Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 23, 2016 10:13 AM

Oct 2015
Just finished watching anime, and since it felt like a rushed ending, I was wondering if anybody knows where could I watch/download live action movies??
Jul 23, 2016 12:53 PM

Jan 2015
I don't think its already available bcoz thing released in march and april(I just know this was two part)
Chihayafuru
Chihayafuru Part II
karambiaJul 23, 2016 1:00 PM

la critique de l'intention pure
Jul 23, 2016 8:21 PM
Jul 2018
Daru-sama said:
Just finished watching anime, and since it felt like a rushed ending, I was wondering if anybody knows where could I watch/download live action movies??

You could have watched them in a cinema, if only you had been in Bucheon...
[url]https://www.bifan.kr/eng/program/program_view.asp?pk_seq=2043&sc_category_seq=706&sc_num=1&actEvent=view[/url]
[url]https://www.bifan.kr/eng/program/program_view.asp?pk_seq=2044&sc_category_seq=706&sc_num=1&actEvent=view[/url]

... or Montreal, earlier today:
[url]http://www.fantasiafestival.com/2016/en/films-schedule/54/chihayafuru-part-1[/url]
[url]http://www.fantasiafestival.com/2016/en/films-schedule/150/chihayafuru-part-2[/url]
The Montreal announcement page included preview clips w. English subtitles - for the moment still hosted here: [url]https://vimeo.com/173047756[/url] and here: [url]https://vimeo.com/173047758[/url] ... so perhaps there is some hope there will be an official release with those subtitles at some point beyond the limited screenings at select festivals. (I'm not sure about Neuchatel in that regard - http://www.nifff.ch/site/en/welcome)

Disk sets announced for the Japanese market will not have those translations, unfortunately. The only subtitles on those will be in Japanese - according to the info listed here:
http://chihayafuru-movie.com/bd_dvd/index.html
First film disks will become available on September 29, Part II on October 19, 2016.

There have been announcements for continuation of the film series beyond these two films released so far but very few details about the proposed sequel are available as of today ....

No news -that I'm aware of- for a third animated season either. (The films aren't literal adaptations of the anime seasons, though there are similarities.)

Somewhat of a spoiler but .. If you want to know what happens next your only real option is to read the manga, however, which is ongoing... (bi-weekly, for the most part). (Manga: Current events are a little less than a year beyond where the second season of the anime stopped ... no ending there either, in other words, rushed or otherwise.)
removed-userJul 23, 2016 8:33 PM
Aug 27, 2016 10:04 PM
Jul 2018
Daru-sama said:

... if you happen to be anywhere near one of these Australian cities, between October and December 2016, it may be worth your while to pay a visit to a selected cinema when the Japanese Film Festival tour comes to town...

Touring nationally:
Canberra 14-23 Oct / Adelaide 21-30 Oct / Brisbane 26-30 Oct / Perth 2-6 Nov / Sydney 17-27 Nov / Melbourne 24 Nov-4 Dec

Preview clip -with English subtitles- hosted on the YouTube channel of The Japan Foundation Sydney
Sep 24, 2016 2:28 PM

Jan 2008
The first movie Chihayafuru - Kami no Ku, is out on Nyaa now (raw), with soft subs available separately. 2nd isn't out online yet so that's still theatres/film festival screenings for now. And 3rd movie is just recently green lit, so is still in production, with the premier likely in late 2017 or early 2018.
Sep 24, 2016 2:49 PM

Apr 2015
4kicks said:
The first movie Chihayafuru - Kami no Ku, is out on Nyaa now (raw), with soft subs available separately. 2nd isn't out online yet so that's still theatres/film festival screenings for now. And 3rd movie is just recently green lit, so is still in production, with the premier likely in late 2017 or early 2018.

Thanks for the update. I'll devour anything Chihayafuru-related.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 24, 2016 10:35 PM
Jul 2018
The first film is now available for rental in Japan - as physical disks and also on such streaming providers as iTunes (Japan) and Amazon.co.jp - although these may have geographic restrictions in place preventing viewing their content outside Japan...

Rental for the second film will start around October 12.
Sep 24, 2016 10:55 PM

Jan 2015
thing already available online for illegal streaming/download, the part 1. check the like kissasian

Sep 25, 2016 12:19 AM

Oct 2015
Thank you pal <3 Was waiting for this
Feb 12, 2017 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
According to ANN, "Director Norihiro Koizumi announced at the Sanuki Film Festival 2017 event in Kagawa on Sunday", February 12, 2017 that the "Chihayafuru Sequel Live-Action Film Will Take Place 2 Years Later. Filming starts this spring for movie showing Chihaya as third-year high school student."
removed-userFeb 12, 2017 8:49 AM
Apr 13, 2017 7:53 AM
Jul 2018
A casting call is going out for volunteer extras to take part in on location shooting for the next Live Action film. Filming days in May / June 2017.
Apr 25, 2017 10:12 PM
Jul 2018
On April 26, 2017 ANN relayed: "Chihayafuru Sequel Film Reveals 4 New Cast Members, 2018 Opening"
Let's put this up front: "Suetsugu has approved the film's script"

This third film will conclude the series and will be titled "Chihayafuru Musubi"「ちはやふる -結び-」. One of the most interesting aspects of this announcement is the casting of Kaya Kiyohara as Iori Wagatsuma [我妻伊織]. Interesting because she will play "Chihaya's film-original rival", signalling Koizumi's further departure from Suetsugu's manga story. How will Iori Wagatsuma figure into the settling of the rivalry between Chihaya and Shinobu Wakamiya, and who came up with her name...?

Something to look forward to, as are the performances envisioned for: Mio Yūki as Sumire Hanano, a girl who falls in love with Taichi on first sight, and joins the karuta club; Hayato Sano as Akihiro Tsukuba, a new member of the karuta club and, last but not least, Kento Kaku as Hisashi Suō, one of the game's strongest players ever, and the current holder of the title of meijin.

Anything else ...?
May 3, 2017 10:47 PM
Oct 2008
According to tweets by Suetsugu, the original character's name is pronounced as Wagatsuma Io (with no 'ri'). Suetsugu also made the effort to say that while she understands the sentiments of people who are saying that having an original character does not make it Chihayafuru anymore, Wagatsuma Io is a great character with lots of Chihayafuru spirit blown into her. "She is definitely my child!", was what Suetsugu tweeted as well.

It seems like Suetsugu is really excited about the movie, so I think that it is a project the fans of the original work can look forward to! Apart from the new character, the 3rd movie seems to stray even further from the original storyline with the lack of 2nd years and Hanano and Akihiro coming in as 1st years instead. However, seeing that it has the blessings of Suetsugu, I believe the quality and essence of Chihayafuru will still be present.

My greatest curiosity is on how different the ending between the original work and movie trilogy will be. :o
StarrieNiteMay 7, 2017 5:35 PM
May 6, 2017 8:25 PM
Jul 2018
Ah, nice to have that pointed out. Io instead of Iori for the pronunciation of 伊織, that is really good to know. Maybe they'll put furigana into some of the press-releases going forward. Always curious what the decision making process is behind deciding names in the "Chihayafuru" universe and I think this is another confirmation that the names matter. "She is definitely my child!", is such an interesting way of saying it too.

Personally, I really like Suetsugu's excitement and open minded approach towards Koizumi's adaptation process and the finished films. The messages she wrote after the first film started screening are echoed in what you write here as well, based on her Twitter account. I found it nearly impossible not to compare the manga with what I saw on the screen -and to a lesser degree, compare with the animated series- the first time I watched the first film especially, but I didn't dislike that sensation. The urge to compare was less the second time I watched the first film and it never really took the same dimension while watching the second film. I like both films released so far as one story and have tried to compartmentalise them as related but separate entities. Perhaps the ideas behind the final film will make that even easier.

While Sumire and Tsukuba will be newly enrolled first years in the final film, these two new Mizusawa members are therefore perhaps also to some degree film originals since Koizumi may incorporate "character traits" and "episodes" from the "third wave" of club members from the manga - characters who'll perhaps not be cast as individuals themselves: [Tamaru, Hara, Namida and Hashidate]. To some degree some of the original members are also amalgamations of various different characters -who don't appear in the live action version of the story - and reinventions of the characters themselves. With the Chihayafuru spirit blown into them they don't need to be identical. The announcements also reveal that Io Wagatsuma is from Fukui and a member of a HS karuta club named Fujioka East.

Despite already being aware that Koizumi will diverge even further from Suetsugu's manga I'm neverthelss also still really curious what he'll do about characters from other schools. As with the manga, I find myself less interested in the conclusion than in the manner by which we'll reach the foreshadowed moment. If nothing else, they're really well crafted films. The opening sequence really sets the tone, for me...

我妻伊織は「わがつま いお」と読みます。かるたがメッチャ強そう。
https://twitter.com/yuyu2000_0908/status/857041964344107012

A photo of a drawing created by Yuki Suetsugu, on a blackboard on the "Musubi" set, just appeared on the Live Action Twitter account: https://twitter.com/chihaya_koshiki
removed-userMay 7, 2017 12:21 AM
May 7, 2017 3:31 AM
Oct 2008
VersoSciolto said:

Glad to find a fellow Chihayafuru fan who enjoyed the live actions!

I'm really interested in the opening sequence as well, and I think that it's cool how it matches with how the manga started! One of the thing I found the most fascinating during the sequence was how Taichi was not smiling while sitting across Arata. We were all treated to smiling faces of the other three characters, even the Queen, I really cldn't help but wonder the kind of feelings he is having as he sits across Arata. Audience who don't read the original probably wldn't catch what is odd, but as a reader of the manga, I think that it matches with what is happening. Like a, 'it's a possible future', 'is this what will happen in the manga as well?' kind of feeling.

I bought the novelisation of the movies recently so I'm hoping it will shed more light to the character thoughts and feelings!

I saw today's tweets as well snd it seems like they had scenes in the school hall and the cast was wearing hakama! I wonder if it is the introduction of clubs scene!
StarrieNiteMay 7, 2017 4:30 AM
May 7, 2017 8:34 PM
Jul 2018
I think there are, fortunately, quite a few of us who enjoy every version of the Chihayafuru story out there. I've not read the novelisations yet but plan to do so in the future too.

It is hard to resist the urge of seeing the final film as a precursor to the ending of the manga but I really try to keep them all separate as much as I can. Ultimately the adaptations are the interpretations of different people than the original author and I think they all make that quite clear. It has been among the most difficult to understand decisions for me why the opening panels of the manga weren't incorporated into the first episode of the anime, for example. and that decision immediately set the anime series apart as a different story, as a parallel universe. For the films different decisions were made as well. The story diverged right after those opening shots and I'll always miss the dynamic between Chihaya and Chitose, for example, but just as the anime works on its own so does the film cycle, imo. Soon to be trilogy...

The tweets are all tantalising. I want to know what's going on, on set, and can't help speculating -and quite possibly spoiling myself- about elements of this new story-line and its unique characters- based on those snippets of information released.

Based on your observation about the Io spelling -or more precisely the pronunciation since the kanji remains the same- in Wagatsuma's given name, you probably noticed the interesting detail, that the shooting days on the extras casting website are listed using the traditional Japanese counting system. I find it fascinating that they're using the hiragana syllabary to list each day in I Ro Ha order. Day ぃ is already behind us while day ろ is in progress as I type this. Two months of unique activity. It is tempting to wish for it to be 2018 now -so I can see what it all became- but this anticipation is a lot of fun too...
removed-userMay 7, 2017 8:47 PM
May 8, 2017 2:22 AM
Oct 2008
VersoSciolto said:

While I did notice that the days were in hiragana, I didn't notice that it was in the traditional counting system! Always nice to know such extra tibits like this.

By the way, did you purchase the disc sets? The disc sets came with production diaries, and it had pretty interesting comments! I'm quite eager to share and discuss some of the things! Haha!
May 8, 2017 9:52 PM
Jul 2018
This Live Action thread is so crowded, I could hardly find your latest comment... hehe!

The way the days are counted seems especially fitting for a production like this, with so much emphasis on Japanese culture. A little out of sequence. A link to the extras casting recruitment site was added to the slightly reshuffled front page.
ちはやふる−結び−エキストラ大募集

Wonder how long the announcement of the new cast will keep hovering over everything at the start. Interesting what's going on with the cards there. Including, what looks like:

I wish I had a better way to keep up with a daily chronicle... Today and Tomorrow: Extras recruited for two days of filming somewhere in the 23 Wards of Metropolitan Tokyo. Most of the listed locations are in Tochigi Prefecture. Not chronological and the list started there with ち, Chi, searching for volunteers to play roles in a large scale karuta tournament setting, to be filmed in and around Utsunomiya on 5/15 but, for the time being, all the other dates on the schedule list Ashikaga.
That's also interesting as is seeing what kind of people they're looking for. But I wish I knew more. Had a closer view...

The titles of the three films might be good among the first items to address, I suppose, if we’re going to delve further into details and echo “maniac notes” here …. so yes, please give your eagerness free rein -or reign since we’d be talking queens and meijin. Looking forward to anything you have to share. It is probably a good idea to use spoiler tags for information like that though. A lot of people posting in this thread seem to enjoy figuring out information like this for themselves. I’m still hoping, perhaps against better judgment, that fully English subtitled and translated versions of the special sets will be released, including the Diaries of...

StarrieNite, where did you want to start?

Edit: May 11, 2017
ANN: Chihayafuru Star Streams Live from Sequel Film's Set ... and it looks like the footage of the web cam may have been archived for replay. List on the Live Action movie News page

Funny.

>> 10 more minutes, said the sign... thank you... to cast and staff
... and ... see you next time. << :)
removed-userMay 11, 2017 2:47 AM
May 12, 2017 4:14 AM
Jul 2018
VersoSciolto said:
... but, for the time being, all the other dates on the schedule list Ashikaga.
That certainly didn't last long. The updated page shows Ashikaga for quite a few more days. Followed by some dates in Tokyo after that -but- from the end of May especially nearly all of the dates listed are scheduled for filming somewhere in/around Otsu「大津市」. No mysteries there, I suppose (... except - maybe - where to hang a camera that can be left running for a few hours without giving too much away...) Extras needed in Otsu throughout June... with Kyoto and then Awara 「あわら」(in Fukui) the few exceptions according to the recruitment site as currently scheduled:
http://movies.robot.co.jp/extra/chihayafuru/

removed-userMay 12, 2017 4:20 AM
May 29, 2017 1:56 PM

Mar 2014
Recently there was a new update on the third part of the Chihayafuru Live-Action Movies.

As I am referring to this entry by link, I'm going to repeat some of the previous mentioned comments to give an (hopefully) complete overview on the recent situation. Thank you all very much and please continue to support your favorite anime.

VersoSciolto said:
According to ANN, "Director Norihiro Koizumi announced at the Sanuki Film Festival 2017 event in Kagawa on Sunday", February 12, 2017 that the "Chihayafuru Sequel Live-Action Film Will Take Place 2 Years Later. Filming starts this spring for movie showing Chihaya as third-year high school student."

Read the full article here> Chihayafuru Sequel Live-Action Film Will Take Place 2 Years Later

VersoSciolto said:
On April 26, 2017 ANN relayed: "Chihayafuru Sequel Film Reveals 4 New Cast Members, 2018 Opening"
Let's put this up front: "Suetsugu has approved the film's script"

This third film will conclude the series and will be titled "Chihayafuru Musubi"「ちはやふる -結び-」. One of the most interesting aspects of this announcement is the casting of Kaya Kiyohara as Io Wagatsuma [我妻伊織]. Interesting because she will play "Chihaya's film-original rival", signaling Koizumi's further departure from Suetsugu's manga story.

Something to look forward to, as are the performances envisioned for: Mio Yūki as Sumire Hanano, a girl who falls in love with Taichi on first sight, and joins the karuta club; Hayato Sano as Akihiro Tsukuba, a new member of the karuta club and, last but not least, Kento Kaku as Hisashi Suō, one of the game's strongest players ever, and the current holder of the title of meijin.

As it seems the movie is in it's production:

VersoSciolto said:
The way the days are counted seems especially fitting for a production like this, with so much emphasis on Japanese culture. A little out of sequence. A link to the extras casting recruitment site was added to the slightly reshuffled front page.
ちはやふる−結び−エキストラ大募集

Today and Tomorrow: Extras recruited for two days of filming somewhere in the 23 Wards of Metropolitan Tokyo. Most of the listed locations are in Tochigi Prefecture. Not chronological and the list started there with ち, Chi, searching for volunteers to play roles in a large scale karuta tournament setting, to be filmed in and around Utsunomiya on 5/15 but, for the time being, all the other dates on the schedule list Ashikaga.

Edit: May 11, 2017
ANN: Chihayafuru Star Streams Live from Sequel Film's Set ... and it looks like the footage of the web cam may have been archived for replay.

To everyone who was referred to this entry: Please read through this forum as well to get more informations on this topic and more insights. I limited this entry to include the most important informations on this topic.

To all writers of this forum: Thank you for your replies, I'm very happy I found your entries here, please keep up your effort and please, please keep us updated with new informations. I'm especially grateful to VersoSciolto who shares many insights and articles on this topic. Thank you very much!

Furthermore, I think we should all share our love for this franchise more with others, there are so many people interested in anime and live-action movies, who don't know about Chihayafuru. Almost everyone, I showed this series, really likes it. In addition to that the live-action movie is one of the very few good adaptions on the market which I think are pretty good. I'm looking forward to new updates and hope we all will be blessed with a third season for the anime as well.

If you're interested please also visit the forum Chihayafuru season 3 !?
which focusses on updates of the third season and as it is for now on the wish to get it. More replies on this forum would show a bigger interest in the sequel series for sure as well. ;)

Edit: Just found another thing! The Chihayafuru anime gets english dub!

Chihayafuru Anime Gets English Dub

I think this makes it more likely to be recognized by the international community! Yatta! :D
FlueckliMay 29, 2017 3:01 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2017 7:20 AM
Jul 2018
Just stumbled onto the info that both films will be screened at the Toronto Japanese Film Festival
Saturday June 10, 2017
http://jccc.on.ca/tjff/chihayafuru-part-i/
Saturday July 22, 2017
http://jccc.on.ca/tjff/chihayafuru-part-ii/

Nice to see they're still in circulation at such events.
Jun 8, 2017 9:46 AM

Jun 2017
Chihayafuru, seasons 1 & 2, were both really good. But I hope if these become a live action they are better than the OVA special for it. Because that was shit compared to the seasons.
Jun 10, 2017 9:41 AM
Aug 2012
I just found a stream version of both parts, but the first part doesn't have any subtitles.. but I love the manga and I just finished 2nd season of anime.. I love it so much that I hope I can figure out some translation on my own.. haha
I am going to watch both parts right now and from my "check" it was okay, everything worked, quality really good and 2nd part really had subtitles.. so if it doesn't work now, sorry. :)

1st part (Japanese, without any subtitles)
http://fmovie.io/watch/chihayafuru-part-1-2016.html

2nd part (Japanese, Estream with English subtitles)
http://fmovie.io/watch/chihayafuru-part-2.html
Jun 10, 2017 2:54 PM

Jan 2015
Sandery said:
I just found a stream version of both parts, but the first part doesn't have any subtitles..
1st part (Japanese, without any subtitles)
1st part has sub in kissasian (but I'm not sure it already a better version)

Jun 12, 2017 4:41 AM

Mar 2014
Let's not forget about the possibility to purchase it and support the franchise:

You can buy the live action movies for example on this site:

http://www.yesasia.com/us/chihayafuru-part-i-kami-no-ku-blu-ray-dvd-deluxe-edition-japan-version/1050900459-0-0-0-en/info.html

There are probably other shops selling it online, but be aware of pirated copies. Unfortunately, on some online sites they are selling these.

Please support your favorite series, if possible.
FlueckliJun 14, 2017 4:31 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2017 2:01 AM
Jul 2018
rubylightning said:
Chihayafuru, seasons 1 & 2, were both really good. But I hope if these become a live action they are better than the OVA special for it. Because that was shit compared to the seasons.
Not sure I understand what you mean by "if"?

The OVA was similar in tone to the 4 panel manga extras - the "Omake" chapters - some of which were animated and included in the two recap episodes of both TV anime seasons. It is original and longer but, personally, I like the OVA. I thought it was funny and touching. What didn't you like about it?

The two live action films released so far are also loosely based on the manga and they too are the work of someone who isn't the original mangaka. Like the animated series the two existing films are reinterpretations and I've enjoyed them as such. They aren't copies of the manga but are new stories told with live actors.

Via the official twitter account, the cast and crew have announced their arrival on location at Omi Jingu in Otsu where they'll continue the filming of Koizumi's third and final live action film. Scheduled for theatrical release in 2018 and set primarily in the third year of Chihaya's time in high school. Posted June 13, 2017 - dressed for the occasion. Two posed pictures:

Be Love's Twitter feed showed a preview with panels of manga chapter 183 released today and promised special shots from the film inside the magazine. Sumire features prominently in the preview panels.

But to get back to your if ... Chihayafuru has already become two live action films. Perhaps you haven't seen them yet? As Petalview indicated they're available for purchase on disk - though unfortunately not with English subtitles. They're still screened at certain film festivals too. Did you have different live action film adaptions in mind?
Jun 29, 2017 8:01 PM
Jul 2018
「ちはやふる終了
お疲れ様でした」

「 撮影は全て終了しました。
皆様ありがとうございました!!」

It's a wrap!

To all the thousands of participants:

お疲れ様でした!

Editing...
removed-userJun 30, 2017 8:42 PM

More topics from this board

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3385 by lcee_15 »»
49 minutes ago

» This is one the most gay music vids i have seen^^

tsukareru - 2 hours ago

0 by tsukareru »»
2 hours ago

» BEST WEEZER SONG???

removed-user - Jan 29

5 by Eternal_Rest »»
3 hours ago

» What sort of songs do you listen to ? ( 1 2 )

scarydragon - Aug 1, 2023

52 by Eternal_Rest »»
3 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7586 by juanlqr »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.