Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 22, 2016 3:35 AM

Feb 2016
Yo! So I like to buy physical manga and I've been ordering my manga from an online bookstore in my country. But lately I've been a bit annoyed with the quality of the manga when it arrives (some arrive scuffed and so on) So for my next order of about 15 volumes I was thinking of trying out Amazon. So I was just wondering if any of you have any experience with buying manga from Amazon and if so is it worth it?
Jul 22, 2016 8:33 AM
Jul 2018
I can speak for Amazon France, but I guess it's the same everywhere (I hope).

Everything that I bought directly from Amazon was in perfect shape, no issue here. If you buy from third party stores, obviously the quality is variable: the main issue is that each vendor has his own definition of "good", "medium", et cætera quality. So sometime a "good" quality is (near) brand new while for other, it can be quite used.

The expedition is normally done in 24h, and the shipping time is standard, if you have no issue with your order. Personally I had two issues up until now. Dunno why but the expedition was delayed, the first one for 3 days, while for my current one, if everything is fine this time, it will be 11 days of delay.
Jul 22, 2016 9:12 AM

Oct 2013
m8, amazon is legit! They always come in tip top shape. I bet manga is the same. i'm gonna order Gantz from there.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Jul 22, 2016 9:21 AM
Jul 2018
Amazon is great, everything they ship comes in 10/10 condition and if you fork over the money for prime then life is good. Their prices are pretty good too, but rightstufanime's winter sale beats them.
Jul 23, 2016 9:54 AM

Jun 2013
I've bought mangas (and other things) at Amazon and they were all in good condition. The mangas and books I bought from Book Depository were are all in good condition.
Jul 23, 2016 11:27 AM

Feb 2016
Great to hear! I have to import from Amazon UK so for a large order it might be worth it! ^^
Jul 23, 2016 11:54 AM

Dec 2015
I always order through Amazon and I've never had a problem with the quality of the manga. I also recommend ordering through the Wordery or the Book Depository.

Jul 23, 2016 12:26 PM

Jan 2013
I don't know about everyone else but I've had varying experiences with Amazon.
I've had some come in in perfect condition and others come in with dented/scratched covers, really bad shelf wear, etc.
It's never been TOO bad but it is what it is.
Barnesandnoble has been roughly the same as Amazon.
I believe the best place I've ever ordered manga from is Rightstuf, came in 10/10 perfect condition. The packaging was some of the best packaging I've ever seen when ordering books/manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2016 12:30 PM

Jan 2016
If you are looking for french books amazon.fr is good but if you looking for english i recommend you
"rightstufanime.com"
Great website to buy anime and manga never got any problems
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2016 2:14 AM

Oct 2014
Manga are books and are generally sold by Amazon themselves so your quality will be assured. I've gotten one volume from Amazon and I have another volume coming in the mail (for some reason I generally only buy a volume at a time and only buy one volume per manga).
Jul 24, 2016 7:24 AM

Jun 2013
_EndlessParadox_ said:
If you are looking for french books amazon.fr is good

Amazon.ca also has books and mangas in French, it's where I buy mine, because Chapters Indigo don't have mangas in French and their selection of books in French is quite limited.

Canada has 2 official languages: English and French.

More topics from this board

» Why so much ntr in manhwa?

TheRacist11 - 4 hours ago

0 by TheRacist11 »»
4 hours ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

396 by Reisho-Teki »»
Yesterday, 4:11 PM

» 50,000 Manga Titles Translated by AI Are Set to Come Overseas

deg - May 6

9 by cody »»
Yesterday, 3:13 PM

» How to create one big file from many manga chapters for Kindle or other e-readers

MTJN - Yesterday

0 by MTJN »»
Yesterday, 6:29 AM

Poll: » Is "grittiness" in manga bad?

Tenderizer79 - Yesterday

0 by Tenderizer79 »»
Yesterday, 1:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.