Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2018 1:32 PM

Oct 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So it ends. We didn't have a glimpse of Cuthberts. Anyway, doesn't matter. I felt that they should've left that quote of bend in the road for the finale instead of using it twice. Kind of seems they went out of material.

I was laughing when they mentioned Bert lives in their heart more and his presence is felt more after his death. That poor drunken man, he got only better to be killed off in the silliest way.

It was a good ride, I loved some characters like Egg Man and Amy Thompson.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jul 13, 2020 3:00 AM
May 2019
Hmm, this was wholesome. Watched it all in one sitting, perhaps that was much easier to do with this show because of how charismatic Anne is. Personally, I liked the first half more than the second one - but it was consistently good, fortunately. It definitely took a much darker turn in the second half and dealt with issues I certainly was not expecting on my initial viewing of this. Anyway, this was fun, hoping the seventies version is even better.
Oct 2, 2020 5:25 PM

Sep 2009
I watched the whole series for 2 days only :) That was a really good anime <3
So many tearjerking moments. Before her Uncle Bert died, there were so many hints of his death. That was really sad.
I was really happy Anne got see Egg Man and her sensei again.. I really thought Anne's going to be adopted by them but it didn't happen but I'm still happy for Anne to finally go to her father's favorite island.

Now, I'm going to watch the Sequel. :)

P.S. I really love what happened to Anne's character during her stay at the orphanage.
Apr 23, 12:38 PM
Mar 2019
In the end, Anne comes through all the hardships in her life, and, still looks for the good in everyone.
Even though this is based on a book written 100 Years later, it does a good job of telling how (possibly) Anne's life started out.
On to Avonlea with dreams of better things.
May 8, 2:32 AM
Jan 2021
Really strong ending and fantastic overall. I watched it by release not chronologically still didnt seem to hurt my watching experience. Not sure if i would of liked it more chronologically

More topics from this board

Poll: » Konnichiwa Anne: Before Green Gables Episode 32 Discussion

Iizy - Mar 22, 2018

1 by passing_through »»
Nov 13, 2023 8:42 AM

Poll: » Konnichiwa Anne: Before Green Gables Episode 30 Discussion

Iizy - Mar 17, 2018

1 by passing_through »»
Nov 12, 2023 6:13 AM

Poll: » Konnichiwa Anne: Before Green Gables Episode 26 Discussion

Iizy - Mar 9, 2018

1 by passing_through »»
Nov 11, 2023 9:01 PM

Poll: » Konnichiwa Anne: Before Green Gables Episode 25 Discussion

Iizy - Feb 12, 2018

1 by passing_through »»
Nov 11, 2023 8:33 PM

Poll: » Konnichiwa Anne: Before Green Gables Episode 24 Discussion

Iizy - Feb 11, 2018

2 by passing_through »»
Nov 11, 2023 8:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.