Forum Settings
Forums

[Resolved] How to disable the discussion requests?

New
Jul 24, 2016 6:28 PM
Jul 2016
Hello every single time I +1 an episode I get a pop-up asking if I want to discuss the anime. There are 4 buttons but only the first two which goes to discussion works. I can't deny it or request that I never be bothered. I've even disabled it in settings but that doesn't matter.

Is this a glitch with chrome? It is quite frustrating.
LunaJul 29, 2016 12:07 AM
Jul 24, 2016 7:19 PM

Apr 2016
You can disable this request in the "Edit" button (in your list) of specific entries, there'll be a "Ask to discuss?" option where you can choose if you want the pop-up or not. If you tried that before and it's still not working, you can try other browsers to check if it's really a Chrome-only issue.
Jul 24, 2016 8:54 PM
Jul 2016
Velkran said:
You can disable this request in the "Edit" button (in your list) of specific entries, there'll be a "Ask to discuss?" option where you can choose if you want the pop-up or not. If you tried that before and it's still not working, you can try other browsers to check if it's really a Chrome-only issue.

This works, thanks. Bummer that I have to do it for each anime on my list but it works.

I appreciate the response.
Jul 27, 2016 1:06 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
EsQueue said:
Hello every single time I +1 an episode I get a pop-up asking if I want to discuss the anime. There are 4 buttons but only the first two which goes to discussion works. I can't deny it or request that I never be bothered. I've even disabled it in settings but that doesn't matter.

I tested it with both Firefox and Chrome. As soon as I change the option to "Do not ask if I want to discuss an episode" in my list settings, it stops asking me when I use the + button on my list. Are you sure it's really disabled in your global list settings?
Jul 27, 2016 3:52 PM
Jul 2016
Luna said:
EsQueue said:

I tested it with both Firefox and Chrome. As soon as I change the option to "Do not ask if I want to discuss an episode" in my list settings, it stops asking me when I use the + button on my list. Are you sure it's really disabled in your global list settings?

Yup, it is currently disabled but the only way that I got it to disable was to do it for each individual anime.
Jul 28, 2016 1:31 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
EsQueue said:
Yup, it is currently disabled but the only way that I got it to disable was to do it for each individual anime.

Have you tried it with another browser to see if the problem still exists there? (I don't see how the browser could influence this but just making sure...)
Jul 28, 2016 11:31 PM
Jul 2016
Luna said:
EsQueue said:

Have you tried it with another browser to see if the problem still exists there? (I don't see how the browser could influence this but just making sure...)

I checked the global settings again to make sure that everything was correct and restarted my computer.

After restarting I checked and it was back to default. After setting it again I added a new series to test and it worked.

Looks like I just needed to restart my computer.

Sorry for bothering you guys with my stupid issue. I should restart more often.
Jul 29, 2016 12:07 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
A restart should not affect these settings, but I'm glad you could resolve it now, I hope the settings stay like this now.
Nov 18, 2023 11:58 PM
Sep 2019
Reply to Luna
EsQueue said:

@Luna Years later this came in handy to me, Thank you!!!

More topics from this board

» I can't use forums using Windows High Contrast anymore

vasipi4946 - 11 hours ago

2 by deg »»
5 hours ago

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3372 by GARFIELDD666 »»
9 hours ago

» [Reported] Username being auto-pasted into search bar

DariTheWeeb - Feb 19

49 by DeadPiles »»
Yesterday, 6:03 PM

» IP ban glitch?

AverageRiceFan - Apr 21

2 by hich4n_ »»
Yesterday, 12:15 PM

» ishinashi has 300 alt accounts and counting ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Jun 16, 2023

127 by Spunkert »»
Yesterday, 6:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.