Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 21, 2017 9:20 PM
Oct 2012
Goal: take the minimum facts an animation gives you and flush out the character.

An example:

Saori from Girls und Panzer:
Facts: obsessed with looking for a boyfriend, father dotes on her, the old men in the town love her, she can cook.

Backstory: Saori's mother died at a young age, forcing Saori, the oldest daughter to be the one to take care of both the father and her younger siblings. This is why she wants a "boyfriend" to dote on her. Her parenting skills makes her attractive to her kohais. Her father runs a small restaurant at which Saori works as a waitress, this is why she can both cook and why the local old men like her. It is also why she is protective of her friends.

This is why while she is highly competent, but dreams about someone to take care of her.

Apr 21, 2017 9:45 PM
Jul 2018
Jasminka Antonenko

A friendly and laid-back Luna Nova witch student from Russia who has a passion for food and is always seen snacking on something, even during classes.

the fact she's from russia makes it pretty self-explanatory. she knows what the hard life was like, so she's happy just to munch on snacks all day. it's also the reason she's reliable and gets the job done when it's seemingly impossible.
Apr 22, 2017 3:57 AM
Apr 2017
I want to know how to create my own back story?
Apr 22, 2017 4:55 AM

Mar 2012
Wolfram von Bielefeld

Facts: The youngest son of the previous demon queen, tsundere, proud, gay

Backstory: Being born after his mother was crowned as the demon queen, he was spoiled in every possible way by everyone around specially by his mother, brothers and uncle. Raised as a prince he got everything he demanded for and as a result started to think that the world revolves around him. He started hating his second brother who was a half human who always took care of him ever since he was little just because his father was human and he had "filthy" human blood flowing in his veins but he always obeyed and respected his oldest brother for being a pure demon. Being fondled by women, specially his mother who is considered to be the prettiest in the kingdom he lost interest in women and became gay. When his mother stepped down the throne, he insisted on his oldest brother to be made the next Demon King instead of the legitimate new king chosen by the Great One because this new king was a half human just like his second brother so his demon pride wouldn't allow him to obey the orders given out by a person whom he considered filthy. He was defeated by the new king in order to prove himself but being a proud demon and a tsundere he couldn't accept his defeat and even resorted to using foul means to win injuring an innocent girl in the process. After being taught a good lesson by the new king Wolfram completely fell in love with the person who defeated him. From then on, he began to abuse the new king in every way possible both physically and verbally because that's the only way a proud obnoxious selfish gay tsundere can show his affection for his loved one who claims to be straight and has no intentions of marrying another guy.

Wait, 90% of that is actually true though.
Apr 22, 2017 4:57 AM

Aug 2014
I've created my own backstory living my life. I hope I did a good job.
Apr 22, 2017 5:09 AM

Mar 2015
Levi Ackerman

Facts: clean freak, Anger Issues, Swaglord, always bitchy.

Backstory: Before titans came and starting destroying humanity, Levi was a thug. He always liked his thug because it had swag but that wasn't the only thing he wanted. He had a dream to become harem king but it got shattered when titans started coming. His only choice was to become Soldier and kill the titans so he can achieve his dream. No wonder he had anger issues and bitchy attitude towards everyone. The reason why he's so powerful against titans explains itself. If only titans had not came, Attack on titan would have been such amazing anime. Edgylord2k17
dont't watch that anime if you are going to give it 1* and cry 10000 words in review about it.

More topics from this board

» Do you enjoy talking about anime you dislike?

Catalano - May 3

39 by DesuMaiden »»
2 minutes ago

» How would you describe modern mainstream anime?

RobertBobert - 7 hours ago

46 by tchitchouan »»
2 minutes ago

» show me your anime 3x3

707supremacist - 3 minutes ago

0 by 707supremacist »»
3 minutes ago

» who was your first/best anime waifu?

Coldsp33d - 8 hours ago

22 by tchitchouan »»
4 minutes ago

» What Will It Take for You to Quit Anime? ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Yesterday

57 by notPara »»
4 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.