Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 30, 2016 3:49 AM

Oct 2016
I'm currently watching the anime series 'Magi:' and I've come to like the concept of enrolling at a magic school. Sure, Aladdin from Magi: is an actual magi which only 3 can exist at a time in the world (Making him extremely strong) - but I don't mind if the MC for the anime I'm asking for isn't anything special. I mean, the MC IS supposed to be special, otherwise why would anyone be telling a story about him? *And yes, I only want a male MC.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2016 4:18 AM
Oct 2016
Adriannne said:
I'm currently watching the anime series 'Magi:' and I've come to like the concept of enrolling at a magic school. Sure, Aladdin from Magi: is an actual magi which only 3 can exist at a time in the world (Making him extremely strong) - but I don't mind if the MC for the anime I'm asking for isn't anything special. I mean, the MC IS supposed to be special, otherwise why would anyone be telling a story about him? *And yes, I only want a male MC.

One of my favourite genres:

Mahouka koukou no Rettousei (the best ever)
Rakudai kishi no cavalry
Trinity Seven
Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica
Charlotte

These are the ones i can think off from the top of my head, but watch all of them. All the MC's are special and OP, and its in an academy setting.

Enjoy
Dec 30, 2016 12:50 PM

May 2012
Mahoutsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ("Someday's Dreamers")

It seems like I'm the only one who ever recommends this show, but it's the best one I've seen in the genre. What sets it apart is its emphasis on the ethics of magic casting. Having great powers brings great responsibilities which most shows gloss over. Not this one.

These issues arise a bit in Mahou Shoujotai Arusu as well. though strictly speaking it doesn't take place in a magic "school."

The OVA Little Witch Academia is much more light-hearted. A full-length series is coming in 2017.

More topics from this board

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Apr 22

25 by Rorertiy »»
14 minutes ago

» Anime that shows brother and sister bathing together?

Gfralp - 1 hour ago

2 by nishant0 »»
23 minutes ago

» Anime/Manga that revolves around Rain Theem

BroDa2545 - Yesterday

4 by JoeChip »»
35 minutes ago

» Pls recommend manga with awesome art-style and story, not restricted to any genre. Any hidden gems. I really liked dorohedoro, summer time renderer, koe no katachi, nana to kaoru, donten prism solar car and eye shield 21, to name a few.

Losvayne - Yesterday

12 by SleepingBear »»
6 hours ago

» What are your thought on Ecchi anime?

RedTea33 - Yesterday

7 by Zarutaku »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.