Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2018 9:51 PM

Sep 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yeah...this was just bad. I mean it had some potential. The plot was fairly decent but the execution was just not good. I could see this show being remade today with some tender loving care and the result might be really good.

5/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 9, 2019 3:38 AM

Dec 2008
This was a bad ass, slightly futuristic story ( even in the 1990s, the computer stuff was a tad advanced and sci fi at the time).
Still it was funny to see that same exact zooming/enhancing tech that was in the Blade Runner film back in the 1980s. And the whole "Scam buddhist temple" thing as a cover for a hacker to make some cash. IT was all cool. Even if a little dated, it deserves a 7/10 for entertainment. AND A HORNDOG MONK! ROFLOLMFAO! ^~^ I can see how something like this set the pace for genre gems like Cowboy Bebop. Both are techno punk as hell, and cool as can be with the mix of music used. Immersive "Diving" Tech, Brainwashing, DATA OVERDOSING! CYBER CORPORATE WARFARE! SO much has been foretold, and more is yet to come.
Jul 22, 2019 6:26 PM

Sep 2018
Sure this isn't a mind blowing life changing anime, but it's a fun little light hearted story. I enjoyed it.
6/10
Oct 9, 2019 7:00 PM

Aug 2018
I submitted an edit for the source from "original" to "game." Here's a link with info on the Down Load videogames http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/download/
May 29, 2021 6:13 AM

Aug 2017
Third Rintaro's work in a row for me, and all of them have jazz/blues music.

Also pleased with the expressive character animation. Kanada is great.
Jul 20, 2021 7:28 PM
Jul 2021
When 4chan/MAL types watch a Rintaro anime and have these reactions I just wonder "are we watching the same thing"
Sep 17, 2022 2:26 AM
Jan 2019
Cyberpunk story with Country Music?
I did not expect it, but i think now that it's the best music choice for the genre!

And i did love the story as in the scene direction. I haven't seen this kind of stuff in modern anime.
I do love old anime for taking their time in immersing viewer into the world, and then starting the plot halfway through.
Jun 17, 2023 4:54 PM

Oct 2018
I haven't much dived not Rintaro's catalogue so not much familiar with his style neither am familiar with the team he works with. I like how the OVA starts and introduces things but by the end, it ends up as a typical anime for its time period. Moves all the time too with the last 12 minutes or so (actually 9, cause the remining 3 mins are ED credits) being full of Yoshinori Kanada KA, would love to see it getting a remaster from Discotek. A fun time for sure.

I could see this show being remade today with some tender loving care and the result might be really good.

Huh OP really said this, as if anybody can put more care than Kanada himself did.
Aug 29, 2023 5:08 PM

Jun 2010
Much, much too long for the story it has to tell. If the point was the fun fantasy-hacker action and Mad Max pastchie then it didn't need to take 35 minutes to get there.
Dec 19, 2023 4:44 AM

Dec 2012
Dat Engrish counting.
A guy is downloading something.
Dem images. I see nipple.
Suzie Wong.
Damn. What a body.
His name is Angel.
Oh no! Truck-kun!
He got hit!
A girl. She's cute.
Shidou.
Dat booty spank!
Damn. Dat slam to the wall. Yoko oppai popping.

What a great watch. Happy 31st anniversary to Download! This is the 90's content I miss. Cultured. Shidou just spanking Yoko's butt and pinning her to the wall with the double Kabedon (while putting his leg between hers for that intimacy). It's very clear Yoko likes Shidou and they have a history of these situations, but just aren't dating since Shidou so easily was trying to get with Namiho. Speaking of Namiho... what a body. Before Shidou revealed her true name as "Fujiko", the dinner scene before with them reminded me of Lupin and Fujiko. So when I heard her true name, I figured it would be a Lupin and Fujiko relationship. Namiho knocking Shidou out and stealing the data was a Fujiko move. She's a true Fujiko. Funny enough, her seiyuu did voice Fujiko. This isn't a coincidence. While Namiho has an amazing body, I much prefer Shidou with Yoko. Yoko is cute and has a nice body. Back to Shidou, he's the kind of MC I like. I wouldn't be surprised if a certain Inuyasha character was inspired by him. Shidou's true identity was a surprise and made him more awesome once that transformation scene started. I wouldn't be surprised if its red due to Akira. I did not expect High-speed Motorcycle Action for the rest of the movie. That was awesome. Shidou is badass. I really didn't expect to see that chain mail stuff being in this movie. I haven't seen that in like a decade. Funny to see it way back in '92. The 80's and 90's always provided the best futuristic setting. The vibes don't hit the same after that. Hand drawn is the best. It was awesome to see Blues Brothers in this movie. Also, the music was great. Also Also, I noticed in the End credits, Yoko and Pinky looked rather close even though the story portrays her liking Shidou. I tried to interpret it explaining how Yoko came along with them. I don't know.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.