Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 27, 2016 7:31 AM

Aug 2010
My only problem with sport anime is that I always end up hyped up about the sports the characters are playing. This is really bad for my budget as I constantly buy sport equipments for various sports and rarely use them. It wasn't that bad with baseball and ping pong where I only bought bats for each respectively and balls of course, neither for volleyball where I picked up voleyball practice at Uni.
My biggest problem is with Pedal. I have a pretty good bike myself albeit it's a mountain bike. And you might know that a road racer is a pretty expensive thing worldwide.
Should I seek medical assistance with my money handling problems?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 27, 2016 7:43 AM

Jul 2016
Honestly, whenever I get hyped up for sports anime it motivates me so much. Then I realised I already do like four sports and it pains me because I want to play volleyball wiTH MY ANIME BOYFS BUT IC AN'T

Sorry, I got ahead of myself. Anyway, I understand and feel your pain on a spiritual level.
Dec 27, 2016 7:47 AM

Oct 2013
so when you watched Keijo did that make you consider paying for a sex change just so you could play the sport also?
Dec 27, 2016 7:57 AM

Aug 2010
Deknijff said:
so when you watched Keijo did that make you consider paying for a sex change just so you could play the sport also?

Pff I'm a weeboo you can guess from that haha
Dec 27, 2016 7:58 AM

Aug 2010
cybernafisa said:
Honestly, whenever I get hyped up for sports anime it motivates me so much. Then I realised I already do like four sports and it pains me because I want to play volleyball wiTH MY ANIME BOYFS BUT IC AN'T

Sorry, I got ahead of myself. Anyway, I understand and feel your pain on a spiritual level.

Thanks haha. I've actually been running competitively (sort of) but it's just too damn boring and simple compared to any other sport. I think that's why I'm swayed so easily.
Dec 27, 2016 7:59 AM

Oct 2013
oryouohagi said:
Deknijff said:
Im terrible at guessing so I would really appreciate a yes or no
Dec 27, 2016 8:18 AM

Aug 2010
Deknijff said:
oryouohagi said:

A weeboo can only be a guy so I can't change my sex without losing my weeboo self is my point haha
Dec 27, 2016 8:19 AM

Jan 2015
As long as you are not do "sport" with your sister or any other underage kids, I guess it's fine tbh

la critique de l'intention pure
Dec 27, 2016 8:19 AM

Aug 2010
Mundt73 said:
Whatever you do, don't watch Initial D then.
I can tell you from personal experience there are few sports more expensive than motorsports.

Thanks for the advice, didn't plan on watching that show though. It wouldn't have any effect on me, I'm all about enviroment friendliness so I would never buy a car like that honestly
Dec 27, 2016 8:20 AM

Aug 2010
jeanseberg said:
As long as you are not do "sport" with your sister or any other underage kids, I guess it's fine tbh

Why does it always come to little kids when I'm talking with fellow anime fans. Can't put my friend around it haha
Dec 27, 2016 8:23 AM

Oct 2013
oryouohagi said:
Deknijff said:
A weeboo can only be a guy so I can't change my sex without losing my weeboo self is my point haha
didn't know there was a gender gap of some kind when it comes to the term weeboo
Dec 27, 2016 8:25 AM

Jan 2016
This reminded me of two guys i knew that were really into Hajime no Ippo and they used to practice the moves in the show on each other. One of them was actually KO'ed for a couple of seconds by a chin punch, i shit you not. I don't know what's worse - spending money on stuff that you don't use or getting hurt.
Dec 27, 2016 8:29 AM

Jul 2016
oryouohagi said:
cybernafisa said:

Thanks haha. I've actually been running competitively (sort of) but it's just too damn boring and simple compared to any other sport. I think that's why I'm swayed so easily.

Yeahh, I'm a competitive cross country runner myself. I also play field hockey and do dance, if I didn't do sports I would be so out of shape. It can be pretty boring if you aren't invested, you could always do extracurriculars if you're still in school to try stuff out.
Dec 27, 2016 8:35 AM

May 2016
mereutaghrg said:
This reminded me of two guys i knew that were really into Hajime no Ippo and they used to practice the moves in the show on each other. One of them was actually KO'ed for a couple of seconds by a chin punch, i shit you not. I don't know what's worse - spending money on stuff that you don't use or getting hurt.

Sounds fuckin' awesome, if you ask me. You can bet your entire life savings the Dempsey Roll would've been the first thing I tried.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Dec 27, 2016 8:43 AM

Aug 2010
Deknijff said:
oryouohagi said:
didn't know there was a gender gap of some kind when it comes to the term weeboo

You know the rule. There are no girls on the interwebz
Dec 27, 2016 8:44 AM

Aug 2010
mereutaghrg said:

I'll raise you this: I got knocked out by a baseball ball hitting my forehead, and I almost knocked someone out by force serving a volleyball right to his testicles. With sports come injuries
Dec 27, 2016 8:44 AM

Jun 2008
Everytime i watch Haikyuu i want to start playing volleyball.
But then i remember that i don't like sports irl.
Dec 27, 2016 8:46 AM

Aug 2014
You should probably save up your money so you can buy more expensive sports equipment.
Dec 27, 2016 8:47 AM

Aug 2010
cybernafisa said:
oryouohagi said:

Yeahh, I'm a competitive cross country runner myself. I also play field hockey and do dance, if I didn't do sports I would be so out of shape. It can be pretty boring if you aren't invested, you could always do extracurriculars if you're still in school to try stuff out.

It's a bit different for me because I go to Uni and there are only two semesters of free sports not including some extreme sports like skydiving. They also raised the prices I'd have to pay in orther to participate in extra sports lessons (besides the two free semester ones) so I'm in a bind. I'll just bring my mountain bike to the city I'm studying in and commute by that. Also in my dormitory you can use the gym for almost no money (compared to other gyms)
Dec 27, 2016 8:49 AM

Aug 2010
Chibi-Alice said:
Everytime i watch Haikyuu i want to start playing volleyball.
But then i remember that i don't like sports irl.

It's raeally fun once you try doing it trust me. You don't have to be extremely sporty to be good at it, it's more like a game of brains. You won't sweat near as much as in the anime either that's just too much haha.
Dec 27, 2016 8:51 AM

Feb 2014
What's the point of having a ping pong bat and ball set if you don't have friends to play it with a ping pong table?

Or did you also buy a table? Because that would be kinda intense.
Dec 27, 2016 8:52 AM

Aug 2010
demonskul777 said:
You should probably save up your money so you can buy more expensive sports equipment.

I'm secretely saving up for a road racer to be honest haha
Dec 27, 2016 8:54 AM

Aug 2010
Lemon said:
What's the point of having a ping pong bat and ball set if you don't have friends to play it with a ping pong table?

Or did you also buy a table? Because that would be kinda intense.

I live in a dormitory and it has a ping pong table haha. And I don't know if you'll believe me I have plenty of friends to challenge in ping-pong. It would be just too sad to play it without a table and friends
Dec 27, 2016 9:05 AM

Mar 2016
Medical assistance no, but it does sound like you could do with some budgeting improvement. Unless you have a stable income that can pay for necessities and sports equipment anyway. I'm glad sports anime don't have that effect on me, I'm already broke lol.

There are plenty of female weeabos by the way.
Dec 27, 2016 9:08 AM

Aug 2010
Rellexia said:
Medical assistance no, but it does sound like you could do with some budgeting improvement. Unless you have a stable income that can pay for necessities and sports equipment anyway. I'm glad sports anime don't have that effect on me, I'm already broke lol.

The problem is that I'm really good at saving up my money which I get from scholarship, but in my weak times I end up ordering stuff from the interwebz. It's just too easy...
Dec 27, 2016 9:11 AM

Mar 2016
oryouohagi said:
Rellexia said:

The problem is that I'm really good at saving up my money which I get from scholarship, but in my weak times I end up ordering stuff from the interwebz. It's just too easy...

Everything I order online generally has to pass the "how much am I really going to use/enjoy this?" test...most things pass that lol. Unfortunately saving up doesn't really matter unless it goes to an emergency or to its original goal. I should get myself one of those scholarships.
Dec 27, 2016 9:12 AM

May 2012
As long as you are using the extra from your budget i.e. the Total Income - Savings - Necessities - Daily Ration, seeking a doctor is not necessary
Fancy Quote
Anime isn't Life
But what's Life without some Anime, NEEEEEEE!!!!!
Dec 27, 2016 9:29 AM

Aug 2010
Rellexia said:
oryouohagi said:

Everything I order online generally has to pass the "how much am I really going to use/enjoy this?" test...most things pass that lol. Unfortunately saving up doesn't really matter unless it goes to an emergency or to its original goal. I should get myself one of those scholarships.

Well obviously I can't think rationally after watching an anime of that caliber haha. Well it's convinient I just have to study and I get loads of money.
Dec 27, 2016 9:30 AM

Aug 2010
TheFlowingStream said:
As long as you are using the extra from your budget i.e. the Total Income - Savings - Necessities - Daily Ration, seeking a doctor is not necessary

Of course I have my neccessities more than covered and only use the remaining funds and yes I always have spare money if a storm comes. Problem is that I could have more...
Dec 27, 2016 9:42 AM

Feb 2010
I have it easier, I just get into various sports on a spectator level based on anime. That's cheaper and less exhausting :>.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 27, 2016 9:44 AM

Aug 2010
Pullman said:
I have it easier, I just get into various sports on a spectator level based on anime. That's cheaper and less exhausting :>.

I hate spectating if I can do it myself though. I'm a really competitive person
Dec 27, 2016 9:49 AM

Feb 2010
oryouohagi said:
Pullman said:

Then compete with me in spectating. I swear I'm the best spectator ever so bring it on :>.

But seriously to each his own. I don't like being sweaty and I don't have to be part of something to enjoy its competitive aspects.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 27, 2016 10:02 AM

Aug 2010
Pullman said:
oryouohagi said:

Then compete with me in spectating. I swear I'm the best spectator ever so bring it on :>.

But seriously to each his own. I don't like being sweaty and I don't have to be part of something to enjoy its competitive aspects.

That's right haha. I'm pretty sure you are way better than me in that. I love to break a sweat though, makes me feel alive.
Dec 27, 2016 11:03 AM

May 2012
oryouohagi said:
TheFlowingStream said:

Of course I have my neccessities more than covered and only use the remaining funds and yes I always have spare money if a storm comes. Problem is that I could have more...

Hahahaha that's true
Either ways, yours is a common behavior so don't worry about being sick.
And money-wise read this.....could help
Fancy Quote
Anime isn't Life
Dec 28, 2016 3:25 AM

Aug 2010
TheFlowingStream said:
oryouohagi said:

Hahahaha that's true
Either ways, yours is a common behavior so don't worry about being sick.
And money-wise read this.....could help

I'm grateful. I'll try these things listed, although I don't have sparing money on clothes and other necessities. My problem is with tha extra stuff like sport equipment and art supplies. Ebay is such a great place to waste my money haha. Thanks for the list, I appreciate it!
Dec 28, 2016 3:34 AM

Dec 2013
LMAO. Now there's a post that took me by surprise.

BTW - With that problem don't ever watch a gymnastics anime. $$$$$$$$ lol.
Dec 28, 2016 3:45 AM

Aug 2009
Yeah, when I started watching All Out I got really sad for not taking rugby when I was in High School.....
Dec 28, 2016 3:48 AM

Aug 2010
Gymkata said:
LMAO. Now there's a post that took me by surprise.

BTW - With that problem don't ever watch a gymnastics anime. $$$$$$$$ lol.

I like direct competitions more, where your counterpart is right before your eyes haha.
Dec 28, 2016 3:49 AM

Aug 2010
Sage_Cardoso said:
Yeah, when I started watching All Out I got really sad for not taking rugby when I was in High School.....

I'm afraid of injuries so I never felt tempted to play american football or rugby to be honest
Dec 28, 2016 3:54 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I think this depends entirely on how rich you are

But yeah I wouldn't recommend spending money on stuff just because you're hyped if you don't actually have any use for the goods themselves
Dec 28, 2016 3:55 AM

Jan 2016
I did road cycling for seven years, you have to dedicate a good amount of your free time to it.

The bikes were given to us by the team.
Dec 28, 2016 3:58 AM

Aug 2010
HaXXspetten said:
I think this depends entirely on how rich you are

But yeah I wouldn't recommend spending money on stuff just because you're hyped if you don't actually have any use for the goods themselves

We regulary play table tennis to be honest, so I don't really regret buying that, as for baseball I'd love to play baseball but there's nowhere to do it, we only end up occasionally playing catch. Well it's not that I'm rich, but I do get a big sum of money as scholarship, which I'm free to spend on whatever I want. That said, I do cover my living necessities and the dormitory fee from it
Dec 28, 2016 3:58 AM

Dec 2013
There's always running and swimming. Won't cost you anything. Cycling idea is good too. You don't need a racing bike btw. MB is safer and more versatile anyway.
Dec 28, 2016 3:59 AM

Aug 2010
Johnnyd3rp said:
I did road cycling for seven years, you have to dedicate a good amount of your free time to it.

Is it fun? I love jumping on the bicyle and just go around town for no reason, but with a bike of that caliber I could go serious amounts a day I think. As for my free time, I'd just give up a bit of time from watching anime and that's that
Dec 28, 2016 4:10 AM

May 2012
oryouohagi said:

I'm grateful. I'll try these things listed, although I don't have sparing money on clothes and other necessities. My problem is with tha extra stuff like sport equipment and art supplies. Ebay is such a great place to waste my money haha. Thanks for the list, I appreciate it!

Glad to be of your help ^_^
And about your online shopping spree, check out This and This
Fancy Quote
Anime isn't Life
Dec 28, 2016 4:13 AM

Jan 2016
oryouohagi said:
Johnnyd3rp said:

Is it fun? I love jumping on the bicyle and just go around town for no reason, but with a bike of that caliber I could go serious amounts a day I think. As for my free time, I'd just give up a bit of time from watching anime and that's that

I did competitive road cycling, it was fun when i was training with other team members but most of the times i was alone. My point of view is of someone who was on the bike seven days a week.

I wouldn't buy a road bike just for using it a couple of days a week.
Dec 28, 2016 4:33 AM

Nov 2014
Really, my problem is that I rather sit home like a sack of potatoes watching sports anime.

I do still keep my workout schedule of 10 pushups during anime OP and 10 situps on anime EDs.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Dec 28, 2016 4:55 AM

Aug 2010
BurningSpirit said:
Really, my problem is that I rather sit home like a sack of potatoes watching sports anime.

I do still keep my workout schedule of 10 pushups during anime OP and 10 situps on anime EDs.

Well if you keep yourself to that and watch lots of anime, you'll become relatively fit at lest haha
Dec 28, 2016 5:11 AM

Nov 2014
oryouohagi said:
Well if you keep yourself to that and watch lots of anime, you'll become relatively fit at lest haha

I shit you not, it works. I've literally never stepped out of my house for exercise, but I am decently built. Not muscular by any means, but neither fat nor scrawny.

Though recently I've been lazy to get out of bed 2 times an episode, so for EDs I do leg raises for the whole duration, which is actually much tougher because I'm a bottom heavy person. In addition to that though, I do climb 11 floors up home every time I return to my apartment, so that's 22 flights of stairs.

To anyone reading this and is like me, seriously consider this. You don't even need to do anything, just use the time of anime OP and ED. Problem is my back and core is pretty weak.... so still not perfect, but hey moderately fit for being a sack of shit all day is good enough.
BurningSpiritDec 28, 2016 5:25 AM
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Dec 28, 2016 5:20 AM

Apr 2014
honestly, anime sports is nothing like real sports, as in It represents the sport in an unrealistic way, so wanting to practice a sport you see in anime is fine, nothing wrong with that, but expecting the same shit as in the show is not what you're getting yourself into.

Advice: Try the sport first for a month or so, and if you still want to continue with it buy the equipment afterwards.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - 12 hours ago

17 by KryzakamiHrybami »»
4 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

37 by palm-tree »»
7 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 3 hours ago

18 by Memore »»
13 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

59 by Saiunknown »»
22 minutes ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

50 by Phloup »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.