot - Feb 23

0 by PlasticRobot »»
Feb 23, 7:05 PM

» Recomend any manga and i will read it!!

Tamurax - Feb 2

2 by Fauzy_Weliady »»
Feb 5, 7:15 PM

» Guys, check my paintings - Tribute to Makoto Shinkai

mufarari - Jan 13

1 by Tamurax »»
Feb 2, 7:36 AM

» I need manga

Charizardexbb - Jan 28

0 by Charizardexbb »»
Jan 28, 6:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.