Forum Settings
Forums

Now that it's Christmas and soon New Year...

New
Dec 25, 2016 1:17 PM

Aug 2010
Do you guys slow down on watching anime, or actually boost up the daily amount of episodes? As for me I have to study for Uni exams which sucks, so I had to put a lot of anime away for a while. What are your experiences?

Leave space for discussion if you can.
Dec 25, 2016 1:21 PM

Feb 2015
Mine is just pretty much chill. Cooked Pork Kilawin for the patlock or something. Eat with tons of ppl, that I don't know, and then when my appetite is full. Shitpost..xD

Mhhh... That's all, I'll forget about the HWs I have, so yeah, let's not talk about that.
Dec 25, 2016 1:23 PM

Aug 2010
_Ako_ said:
Mine is just pretty much chill. Cooked Pork Kilawin for the patlock or something. Eat with tons of ppl, that I don't know, and then when my appetite is full. Shitpost..xD

Mhhh... That's all, I'll forget about the HWs I have, so yeah, let's not talk about that.

But the most important part... How much anime do you watch while you are chilling?
Dec 25, 2016 1:30 PM

May 2016
I just watch the normal amount of anime i would usually watch, i mean i don't really have anything to do :P

Dec 25, 2016 1:31 PM

Feb 2015
oryouohagi said:
_Ako_ said:

But the most important part... How much anime do you watch while you are chilling?

I don't watch that much anime dude. Just chill.. xD

I chill when I post/lurk in MAL. Not always when I watch anime...
Dec 25, 2016 1:33 PM

Aug 2010
_Ako_ said:
oryouohagi said:

Oh that's nice haha. I watch anime while chilling. Sometimes I'm also studying while watching anime. Much fun
Dec 25, 2016 1:34 PM

Aug 2010
TheShippest said:
I just watch the normal amount of anime i would usually watch, i mean i don't really have anything to do :P

That's nice, I'm envious. I have to spend half my time with my family and the rest studying. I can barely watch 10 episodes a day.
Dec 25, 2016 1:34 PM

Feb 2015
oryouohagi said:
_Ako_ said:

Oh that's nice haha. I watch anime while chilling. Sometimes I'm also studying while watching anime. Much fun

Well good for you. Watching anime while studying feels like a hassle. There's a little window opportunity for me to think and understand the series I am watching. xD
Dec 25, 2016 1:36 PM

Sep 2016
I tend to behave like a human at Christmas and slow down a bit but once Christmas and NY are over I go back to my usual self at full speed..
Dec 25, 2016 1:40 PM
Jul 2018
What's Christmas? Is it a girlfriend who will NTR me?
Dec 25, 2016 1:41 PM

Aug 2010
_Ako_ said:
oryouohagi said:

Well good for you. Watching anime while studying feels like a hassle. There's a little window opportunity for me to think and understand the series I am watching. xD

I obviously don't watch high priority anime while studying, only shows that I didn't drop because I've already seen 3 episodes of them so I feel obliged to watch them. I tend to enjoy studying more than those shows TBH
Dec 25, 2016 1:43 PM

Aug 2010
MiziTami said:

What's a girlfriend? Is it tasty? Can I get it in Central Europe?
Dec 25, 2016 1:45 PM

Aug 2010
Ryuunokebab said:
I tend to behave like a human at Christmas and slow down a bit but once Christmas and NY are over I go back to my usual self at full speed..

So I'm not alone oviously. I have to go out of my way to avoid my relatives from entering my room. They don't know I'm a huge weeb and it's better that way, so I also have to behave like a normal functioning member of society.
Dec 25, 2016 1:48 PM

Mar 2016
Well I don't celebrate or anything in christmas .
Either way, fall semester is over at uni, so basically I have much more free time. However, i feel more like playing games at the moment than watching anime .
Dec 25, 2016 1:50 PM

Aug 2010
DragonSlayer_19 said:
Well I don't celebrate or anything in christmas .
Either way, fall semester is over, so basically I have much more free time. However, i feel more like playing games at the moment than watching anime .

I was just like that. I ffed a lot of time up playing planetside (and money) and it really looked like I was going to play my whole holiday through, so I stopped gaming cold turkey. I have a lot of time to study thanks to that at least and prepare for my exams. Gotta aim for a high scholarship.
Dec 25, 2016 1:52 PM

Jul 2014
Now that mock exams are over for me....i got plenty of time for catch-up on anime XD
Dec 25, 2016 1:52 PM
Jul 2018
oryouohagi said:
MiziTami said:

What's Europe? Is it like Asia where all people look the same and not like cockasians?
Dec 25, 2016 1:53 PM

Jul 2012
For me with holidays usually comes game releases or deals so I tend to divide my time more towards that hobby which reduces my episode count some days. As well as not being home for several days so that reduces the average a bit as well. But some days I tend to binge more although the overall count drops to like half of what I normally watch which is still around 30 episodes a week.
Dec 25, 2016 1:56 PM

Aug 2010
MiziTami said:
oryouohagi said:

What's Europe? Is it like Asia where all people look the same and not like cockasians?

Nope it's very much like antarctica just with people and without all the snow and cold weather. There are no penguins either sadly. Such a loss
Dec 25, 2016 1:58 PM

Aug 2010
GamerDLM said:
For me with holidays usually comes game releases or deals so I tend to divide my time more towards that hobby which reduces my episode count some days. As well as not being home for several days so that reduces the average a bit as well. But some days I tend to binge more although the overall count drops to like half of what I normally watch which is still around 30 episodes a week.

Yeah Gaben was trying to steal all my saved up scholarship so I had to break up with gaming for good. Watching anime is much more rewarding.
Dec 25, 2016 2:00 PM
Jul 2018
oryouohagi said:
MiziTami said:

Nope it's very much like antarctica just with people and without all the snow and cold weather. There are no penguins either sadly. Such a loss

Atleast there people didn't need to worry about Note 7.
Dec 25, 2016 2:03 PM

Aug 2010
MiziTami said:
oryouohagi said:

Atleast there people didn't need to worry about Note 7.

It would warm up their hearts though wouldn't it? Think they would appreciate it.
Dec 25, 2016 2:04 PM

Jan 2013
MiziTami said:
Yes, you cuck.

I treat Christmas just like any other day because I dont celebrate it
Dec 25, 2016 2:24 PM

Jun 2015
Daily anime? I don't do that, anyway.

I tend to usually watch more around Christmas to distract from boredom/loneliness. I haven't much this one, though.

Dec 25, 2016 3:14 PM

Dec 2012
Speed up. This is the time where I watch all of the things I bought from Black Friday/XMAS sales, picked up in the past few months and haven't watched yet, or got as gifts. It's usually a pretty big haul so I have lots of backlog to get through. This year it includes:

The Asterisk War Volume 2
Date Alive Complete Collection
Date Alive II Complete Collection
Death Note Complete Series BD
Death Parade Complete Collection
Durararax2 Volume 6
Erases Volume 1
Ghost in the Shell 2.0 BD
Independence Day: Resurgence
Jason Bourne
Knights of Sidonia Season 2 BD
Lupin the 3rd: Operation Return the Treasure
Majestic Prince Complete Collection BD
Owarimonogatari Volume 1
The Sandlot
Star Trek: Beyond
Trinity Seven Complete Collection BD
X-Men: Apocalypse
Yozakura Quartet Complete Collection

Though I've plowed through a lot of it already.
KruszerDec 25, 2016 3:38 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Dec 25, 2016 3:15 PM

Oct 2014
i watch way more anime now it is not like i have vacations like these to hang out with friends or family the important thing is to catch up with the seasonals
Dec 25, 2016 3:25 PM

Aug 2014
I have to study, so I watch a lot less. I don't even watch much in my spare time atm, since I've just been mostly chatting with people to work away the stress.
Dec 25, 2016 3:27 PM

Apr 2011
Throughout the whole year, I keep watching a steady amount of 0 episodes a day.
Dec 25, 2016 3:32 PM

Nov 2016
I could do but I've been too busy playing Pokemon Moon which I got today.
Dec 25, 2016 3:39 PM

Oct 2012
I managed to finish three series this month, and I'm able to do that rarely these days without some kind of holiday break granting this free time.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Dec 26, 2016 12:46 AM

Aug 2010
Kruszer said:
Speed up. This is the time where I watch all of the things I bought from Black Friday/XMAS sales, picked up in the past few months and haven't watched yet, or got as gifts. It's usually a pretty big haul so I have lots of backlog to get through. This year it includes:

The Asterisk War Volume 2
Date Alive Complete Collection
Date Alive II Complete Collection
Death Note Complete Series BD
Death Parade Complete Collection
Durararax2 Volume 6
Erases Volume 1
Ghost in the Shell 2.0 BD
Independence Day: Resurgence
Jason Bourne
Knights of Sidonia Season 2 BD
Lupin the 3rd: Operation Return the Treasure
Majestic Prince Complete Collection BD
Owarimonogatari Volume 1
The Sandlot
Star Trek: Beyond
Trinity Seven Complete Collection BD
X-Men: Apocalypse
Yozakura Quartet Complete Collection

Though I've plowed through a lot of it already.

It's awesome that you can buy BDs I'm so envious. The shipping only costs more than the product itself most of the times, so I can't really do that. Best I could do was subscribe to crunchy to ease my self-guilt.
Dec 26, 2016 12:48 AM

Aug 2010
Pixel_Vapour said:
I could do but I've been too busy playing Pokemon Moon which I got today.

I can understand you in that case. I would do the same, in case I had the new pokemon.
Dec 26, 2016 3:35 AM

Apr 2015
Swinging violently between extremes. Yesterday I watched almost nothing, but a few days back I nearly broke my record for most anime watched in a day.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Dec 26, 2016 3:37 AM

Oct 2016
I just did a marathon and finished all Ah My Goddess episodes lol.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Dec 26, 2016 5:34 AM

Aug 2010
InsaneLeader13 said:
Swinging violently between extremes. Yesterday I watched almost nothing, but a few days back I nearly broke my record for most anime watched in a day.

Can you share your personal record with us?
Dec 26, 2016 5:35 AM

Aug 2010
_xDane_ said:

That's sick. Did you do it in one sitting at least?
Dec 26, 2016 5:38 AM
Jul 2018
I sacrificed some money to Lord Gaben already, once I get the rest of the money, I won't be watching anime at all for weeks, maybe even months... but I am really hardly trying to at least finish one show I am watching now, failing at that tho.
Dec 26, 2016 8:17 AM

Apr 2015
oryouohagi said:
InsaneLeader13 said:

Personal record was 19 episodes in a day, all from the end of FMA:B.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Dec 26, 2016 8:22 AM

Aug 2010
InsaneLeader13 said:
oryouohagi said:

Personal record was 19 episodes in a day, all from the end of FMA:B.

That's nice, I watched fma:b last christmas under three days though haha. I didn't believe it could be as good or even better than the original one. Man was I wrong.
Dec 26, 2016 8:40 AM

Sep 2015
Slow down the anime and ramp up the video game playing. I Winter has always been when I enjoy gaming the most
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Dec 26, 2016 8:48 AM

Jan 2013
I've been watching less as of recent but it's on my own person really, not so much the time of year.

The growing backlog is starting to look intimidating.
Dec 26, 2016 9:10 AM

Oct 2016
oryouohagi said:
_xDane_ said:

I probably did it in 4 days I think... *checks anime list*

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Dec 26, 2016 9:14 AM

Aug 2010
_xDane_ said:
oryouohagi said:

I probably did it in 4 days I think... *checks anime list*

Will do the same haha. Heard good things about it.
Dec 26, 2016 9:20 AM
Dec 2016
same schedule here! if nothing better to do ofc
Dec 26, 2016 9:25 AM

Aug 2015
I slow down because I'm too busy being the Grinch who stole your waifu Christmas
SomeEdgeLord said:

I WILL report you from this forum if this continues.
In real life, I am one of the coldest, unsympathetic, people you'll ever know, who's grown up in an even colder household, you really don't want me to break my persona, I know how to make people feel bad.

YearnsforAttention said:
hm who has 1656 friends on MAL
that's right me
bye bye

YearnsforAttention said:
I don't want your approval
how many damn times do I need to say it
I enjoy irritating you
I am gonna do things MY way

More topics from this board

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

34 by LostSpectre »»
31 seconds ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

37 by LostSpectre »»
3 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 2 hours ago

7 by Lucifrost »»
9 minutes ago

» Do you have any special memories from the anime fandom?

RobertBobert - 7 hours ago

2 by RobertBobert »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 25

72 by Avicebrons »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.