Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 26, 2016 4:52 AM
Jul 2018
If anime was a food, i would consider myself a super-taster. The summary of all of my threads are that i fking hate romance, i only watch anime that contains action(violence and fighting, verbal fights are acceptable), ecchi, or sports. fk the story, give me the visuals, oopai is love,oppai is life, triggering anime's that gets me very angry.
and then theres threads that triggers other MAL people. and what i see most of a replies are from salty people and theres casual anime watchers saying "You are missing out" or "Don't you think its boring?" some are saying from their perspective it is boring. i do have a strict favorite genre because the other genres are boring to me. and i will be glad if i miss out especially romance anime(like shigatsu or ore monogatari)
so the question is that do you think having a strict favorite genre makes watching anime boring (and don't say that my life of watching anime is boring because its not. im fine watching a anime if theres two girls in bikini's playing volleyball.
and lastly, some people try suggesting other people to watch outside of their favorite genre. i mean, its fine, theres people who loves to experiment. but why bother a person similar to me who only likes three genres. i have a few people in MAL and friends telling me to watch other genre. i didn't fking help.
Jul 26, 2016 4:55 AM

Apr 2016
My favorite anime is cory in the house.
Jul 26, 2016 5:38 AM

Oct 2015
rebornnora said:
so the question is that do you think having a strict favorite genre makes watching anime boring?

No it doesn't, what's the point in watching romance if you don't like the genre itself even if it's considered a good romance anime. So basically just watch what you enjoy and ignore the ones you don't really like, there's no need to force yourself to watch x anime just because someone says it's good or whatnot.
Jul 26, 2016 5:41 AM

Jul 2015
no need to waste your time in something you dont enjoy
for me Sol and Cgdct anime bore me to death so i just avoid them
Jul 26, 2016 6:00 AM

Aug 2015
Well, the way I see it is that everyone or at least almost everyone will slowly but surely break away from their favorite genres and try other ones

For one, I fkin hated romance as a kid. Why? Because it's gay or at least I thought it was. I mean come on, that's what girls usually talk about right? But as I grew up I started getting into romance and now well, I like that genre

I wouldn't worry about it if I were, it's your time, you choose where to spend it and don't force yourself to watch something bcos you'll end up just bashing whatever that something is and it might prevent you from ever giving the genre another chance

Just because something is highly acclaimed, doesn't mean you'd like it and there's no reason to feel guilty for not liking it. You can't force yourself to like something either bcos it's not going to work. I tried that with cowboy bebop, no matter how hard I tried I still can't come to love it and I really wanted to like it bcos that's one of the few anime that have been reccomended to me by both the internet peeps and my schoolmates. This doesn't happen that often given that the taste of my schoolmates are well, similar to yours and not much people on the internet have that taste or admit to having that taste [s]Not saying that you have bad taste. I don't think there is such a thing as bad taste as what's good and what's not is completely subjective[/b]
Jul 26, 2016 8:58 AM

Oct 2011
Confining yourself in one genre can only offer something limiting. I like to hop across several genres to maintain my interest in the medium.
Jul 26, 2016 12:03 PM

Nov 2009
rebornnora said:
The summary of all of my threads are that i fking hate romance, i only watch anime that contains action(violence and fighting, verbal fights are acceptable), ecchi, or sports.

You see, it's easy to find good shows if you like action, ecchi or sports. But it's crazy hard to find anime if you want your anime to include only these three genres.
Because most anime contain a whole bunch of genres at once.
For example, an action show might contain a romantic substory, or it can contain a mystery, or the enemies might be scary enough for the anime to rate as horror...
A person who likes action can easily enjoy it, while not paying much attention to romance, mystery or horror. It seems that you can't. Sucks to be you.

More topics from this board

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 19 minutes ago

4 by LightWorker »»
31 seconds ago

» Advertise your favorite anime

Tannenbusch - 13 minutes ago

1 by deg »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 10 hours ago

38 by _gt_ohn »»
13 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

30 by logopolis »»
13 minutes ago

» Which 3 unpopular anime from the late 90s-mid 00s would you recommend?

WitherThrakh - Apr 13

21 by xqXpx »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.