Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 10, 2018 12:59 PM

Sep 2014
in one of the scenes, you can see this

in battle robot's point of view
it's on the screen just for a second or so, but I caught a polish word and had to stop and see

Andrzej Żuławski is a polish director and Trzecia Część Nocy (The Third Part of the Night) is a movie of his
seems completely random, I wonder if the animator put it in there because he were a fan (sorta unlikely) or just typed whatever he saw just to have random latin letters
Jun 22, 2019 7:24 PM
Dec 2016
Interesting find.
Jul 22, 2019 8:47 PM

Sep 2018
Imaishi said:
in one of the scenes, you can see this

in battle robot's point of view
it's on the screen just for a second or so, but I caught a polish word and had to stop and see

Andrzej Żuławski is a polish director and Trzecia Część Nocy (The Third Part of the Night) is a movie of his
seems completely random, I wonder if the animator put it in there because he were a fan (sorta unlikely) or just typed whatever he saw just to have random latin letters

I don't know why it would be unlikely that the people involved in an anime would be fans of a work by a well known polish director. Western influences aren't uncommon in anime.
Jul 22, 2019 9:14 PM
Jul 23, 2019 3:29 PM

Sep 2018

Yes, in my OVA Quest I've found anime with text on computers that is actually things that range from car manuals, to the readme file to the animation software they use, to the text for well known speech exercises that actors and sound testers use.
That being said though, usually when something that's actually a reference to another piece of media is inserted it's done so because the maker likes it. Especially in a case like this when it's only listing one thing, if it was say a list of several movies though I would file it under random cut and paste anime text though.
KristiwazhereJul 23, 2019 3:40 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » DNA² OVA Episode 3 Discussion

choyos - May 18, 2011

17 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 6, 2023 10:43 PM

Poll: » DNA² OVA Episode 2 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - May 1, 2014

1 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 6, 2023 10:08 PM

Poll: » DNA² OVA Episode 1 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - May 1, 2014

4 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 6, 2023 9:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.