Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 11, 2016 9:42 AM

Aug 2009
Am I the only one that's disappointed about the fact that the show seemingly onlu focuses on the new characters that are introduced in Mirai-hen?
I thought Zetsubou-hen was going to be mainly focused on DR2's cast (at least, that's how it was advertised), but in the last few episodes the new cast has had the majority of the screentime.

I understand that they possibly play big roles in all of the events to come, and that it is important to get to know them. However, we haven't had any development for the DR2 cast yet. I guess this is not including Nanami and Hajime, but even their screentime has been very limited.

I am aware that only 5 episodes have aired, and we still have way more to go. I just get the feeling that it's not going to change too much over the next few episodes and it definitely could have been handled better than in the past few episodes.
Samu-tanAug 11, 2016 9:48 AM
Aug 11, 2016 10:33 AM

Aug 2015
with just a reference(as it always been for the past 5 episodes) is enough to make me smile. we got a whole game to know DR2 casts and their backstories. I don't think we really need to make all focus on them.
Aug 11, 2016 2:55 PM

Apr 2014
I think it's handled pretty well the way it is, Nagito and Chiaki got episodes dedicated to them and we see how Hinata goes. Most of the entire cast got their development in the game and those who didn't like the imposter is getting screen time now. Like you said there has only been 5 episodes and going by the timeline, 5 events have already been covered and only 5 events are left. We'll probably get some form of development from the main cast when shit goes down.
Aug 11, 2016 7:26 PM

Dec 2010
You seem to be disappointed that the show isn't going to be what you expected. Well it's more than you expected and be sure to see more focus coming to the DR2 crew, because they're not done yet. The story is about their descent into despair, and they simply tie-in DR3 characters into the mix because it adds a factor of unpredictability to it. We already know what's going to happen if we played DR2. I want Hope's Peak fleshed out. We've got two people investigating the school and we're about to see a certain Ultimate Detective make her entrance as well.

If you're still complaining about the last two episodes because they focused a lot on DR3 characters, remember how last weeks episode got us to see deeper into Nagito's twisted side. Even this week's episode got us to see the Ultimate Impostor's caring side a lot more. And from that scene, I got to wonder: maybe Mikan's love (if you remember from before her execution in the game) is actually the Impostor (it's still very likely Junko, though)! See how well they are represented?
Sacrificing sleep and sanity for more anime-induced dopamine.
Aug 11, 2016 8:54 PM

Jan 2016
I do like the DR2 cast best

feel like we could tell this story without the new characters

especially the "she wont eat my sweets" subplot
Aug 11, 2016 10:04 PM

Dec 2014
Well we know their characters from SuperDanganRonpa2 already. This is a story about how shit went down. And not specificly about the 77th class. Ofc they play a big role but the overall plot is more important than the 77th class.
Aug 11, 2016 10:07 PM
Aug 2016
Zetsubo-hen main focus is how 77th class fall into despair and become ultimate despair
there's no need to tell their development since the already cover that point
Aug 19, 2016 1:28 AM

Sep 2015
Yep. They're rushing through the Despair Arc, hence there is little screen time for the DR2 cast. Also we have to account for all 16 plus Chisa, Junko, Mukuro screen time so yeah.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2016

225 by Beguni »»
May 1, 8:21 AM

» *spoilers* Why do people not like this season?

kakashis_sidehoe - Mar 26, 2023

33 by Kiryotsu »»
Jan 5, 10:53 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2016

526 by Salty_Cookie »»
Jan 4, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2016

242 by Nanashi »»
Jan 3, 7:09 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2016

255 by KSkillmyself »»
Dec 7, 2023 11:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.