Forum Settings
Forums

Naoshi Komi's 'Nisekoi' Manga Heads Toward Climax [Update 8/6]

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 31, 2016 2:41 AM

Jul 2016
It was fun roughly until the end of the anime, but the author never found any new idea to keep going. The dates (with Onodera or Chitoge) are always exactly the same, nothing ever changes. He even tried to add for the fourth time a new harem member with Yui and it was a huge fail. The best idea he had IMO was the "you don't have to fake your relationship anymore" and it could have change the pace of the story, but the next chapter "Oh, nevermind, keep going"....
The whole thing turns into a drama and forgets the comedy part in the last 50-60 chapters, it was pretty boring to read. And all of this for the easiest and most obvious conclusion ever, a huge disappointment for a really likable anime. After reading the manga, I hope we won't get a third season :/
Jul 31, 2016 6:54 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
ZettaiRyouiki said:
Fucking finally.

Only the first 50 chapters were great, then the mangaka started loosing it.
Finally I can keep reading knowing there wont be more possible fillers later on.
Jul 31, 2016 7:06 AM

Nov 2015
Faelco said:
It was fun roughly until the end of the anime, but the author never found any new idea to keep going. The dates (with Onodera or Chitoge) are always exactly the same, nothing ever changes. He even tried to add for the fourth time a new harem member with Yui and it was a huge fail. The best idea he had IMO was the "you don't have to fake your relationship anymore" and it could have change the pace of the story, but the next chapter "Oh, nevermind, keep going"....
The whole thing turns into a drama and forgets the comedy part in the last 50-60 chapters, it was pretty boring to read. And all of this for the easiest and most obvious conclusion ever, a huge disappointment for a really likable anime. After reading the manga, I hope we won't get a third season :/

I can definitely agree with you. I enjoyed this manga but I felt there were too many chapters with unnecessary filler. I can quite say that I didn't dislike it though, it was a fun read! However, I disliked how Komi decided to throw in sudden plot development starting from volume 17. I felt like Komi rushed everything from that point, and it no longer had it's original feel. It felt unnatural. It felt like a whole other book! Also, Yui was an attempt to milk the series out a little more. But, like you said, it turned into a huge fail. Because, everything starting from volume 17, reading this manga was a hobby but a chore. It was no longer fun to read as I aguishly read through. "This isn't To-Love Ru!" What stems from my disappointment from this series is the plot to begin with. Sure, it may sound original, but it was flawed from the start. Raku and Chitoge forced to be lovers? Sure, that sounds exciting! But, nevertheless in the end, without a surprise, ah! They end together which I find the ending of Nisekoi cliche, unoriginal, and a huge disappointment. We all seen that before and that's what I find of what Nisekoi an example of a "Bad ending". I'm sure people may disagree with me, but this is entirely just my opinion. In my opinion however, as the reader, I want to see the unexpected to happen but in a natural flow in a sense. Not the expected. That's why we enjoy reading books. But, to see an ending of Nisekoi to go out like this, was a huge disappointment.
_LorDNiCo_Jul 31, 2016 7:10 AM
Aug 1, 2016 8:34 AM

Dec 2015
Wow it is finally time
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 1, 2016 10:22 AM

Jul 2012
_LorDNiCo_ said:
Faelco said:

I can definitely agree with you. I enjoyed this manga but I felt there were too many chapters with unnecessary filler. I can quite say that I didn't dislike it though, it was a fun read! However, I disliked how Komi decided to throw in sudden plot development starting from volume 17. I felt like Komi rushed everything from that point, and it no longer had it's original feel. It felt unnatural. It felt like a whole other book! Also, Yui was an attempt to milk the series out a little more. But, like you said, it turned into a huge fail. Because, everything starting from volume 17, reading this manga was a hobby but a chore. It was no longer fun to read as I aguishly read through. "This isn't To-Love Ru!" What stems from my disappointment from this series is the plot to begin with. Sure, it may sound original, but it was flawed from the start. Raku and Chitoge forced to be lovers? Sure, that sounds exciting! But, nevertheless in the end, without a surprise, ah! They end together which I find the ending of Nisekoi cliche, unoriginal, and a huge disappointment. We all seen that before and that's what I find of what Nisekoi an example of a "Bad ending". I'm sure people may disagree with me, but this is entirely just my opinion. In my opinion however, as the reader, I want to see the unexpected to happen but in a natural flow in a sense. Not the expected. That's why we enjoy reading books. But, to see an ending of Nisekoi to go out like this, was a huge disappointment.
holy shit i've never seen someone abuse the bold and underline tools so hard
Aug 1, 2016 7:19 PM

Jun 2016
I wish, he didn't choose any of the girls. Like other harem.
Because I feel bad for the rest, and it will lead to a dramatic ending.

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Aug 2, 2016 4:13 AM

Mar 2015
Well it's the obvious "main girl" always win rules. So of course Chitoge wins.

Anyway, let's just hope the ending is not as bad as Oreimo... and that it actually had an actual ending.

Aug 3, 2016 8:19 AM

Jul 2014
WhiteFlamee said:
"finally its ending"

just stfu. lets see u guys write a better manga and make as much as Komi

That is an extremely well thought-out, not-at-all flawed argument against criticism.
Aug 3, 2016 1:21 PM
Sep 2015
Mayuka said:
_LorDNiCo_ said:

holy shit i've never seen someone abuse the bold and underline tools so hard

lets get married.
Aug 3, 2016 1:32 PM

Apr 2014
About time to end this trainwreck.
And end it with Raku getting himself killed by a gorilla.
Shitoge fans rejoice. It's been obvious from the start that the worst girl wins.
Haters always gonna hate.
Aug 6, 2016 1:21 AM

Nov 2007
News Update
It was also announced in the same issue that Naoshi Komi will start a new serialization in Jump GIGA volume 4, to be released on October 20.

Source: Nijipoi
tsubasaloverAug 8, 2016 1:18 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 6, 2016 7:45 AM

Mar 2015
tsubasalover said:
Update August 6
It was also announced in the same issue that Naoshi Komi will start a new serialization in Jump GIGA volume 4, to be released on October 20.

Source: Nijipoi
is it complitely new series? no epilogue at all? seriously komi?
TyrelAug 6, 2016 10:52 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

14 by Softhenic03 »»
12 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 12 hours ago

8 by AddaeAkono »»
25 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.