Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 25, 2017 5:56 PM
Jun 2017
Hey all, I have a few questions about the Berserk movies and couldn't find what I was looking for on google. I've only ever seen the movies and never plan on watching the anime (because i can't get past how bad it looks). I don't like reading manga either (sorry to the manga people but I don't want to read it. Period.) Anyways, thanks in advance.

#1) Why did Griffith become whatever he was at the end of the third movie? Also, why did he rape that girl? Was there any point in it or was it just to show how evil he's become?

#2) What was up with griffiths necklace? With all those eyes and creepy vibes, I was sure it was demon related.

#3) Who were those 3 demons at the end? I'm assuming that they are the ones who make Griffith a demon as well.

#4) When Guts escaped at the end, who was that guy on the horse? Did he give Guts any special powers or send him on a mission?

I can't think of anymore but I'm sure you Berserk fans will let me know.

P.s I'll probably watch the series if they ever remake all of it. I'm assuming that if they ever do, it's going to be a long time from now. So I'm okay with spoilers.
Jun 25, 2017 6:03 PM

Jan 2016
1 : He was resurrected as Femto with Guts and Casca's sacrifice, He wanted some of that Casca pussy.

2 : That's the Behelit I think, it goes with your vibe.It was all bloody and shit cause Griffith was basically dead inside.

3 : The God Hand

4 : Skull Night, He just saved him I believe.
Jun 25, 2017 6:04 PM
Feb 2016
These questions make it seem like you didn't even watch the movie trilogy or anime, did you even pay attention when you were watching?

Also read the manga
Jun 25, 2017 6:06 PM

Jun 2015
MadvillainyFag said:
1 : He was resurrected as Femto with Guts and Casca's sacrifice, He wanted some of that Casca pussy.

2 : That's the Behelit I think, it goes with your vibe.It was all bloody and shit cause Griffith was basically dead inside.

This guy says it all. Honestly, just read the manga. They have pretty pictures, it's not so bad.
Jun 25, 2017 6:30 PM

Jun 2014
WreckTangle said:
if they ever remake all of it. I'm assuming that if they ever do, it's going to be a long time from now.

yeeaaaahhhh i dont think Berserk is going to get a fourth chance any time soon either.
m-i-c-h-a-e-lJun 25, 2017 9:33 PM
Jun 25, 2017 6:48 PM
Jun 2017
Kaziki said:
These questions make it seem like you didn't even watch the movie trilogy or anime, did you even pay attention when you were watching?

Also read the manga
The movie didn't explain any of that. I already said I wasn't watching the anime and what don't you understand about "period."?
Jun 25, 2017 6:57 PM

Dec 2012
MadvillainyFag said:

That and he's got a mancrush on Guts and was jealous, so he did that to piss Guts off.
KruszerJun 25, 2017 7:01 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jun 25, 2017 7:11 PM
Feb 2016
WreckTangle said:
Kaziki said:

Also read the manga
The movie didn't explain any of that. I already said I wasn't watching the anime and what don't you understand about "period."?

Okay but did you consider reading the manga?

Lmao the anime and movie trilogy is just the beginning of Berserk's story, they are only 10% of Berserk's story and what it has to offer i'd like to think of it as an introduction to Berserk since people don't want to get into a manga that's 350+ chapters long and publishing they always think "How am i gonna read all of that" or that sort of thing, Berserk's manga has so much more to tell so if you don't intend to read the manga then you should not have gotten into Berserk AT ALL.
Jun 25, 2017 7:47 PM
Jun 2017
Kaziki said:
WreckTangle said:

Lmao the anime and movie trilogy is just the beginning of Berserk's story, they are only 10% of Berserk's story and what it has to offer i'd like to think of it as an introduction to Berserk since people don't want to get into a manga that's 350+ chapters long and publishing they always think "How am i gonna read all of that" or that sort of thing, Berserk's manga has so much more to tell so if you don't intend to read the manga then you should not have gotten into Berserk AT ALL.
Okay, but how could anyone know what they are getting into when you see a random movie on Netflix. If one day I read the manga then that'll be that. As for today, I will not be reading the manga. Did you even read the post? Your asking questions that were already answered. "Consider reading the manga?" I wouldn't have brought it up if I didn't consider it. If your as big of a fan of Berserk as it seems, then, you should be glad someone's taking a interest, instead of making yourself out as a asshole..
Jun 25, 2017 7:49 PM
Jun 2017
Kruszer said:
MadvillainyFag said:

That and he's got a mancrush on Guts and was jealous, so he did that to piss Guts off.
So Griffith is gay for Guts? Or just a friend complex? Lol
Jun 25, 2017 7:50 PM
Jun 2017
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
WreckTangle said:
if they ever remake all of it. I'm assuming that if they ever do, it's going to be a long time from now.

yeeaaaahhhh i dont think Berserk is going to get a fourth change any time soon either.
Isn't Berserk supposed to be a real but title in Japan? Seems like they would make one of the greatest adaptations for it. I don't understand why it looks so bad
Jun 25, 2017 7:52 PM
Jun 2017
MadvillainyFag said:

So Griffith is actually dead? And those guys were angels?
Jun 25, 2017 8:00 PM

Jul 2014
This has got to be a bait thread but I'll bite. Literally all your questions would be answered if you read the manga, or watched the original anime (except #4). As for actually answering your questions, I'll let others do that.
I do hope you someday reconsider watching the original anime or better yet, reading the manga, since both versions trump the movies and recent remakes any day of the week (imo ofc)
Jun 25, 2017 8:03 PM
Feb 2016
WreckTangle said:
Kaziki said:

Okay, but how could anyone know what they are getting into when you see a random movie on Netflix. If one day I read the manga then that'll be that. As for today, I will not be reading the manga. Did you even read the post? Your asking questions that were already answered. "Consider reading the manga?" I wouldn't have brought it up if I didn't consider it. If your as big of a fan of Berserk as it seems, then, you should be glad someone's taking a interest, instead of making yourself out as a asshole..

Then your choice for now is to watch the 1997 anime, it's more detailed telling of the golden age arc, it skips and removes few things but you already saw the movies so you should know what these things are when you watch it, avoid Berserk 2016/2017 anime AT ALL COST, they are extremely awful they completely butchered the manga, you would not regret reading the manga, it's becoming popular in the west and it's the #1 manga on MAL for a reason
Jun 25, 2017 8:08 PM

Sep 2015
WreckTangle said:
Hey all, I have a few questions about the Berserk movies and couldn't find what I was looking for on google. I've only ever seen the movies and never plan on watching the anime (because i can't get past how bad it looks). I don't like reading manga either (sorry to the manga people but I don't want to read it. Period.) Anyways, thanks in advance.

#1) Why did Griffith become whatever he was at the end of the third movie? Also, why did he rape that girl? Was there any point in it or was it just to show how evil he's become?

#2) What was up with griffiths necklace? With all those eyes and creepy vibes, I was sure it was demon related.

#3) Who were those 3 demons at the end? I'm assuming that they are the ones who make Griffith a demon as well.

#4) When Guts escaped at the end, who was that guy on the horse? Did he give Guts any special powers or send him on a mission?

I can't think of anymore but I'm sure you Berserk fans will let me know.

P.s I'll probably watch the series if they ever remake all of it. I'm assuming that if they ever do, it's going to be a long time from now. So I'm okay with spoilers.
#1 Griffith became a powerful demon because of his ambition to become king, something that I'm pretty sure was emphasised greatly in the 2nd movie I believe. And he rapes Casca because... well that's complicated. Basically I think it's because he hated Guts at this point and wanted to say "fuck you" in one of the worst ways imaginable. Someone feel free to correct me here if I'm wrong.

#2 Griffith's necklace, the Behelit, is basically a portal to the demon world. It summons the God Hand at which point you are offered a wish. In return you must sacrifice something VERY precious to you. In Griffith's case he wanted the power to become king, so he sacrificed the Band of the Hawk.

#3 The God Hand.

#4 That is the Skull Knight and yes he will help Guts in the future.

Jun 25, 2017 8:10 PM

Jan 2016
WreckTangle said:
MadvillainyFag said:

No he's not I guess resurrected was a wrong choice of words, basically by becoming Femto he got a second chance at life since he was all fucked up.Yes pretty much they are gods(angels) hence the name God Hand, Griffith Became one of them during the eclipse.
Jun 25, 2017 8:51 PM

Dec 2012
WreckTangle said:
Kruszer said:

So Griffith is gay for Guts? Or just a friend complex? Lol

That's just the vibe I get from the show's undertones, I don't know if it's fact.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jun 25, 2017 9:07 PM

Nov 2012
Wait, you wouldn't watch the original Berserk series "because of how bad it looks," but could watch the absolutely trashy CG that was the Berserk movies?

Son, you may need to get your eyes checked for a pair of glasses, then try watching it again.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
Jun 25, 2017 9:07 PM
Jun 2017
MadvillainyFag said:
WreckTangle said:
No he's not I guess resurrected was a wrong choice of words, basically by becoming Femto he got a second chance at life since he was all fucked up.Yes pretty much they are gods(angels) hence the name God Hand, Griffith Became one of them during the eclipse.
Ah okay, so in this anime, this angels are the bad guys?
Jun 25, 2017 9:08 PM
Jun 2017
OmegaSiets said:
Wait, you wouldn't watch the original Berserk series "because of how bad it looks," but could watch the absolutely trashy CG that was the Berserk movies?

Son, you may need to get your eyes checked for a pair of glasses, then try watching it again.
The movies look better than the original anime and the 2016/17 look worse than the anime. Try not to insult random people
Jun 25, 2017 9:12 PM

Nov 2012
WreckTangle said:
OmegaSiets said:

The movies look better than the original anime and the 2016/17 look worse than the anime. Try not to insult random people

>The movies.
>Look better than the original anime.

kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
Jun 25, 2017 10:07 PM

Jan 2013
The original anime doesn't look bad, I guess you didn't even try. Movies look like shit.
You won't get clear answers unless you read the manga anyways, but the old anime explains (hints) #1 and #2 better.

PS. http://www.angelfire.com/nj/niniane/animeessays.html
fuyukiJun 25, 2017 10:21 PM
Jun 25, 2017 10:16 PM

Jun 2015
Stop being such a pussy and watch the original anime, or read the manga. Watch the original series first.
Jun 25, 2017 10:23 PM

Dec 2015
#1.Because becoming Femto was the only way he could fulfill his dream of reaching the top. He raped Casca to get back on Guts and also because he was jealous and a selfish bastard.

#2.The necklace is called Behelit, it acts as a gate between the plane you saw at the end, where the God Hand appeared. In the manga there are instances where humans use the Behelit to obtain power but have to pay a price for that power, like Griffith who sacrificed his friends and comrades.

#3.They're 4 actually, they're called the God Hand. They're very powerful being, it's unclear whether they actually save some sort of God or not.

#4.The Skull Knight, he has a past with Nosferatu Zodd and the God Hand. He only saves Guts and gives him a push to continue his journey. You could think of him as someone who opposes the God Hand and is a "good" guy.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 25, 2017 10:42 PM
Jun 2017
joe_g7 said:
#1.Because becoming Femto was the only way he could fulfill his dream of reaching the top. He raped Casca to get back on Guts and also because he was jealous and a selfish bastard.

#2.The necklace is called Behelit, it acts as a gate between the plane you saw at the end, where the God Hand appeared. In the manga there are instances where humans use the Behelit to obtain power but have to pay a price for that power, like Griffith who sacrificed his friends and comrades.

#3.They're 4 actually, they're called the God Hand. They're very powerful being, it's unclear whether they actually save some sort of God or not.

#4.The Skull Knight, he has a past with Nosferatu Zodd and the God Hand. He only saves Guts and gives him a push to continue his journey. You could think of him as someone who opposes the God Hand and is a "good" guy.
Thanks for the help man! I really appreciate it
Jun 26, 2017 2:51 AM
Jan 2017
1. Griffith was destined to become a god hand.He was reincarnated as femto in order to achieve his dream (To have his own kingdom).Why did he rape casca?It was like a big fuck you to guts.Unlike any other character in the story, guts was the only one who made griffith forget his own dream.Not that it was guts' fault, but griffith wouldn't have gone into a trauma if guts hadn't left.Guts skewered the vision of griffith's dream.
2.It's called behelit.Unlike any ordinary behelit, the crimson behelit is special and can be used by one to summon the god hands.
3.They were the god hands.Not much is known about them even in the manga.They have the power to warp reality itself.Read the manga you'll get to know more about them.
4. His name is skull knight, his character was cut-off in the original anime.
Read the manga, every question will be answered there ;)
Jun 26, 2017 4:08 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Ougon Jidaihen III: Kourin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Mich666 - May 12, 2013

210 by BorednSpicy »»
Oct 14, 2023 7:50 PM

» Guts and Jaime Lannister

Deeboy - Dec 10, 2018

2 by Dannyr22 »»
Mar 26, 2023 8:17 AM

» Berserk Ougon Jidai-hen III kourin l what chapters are in the movie?

NAYANAYANAYA - Mar 14, 2023

1 by AndroidLB »»
Mar 14, 2023 10:35 AM

» Why so much hate for the berserk movies ?

EndritVA - May 14, 2014

19 by DriveTG »»
Jul 28, 2022 12:33 PM

» I know why this movie exists

WhyIsGutsSoAweso - May 15, 2021

7 by WhyIsGutsSoAweso »»
May 16, 2021 9:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.