Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2016 11:13 PM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So I went through the whole series just because I saw it being included in the latest SRW game. For what it is, I think it was pretty enjoyable, and the Great Might Gaine is pretty sweet looking mech. That Perfect Cannon should be deadly in V, lol.

One, thing though. Aren't Maito and Sally a little young to be getting married? They're like 16/15 years old.
Dec 15, 2016 6:26 PM

Jan 2013
thedestinedblade said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So I went through the whole series just because I saw it being included in the latest SRW game. For what it is, I think it was pretty enjoyable, and the Great Might Gaine is pretty sweet looking mech. That Perfect Cannon should be deadly in V, lol.

One, thing though. Aren't Maito and Sally a little young to be getting married? They're like 16/15 years old.
That's Japanese culture/laws for you.
Besides, the dude is pretty damn rich.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Feb 25, 2022 5:56 PM

Apr 2009
holy dang mother of-
did this G- all ages, anime just viscerally impale a guy on a gigantic drill through his stomach, nailing him to the back of his robot-control hut, and bleeding out ALL OVER the place?!
HOW!?! is this still G for all,?!

like, the amount of humans being shot dead on-screen in this season has been way high,
the amount of blood and bleeding- also way high,
and now THIS!?
holy crap!

rated G- for all ages=
viscerally gunned-down giant robots on screen,
impaled robots "bleeding" on screen,
humans bleeding on multiple occasions,
humans being shot dead on screen, on multiple occasions,
a guy being impaled by giant drill right through his stomach and bleeding out all over the cockpit with blood effing EVERYWHERE,

FINALLY THEY'RE USING THE GIANT TRAIN!
...barely.

wow, that was probably the best ending of a yuusha-series i've seen thus far,
which kinda irks me cuz, while the artstyle of this one was especially good compared to the others, it also was the most mediocre of the seasons thus far; not bad but not good either,
dang.

whelp, since i accidentally missed this one after exkaiser, fighbird and da garn and went straight to goldran, then dagwon, now it is time finally for j-decker!

final thoughts on Might Gaine;
if they had pushed the story a bit further, upped the age-rating, and trashed the "monster of the week" thing, this could have been much more than what it is. -fleshed out some of the characters, since we barely know any of the robots aside Gaine himself, this could have been way better. overall, kinda "meh" experience until these final episodes. i appreciate the blood and gore we got.
KonaniFeb 25, 2022 6:00 PM
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuusha Tokkyuu Might Gaine Episode 16 Discussion

Konani - Feb 21, 2022

1 by Keytee1 »»
Sep 8, 2023 12:17 PM

Poll: » Yuusha Tokkyuu Might Gaine Episode 46 Discussion

Konani - Feb 25, 2022

0 by Konani »»
Feb 25, 2022 4:52 PM

Poll: » Yuusha Tokkyuu Might Gaine Episode 34 Discussion

Konani - Feb 22, 2022

0 by Konani »»
Feb 22, 2022 9:33 AM

Poll: » Yuusha Tokkyuu Might Gaine Episode 9 Discussion

Konani - Feb 21, 2022

0 by Konani »»
Feb 21, 2022 3:55 AM

Poll: » Yuusha Tokkyuu Might Gaine Episode 5 Discussion

VVill - Jan 18, 2019

0 by VVill »»
Jan 18, 2019 3:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.