Forum Settings
Forums

Something's wrong with my profile, broken/bugged link?

New
Jul 22, 2016 1:07 PM
Jul 2018
Hello MAL team, I have been on this website since 2014 and haven't reported anything weird or wrong at all.
But lately, somethings wrong with my profile.
I'm not really sure if I can post these kinds of questions here, but I don't really know what else i can do...
So I apologize if I am misposting this question
Here I go

Problem 1:
My profile "thumbnail?" on the upper right corner is showing a part of saber's hair only instead of the usual full mini version of my profile pic.

Problem 2 (most disturbing one):
When i click the link to my profile on the upper right corner (or any link to my profile in general)
I sometimes get directed to this account instead
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Undefined?q=undefined%20
I have no idea of whats going on and this problem occurs usually when I login.
I haven't been opening MAL lately for about 2 weeks as I was busy with Real Life
(I usually open it almost everyday and it never happened to me before),
and was really surprised when this problem occured. I thought at first it was just a minor bug or something and scoffed at it thinking it would be a one time thing. But its not really stopping. It always happens to me whenever I open MAL now (its getting super weird and creepy tbh) Is someone messing with me? or is it a bug? maybe an MAL prank/easter egg? I don't know...
Can you guys please help me??? I really love MAL and don't want anything bad to happen to my account and MAL in general. Please reply soon :'(
Tasukete... Kudasai... (sorry couldn't resist using weeb language haha)

Jul 22, 2016 1:37 PM

Oct 2015
MonsieurMonz said:
Problem 1:
My profile "thumbnail?" on the upper right corner is showing a part of saber's hair only instead of the usual full mini version of my profile pic.

It's a bug, and I think no answer to this problem have been found yet. Don't worry, it's not that bad (moreover, only you can see that thumbnail).

MonsieurMonz said:
Problem 2 (most disturbing one):
When i click the link to my profile on the upper right corner (or any link to my profile in general)
I sometimes get directed to this account instead
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Undefined?q=undefined%20
I have no idea of whats going on and this problem occurs usually when I login.
I haven't been opening MAL lately for about 2 weeks as I was busy with Real Life
(I usually open it almost everyday and it never happened to me before),
and was really surprised when this problem occured. I thought at first it was just a minor bug or something and scoffed at it thinking it would be a one time thing. But its not really stopping. It always happens to me whenever I open MAL now (its getting super weird and creepy tbh)

I don't know the cause nor an solution, however, I don't think you should be panicking so much ^^, on my side, the links work well. If you have trouble accessing your account, you can as well type http://www.myanimelist.net/profile/MonsieurMonz directly.
Jul 22, 2016 2:46 PM

Oct 2015
Problem 1: For months, but only happened to few people, for some reason.

Problem 2: Actually it may be a total coincidence XD, that guy nicknamed himself Undefined, and while loading the profile page you clicked on, I think that it is set as "undefined" while it waits to get the user's username, so it may load it by error while the querry is unanswered. x)
I don't think I'll be able to help you further. Good luck ;)
Jul 22, 2016 11:43 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
@MonsieurMonz:

Problem 1:
This isn't an old bug, it appeared only a few days ago and will hopefully be fixed soon. More information about it in this thread.

Problem 2:
Which browser are you using? And are you using any userstyles, userscripts or add-ons/extensions for MAL? If so then disable everything and see if you still have the problem (or try it with a browser that has none of these things).

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3372 by GARFIELDD666 »»
11 minutes ago

» I can't use forums using Windows High Contrast anymore

vasipi4946 - 2 hours ago

0 by vasipi4946 »»
2 hours ago

» [Reported] Username being auto-pasted into search bar

DariTheWeeb - Feb 19

49 by DeadPiles »»
4 hours ago

» IP ban glitch?

AverageRiceFan - Apr 21

2 by hich4n_ »»
10 hours ago

» ishinashi has 300 alt accounts and counting ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Jun 16, 2023

127 by Spunkert »»
Today, 6:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.