Forum Settings
Forums

What do you think of the animes airing for next year?

New
Dec 24, 2016 8:37 PM

Feb 2016
They seem pretty decent but some of them I'm kinda concerned about
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 24, 2016 8:39 PM

Nov 2016
i happy that ill finaly get see the season 2 of attack on titan after 3 goddam years.
and lots of other anime i am intrested too for.
Dec 24, 2016 8:43 PM
Jan 2009
xxXHARSHXxx said:
i happy that ill finaly get see the season 2 of attack on titan after 3 goddam years.

You could have just watched Kabaneri
Dec 24, 2016 11:16 PM

Mar 2016
They make me feel like 2017 is going to be a lot better than 2016.
Dec 24, 2016 11:22 PM
Feb 2014
i think 2017 will be better than 2016. Some of my favorite anime r coming back, AOT for example.
Dec 24, 2016 11:27 PM

Sep 2011
Looking a lot better than 2016. Spring alone has a lot of shows I'm hyped for and nothing has really been announced for the summer season and fall of that year yet, so I expect a lot more good shows. It'll definitely be a great year.
Dec 24, 2016 11:29 PM

Feb 2016
Every year will be trash until by some miracle Toradora s2 happens and saves anime the romance genre.
Dec 24, 2016 11:36 PM

Dec 2012
I thought 2016 would be the best anime year ever ... Then came Fall 2016...

-Extract from sad life of Kazuro (33:29)

Lets just hope 2017 does not pull something like this.

"They say that if you change yourself, you'll change the world, but that's a complete lie. They're just forcing you to compromise by feeding you a convenient little fib. Let me show you how to really change the world." -Hikigaya Hachiman

Dec 24, 2016 11:44 PM
Feb 2014
Nyron said:
xxXHARSHXxx said:

Dont compare aot with the likes of kabeneri. Im not saying kabeneri is bad but its nothing when compared to aot
Dec 24, 2016 11:52 PM

Jul 2015
kazuro said:

I thought 2016 was going to be a great year for Video games, Movies and Anime, and most of it was disappointment, but I still have some faith in 2017 in genereal
Sup...
Dec 24, 2016 11:52 PM

Aug 2013
r17v1 said:
Nyron said:

Dont compare aot with the likes of kabeneri. Im not saying kabeneri is bad but its nothing when compared to aot

Both are rather average. Typical mass hyped series :)
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 24, 2016 11:53 PM

Jul 2015
I just need Jojo Part 5:Vento Aureo anime to happen next year(first cour at least) and I don't care what anyone else says it would be the one of the strongest years of anime if that happens to be in the line up for 2017
Sup...
Dec 24, 2016 11:54 PM

Jul 2015
rsc-pl said:
r17v1 said:

Mass Hype series are good, brings more people in
Sup...
Dec 24, 2016 11:58 PM

Feb 2015
To be honest, I think it's gonna be shit. I mean,

2015: Shitiest year ever
2016: The fuck is this year?
2017: Ohh fuck this year's so shit I wanna take a shit

OP, wanna guess what's gonna be 2018? It's shit.
Dec 24, 2016 11:58 PM

Sep 2015
I'm really looking forward to all the good anime that have sequels coming.
Dec 25, 2016 12:24 AM

Aug 2015
Yep. Next year is a sequel buster! And lots of other good new /original anime to look forward to!

So I think it already looks great and imo better than 2016...

Though there's always the possibility that they can mess up the sequels..., but for now, I'm hoping for the best.
Dec 25, 2016 12:54 AM
Feb 2014
rsc-pl said:
r17v1 said:

What do u mean? there is a reason why so many ppl like it. Mass hyped but bad series will be shits like SAO that tons of ppl watched only to realize it sucks ass. If AOT s1 was just hype ppl would have learned their lesson and there wouldn't be this hype for s2. Just cause u dont like things mot ppl love doesnt make that thing mass hyped but bad.
Dec 25, 2016 1:55 AM

Jul 2014
All im gonna say is....its better than the fall season... :\
Dec 25, 2016 2:54 AM
Sep 2016
I'm hyped for yamato 2201, SAO & Heaven Feels movies. (phew)
Others series seems generic, will be probably better than 2016, i don't know since i've seen like 3-4 anime from this year.
Dec 25, 2016 2:58 AM

Aug 2010
I'm pretty positive about the incoming year to be honest. There are some really decent shows lined up, it might be the pinacle of the 2010' years.
Dec 25, 2016 2:59 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Pretty good actually. There are tons of very highly anticipated series on paper at least. Should definitely be better than 2016
Dec 25, 2016 3:12 AM

Mar 2012
At the very least I can see my lovely yandere Akane face like this.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 25, 2016 3:19 AM
Jul 2018
I think they are gonna be airing in 2017 XD
Dec 25, 2016 3:33 AM

Jul 2015
I have Snk s2
That's all I need to watch in 2017
Dec 25, 2016 5:30 AM

Oct 2014
This overtendency for sequels is kind of starting to worry me
The industry is relying more and more on sequels so it is basically becoming like hollywood
Dec 25, 2016 5:42 AM

Nov 2014
Non-sequels: Nothing particularly stands out. Lots of series that seem like they COULD be good, but I'm really not gonna jump the gun.

Sequels: Ehhh.... SnK mentioned a couple of times in this thread alone, could be a good gore comedy for me. I'm never too too excited for sequels particularly anyways, when they come they come.

gabrielrroiz said:
The industry is relying more and more on sequels so it is basically becoming like hollywood

Erm.... are you looking at the same anime list as all of us? There are a shit ton more new series than sequels, just because you aren't watching or aren't interested doesn't mean the anime industry is relying on sequels. Just to put into perspective, in 2016, most of the hype surrounds new series(yeah yeah I'm acknowledging the hype train, but frankly if that series has the largest fanbase, who are we to act elitist over them) .
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Dec 25, 2016 5:43 AM

Apr 2016
hmmm, i think it much more better thn these yr even so, lots of viewer seeing snk season 2 trailer on yt much more epic thn the last 1st season.

Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look
around. It's undeniable.
Noctis

Dec 25, 2016 5:51 AM

Oct 2014
BurningSpirit said:
Non-sequels: Nothing particularly stands out. Lots of series that seem like they COULD be good, but I'm really not gonna jump the gun.

Sequels: Ehhh.... SnK mentioned a couple of times in this thread alone, could be a good gore comedy for me. I'm never too too excited for sequels particularly anyways, when they come they come.

gabrielrroiz said:

Erm.... are you looking at the same anime list as all of us? There are a shit ton more new series than sequels, just because you aren't watching or aren't interested doesn't mean the anime industry is relying on sequels. Just to put into perspective, in 2016, most of the hype surrounds new series(yeah yeah I'm acknowledging the hype train, but frankly if that series has the largest fanbase, who are we to act elitist over them) .

Compare with the number of sequels we usually get in previous years and you will se where i am getting with this overtendency for sequels
The biggest problem with that is the way they are bring back big franchises that really have no point in being continued and finished several years ago
Dec 25, 2016 5:54 AM

Jul 2014
They look much better and promising that last season/year :|
Dec 25, 2016 6:02 AM

Nov 2014
gabrielrroiz said:
]
Compare with the number of sequels we usually get in previous years and you will se where i am getting with this overtendency for sequels
The biggest problem with that is the way they are bring back big franchises that really have no point in being continued and finished several years ago

Definitely agree with you on that, but maybe this year is somewhat of an exception with the number of series the industry is trying to milk. In any case, the point is that there is no clear trend to draw any conclusion. However I do agree that milking a franchise for no reason is disgusting.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Dec 25, 2016 6:04 AM

May 2015
Winter is okay because Konosuba and Rakugo S2 are there so they at least can carry the season. After that I dunno, just pray cool new shit comes out.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Dec 25, 2016 6:21 AM

Jul 2015
I'm actually very excited for a lot of the new anime coming next season, particularly Masamune-kun no Revenge, been waiting for it for a long time now. It's great to see more romance anime (though harem is still lacking and I know it is because it is a dying genre) too so I am hyped for that.

Looking back at this season though, I never did touch a lot of the seasonal anime, mostly spent my time watching older anime. Huh. Probably one of the worst seasons imo.
MrTralalaDec 25, 2016 6:25 AM
Dec 25, 2016 8:00 AM
Jan 2009
r17v1 said:
Nyron said:

Kabaneri is a great show with incredible art direction that does literally everything better than AoT

AoT is bleach, with some more violence
I like how the anime tries is best to make the manga good. But the source material will forever hinder it.
Dec 25, 2016 8:03 AM

Oct 2014
Nyron said:
r17v1 said:

Kabaneri is a great show with incredible art direction that does literally everything better than AoT

I like how the anime tries is best to make the manga good. But the source material will forever hinder it.

in what ways does kabaneri makes everything better than aot
because making every character totally retarded and the story completely nonsensical did not improve anything for me actually
Dec 25, 2016 8:18 AM

Aug 2016
Youjo Senki is the only series right now that I find interesting (excluding second seasons) and it seems to stand in contrast with the otherwise very bright and uplifting shows. The second seasons of AoT and Konosuba also look like fun. And I will patiently wait for the new LoGH to be a shit fest.
People who put MAL stats in their sigs are losers lol
Dec 25, 2016 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
Seems to be better than this years i guess. Doesn't mean there's nothing to appreciate from this years though. Just this year has a lot of disappointment and shit.
Dec 25, 2016 8:32 AM

Oct 2013
gabrielrroiz said:
Nyron said:

because making every character totally retarded and the story completely nonsensical did not improve anything for me actually

He doesn't like the snk anime or manga, don't prolonged a argument that obviously wont go anywhere.
Dec 25, 2016 8:33 AM

Feb 2015
people still do pluralize anime as animes, interesting
Dec 25, 2016 8:51 AM
Jan 2009
gabrielrroiz said:
Nyron said:

The art is better. The animation is better. The setting is far more detailed, with really cool costumes, mechanical designs, and a more well thought-out culture. The characters are better and more memorable. The soundtrack is about the same. The story is fast-paced and actually goes places, literally, because it's on a train. The whole show feels like a Hollywood action movie, where Attack on Titan feels like I'm watching something a kid on deviantART made up.

Are you implying AoT has good characters? Really??? I mean I guess, if your standard of writing is fanfiction.net
And a story that makes any sense at all? AoT's spends most of it's run going literally nowhere and avoiding giving details at all costs.
NyronDec 25, 2016 8:56 AM
Dec 25, 2016 9:12 AM

Oct 2014
Nyron said:
gabrielrroiz said:

The art is better. The animation is better. The setting is far more detailed, with really cool costumes, mechanical designs, and a more well thought-out culture. The characters are better and more memorable. The soundtrack is about the same. The story is fast-paced and actually goes places, literally, because it's on a train. The whole show feels like a Hollywood action movie, where Attack on Titan feels like I'm watching something a kid on deviantART made up.

Are you implying AoT has good characters? Really??? I mean I guess, if your standard of writing is fanfiction.net
And a story that makes any sense at all? AoT's spends most of it's run going literally nowhere and avoiding giving details at all costs.

I am in no way implying aot had good characters but replacing them with bipolar character like mumei and awful genocidal bad guys like biba is in no way an improvement
The problem in kabaneri is exactely how fast paces it is kabaneri bombards the viewer with constant action scenes without proper build up or trying to make the viewer care about the characters first leaving me bored as fuck exactely like most of these hollywood action movies you are praising i also had no idea what are these places the story actually went since by the end of the series the characters are in the exact same situation they were at the start
And the animation in kabaneri is far from great the constant usage of still images and the drop in quality in the last episodes was pretty aparent
Dec 25, 2016 9:25 AM
Jul 2018
kazuro said:

Fall 2016 had a bunch of good anime though.
Dec 25, 2016 9:33 AM

Dec 2012
puraragi said:
kazuro said:

At best there were only 3 anime which I could call really good...

Ajin S2 , Drifters and Bungo stray dogs S2...

"They say that if you change yourself, you'll change the world, but that's a complete lie. They're just forcing you to compromise by feeding you a convenient little fib. Let me show you how to really change the world." -Hikigaya Hachiman

Dec 25, 2016 9:37 AM
Jul 2018
kazuro said:
puraragi said:

If we're counting sequels; Haikyuu S3, Natsume S5, www.Working and Gundam IBO S2 have all been ranging from good to fantastic.

We also had a lot of decent originals. Yuri on Ice, O;9, Keijo, Sangatsu, etc...
Dec 25, 2016 9:40 AM

Dec 2012
puraragi said:
kazuro said:

If we're counting sequels; Haikyuu S3, Natsume S5, www.Working and Gundam IBO S2 have all been ranging from good to fantastic.

We also had a lot of decent originals. Yuri on Ice, O;9, Keijo, Sangatsu, etc...

I have not watched anime of the sequels you mentioned...
Sangatsu Is PTW...
Yuri on Ice (No chance)

Dec 25, 2016 9:47 AM
Mar 2016
I've read AOT manga so I'm really excited about S2.
LWA also looks really nice.
MHA 2 is also what I'm excited about.
Fate HF.....hell yeah!!!
Also konosuba S2 and rakugo S2.
Probably missing many.
2017 already has more hyped shows than 2016, so yeah I can't wait.
Dec 25, 2016 9:51 AM
Dec 2016
i want some recommendations for 2017 and thanks
Dec 25, 2016 9:59 AM

Jul 2013
It looks promising and with a lot of salt (especially AoT 2, OPM 2 and Heaven's Feel movies), hope it doesn't dissapoint.
Dec 25, 2016 10:00 AM

Feb 2010
Not really anything. I don't tend to think too much about things that aren't even here yet. There'll be enough time to figure out which of them are worth watching once they started airing.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 25, 2016 10:06 AM

Oct 2014
Illyricus said:
It looks promising and with a lot of salt (especially AoT 2, OPM 2 and Heaven's Feel movies), hope it doesn't dissapoint.

i can barely wait for the salt and constant overrated threads when opm season 2 surpass fmab and kimi na wa as the highest rated anime of all times
Dec 25, 2016 10:23 AM
May 2015
oryouohagi said:
I'm pretty positive about the incoming year to be honest. There are some really decent shows lined up, it might be the pinacle of the 2010' years.
i strongly doubt it will be better than 2011
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Things you are jealous of in anime ( 1 2 )

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

56 by LenRea »»
53 seconds ago

» What is your opinion on anime becoming mainstream? ( 1 2 )

BroDa2545 - Apr 16

55 by LenRea »»
2 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Apr 25

74 by epidemia78 »»
5 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

61 by LenRea »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Which season of AOT is your favourite?

MillerEvans23 - 23 minutes ago

2 by LenRea »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.