Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2017 2:07 PM

Apr 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Can we have a round of applause for worst parents in an anime for a family film. Wow what a mother. "Sorry I couldn't be fucked calling on Christmas eve to say I'm not turning up, oh and by the way your father and me are splitting up!"
And the father wasn't much better.
Ok I didn't want to turn this into some mad rant against the parents(shush, I know I failed)
but my god they were just awful people! I did like the two main characters, I did think at the end that Junkers would leave or even die. But I see he turned into a normal dog (sort of) instead.

Overall it was a pleasant little film that was well worth watching. 7/10
Dec 23, 2018 2:29 PM

Oct 2015
I guess this movie's message is that 'consider your child's feelings before deciding to divorce or split'.

That means they're are going to live as a family in San Francisco, what about Fumie, and no I'm not talking about her love life( the way they have) but her job? Although she seemed to have moved on in crushing over Keisuke and on to the newspaper guy, she moves fast.

As for Junkers, he doesn't talk anymore what a bummer. I think he talked because he had those powers, but because he lost them, his ability to talk faded also. Hiromi doesn't believe she did, but the traffic lady did hear him, so I would say she's the evidence.

Good heartwarming story that warns parents against their selfishness.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 15, 2021 3:10 PM

Feb 2020
Great film with a incredible message and wonderful music. Protagonist is so likeable that its almost unbelievable. Now this is what should be called a actual Christmas movie. Overall, really underrated and rare find for me. it hooked me in instantly.
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jun 1, 2022 1:29 PM

Nov 2016
Fumie really thinking she got a shot just because she can bake some delicious apple pie xD

The dialogue Hiromi had with her friend at the beginning. Her friend was complaining that she's always unhappy, especially when other people in her family become the center of attention. It hit different after finishing the movie.

"There are lots of people out there that are a lot more unhappy"

Hiromi would know. It's ironic that she was neglected by her parents and that became borderline depressed when she learned about Keisuke's marriage plans. She had to put up with a rather cold treatment from her parents and was expected to deal with a divorce on top, all that while trying to act strong.

The dream sequence got me and when Junker stopped talking...uff

If you disregard the supernatural element it's a pretty down to earth sol drama. Really enjoyed it. 7/10

P.S. I know other people heard Junkers, but my headcanon is that Hiromi merely imagined him talking to cope with her loneliness.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

More topics from this board

» So what did you think of the movie?

Retro8bit - Apr 7, 2009

12 by removed-user »»
Aug 23, 2018 3:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.