Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 16, 2016 5:15 AM
Nov 2014
Hey guys, so since last year, I brought up this idea that revolved around as an Anime/Manga/Light Novel story of one whole school year....here's the setting and story (I'm not good, but please bear with me):

"In April 7, 1986, the day known as "Black Monday" happened. A series of terrorist attacks broke out all over Japan, including a bombing of 3 high schools, which resulted over one thousand deaths, including the Prime Minister of Japan.

As a response, the Japanese government successfully installed a new program in which 8 high schools around the country will have advanced and tactical firearms training, resulting over 30 thousand people below the age of 22 joining the Japanese Self Defense Force.

It is the year 2016, 30 years since the event and we follow the lives of two second years from different schools, a girl, Misaka Yuuki, affiliated with a mercenary corporation/private military company and a boy and her rival, Tsugumi Mitsuya, affiliated with the Japanese Anti-Terrorist unit, the Special Assault Team (Both are studying in different high schools), as they attempt to investigate and find the leader of the terrorist organization that is not only responsible for "Black Monday", but also responsible for the murder of one of their childhood friends 12 years ago on the Chiba Attacks."

Genre - Romance, Comedy, Drama, School, Action, Shounen, and Ecchi (Little bit of Ecchi)
Episodes - Unknown
Number of arcs - 5 to 10 arcs, remains unknown

If you're thinking what I'm thinking, yes, Japan is the "America" of Asia with high schools having students learning to shoot guns and stuff.
Note that the both of them are different characters. Spoilers ahead.
This came up a year ago and I can't believe this is what I thought of....
What are your thoughts on this? Is it absurd? Good? Mixed? Leave it as a comment.
Anyway, thanks for reading!
AkariLilaAug 12, 2016 7:37 AM
Jul 16, 2016 5:47 AM

Jul 2016
I wouldn't say it's too weird all things considered.
In this alternate universe so to speak Japan got hit by heavy terrorist attacks so having more armed forced to deal with such threats seems logical enough.

Though the private military contractors and high school setting reminds me somewhat of 'Hidan No Aria'.
Give that series a look incase you wanted to have a but more insight in how you could build a world like that. But take care to leave out the silly supernatural elements that Hidan no Aria had.
Jul 16, 2016 5:56 AM
Nov 2014
Oh, I forgot to add that there will be no supernatural, magic, or superpowers in the thing I'm gonna make.

More topics from this board

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

7 by Vapor_AU »»
9 hours ago

» The Poetry thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheConquerer - Sep 17, 2015

220 by 707supremacist »»
9 hours ago

» What software(s) and hardware(s) do you use for digital drawings?

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

18 by 707supremacist »»
9 hours ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

363 by nin-tendo »»
Yesterday, 12:25 PM

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
Apr 25, 6:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.