Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 28, 2016 12:15 PM

Oct 2014
I am watching Kaiji (at 7 ep atm) and some things are bothering me:
-Where did he get scissors card in the fight with the blonde guy? I mean, he was in possession of 10 rocks, 4 papers and 2 scissors till that moment, and after the fight they didn't fuss about having problem to draw. Later, we got an information that Kaiji had 5 scissors. So what, he bought 4 more? Why would he do that and why weren't we informed about it? Or were we?
-Why was there odd number of all cards on the floor for the most of the time? Cards were supposed to disappear in pairs. Okay, the 3 cards of the guy who tried to flush them in toilet, were taken out of the game, but as we were informed later, the board was left untouched, so there should always be an even sum. When Funai wanted to redistribute cards, the score board was showing for rock/paper/scissors 38/15/38 and then 38/15/37 for no reason. Why?
-They say, that if Kaiji had 30 rocks, 5 scissors and 34 papers, given the board was showing 38/15/37 respectively, he would have a chance to defeat scissors with 80% probability. Like seriously, where the hell did they get that number? If there were 15 - 5 (of Kaiji) - 3 (of flushed cards) = 7 scissors, 8 rocks and 3 papers on the floor, then, given a rock card, the probability of getting into a fight with scissors (=win) would equal 7/18 which is far far away from 80%. What's the author's math?
KropicielJun 29, 2016 6:09 AM
Aug 7, 2017 6:05 AM
Jun 2016
but if the other player
Kropiciel said:
I am watching Kaiji (at 7 ep atm) and some things are bothering me:
-Where did he get scissors card in the fight with the blonde guy? I mean, he was in possession of 10 rocks, 4 papers and 2 scissors till that moment, and after the fight they didn't fuss about having problem to draw. Later, we got an information that Kaiji had 5 scissors. So what, he bought 4 more? Why would he do that and why weren't we informed about it? Or were we?
-Why was there odd number of all cards on the floor for the most of the time? Cards were supposed to disappear in pairs. Okay, the 3 cards of the guy who tried to flush them in toilet, were taken out of the game, but as we were informed later, the board was left untouched, so there should always be an even sum. When Funai wanted to redistribute cards, the score board was showing for rock/paper/scissors 38/15/38 and then 38/15/37 for no reason. Why?
-They say, that if Kaiji had 30 rocks, 5 scissors and 34 papers, given the board was showing 38/15/37 respectively, he would have a chance to defeat scissors with 80% probability. Like seriously, where the hell did they get that number? If there were 15 - 5 (of Kaiji) - 3 (of flushed cards) = 7 scissors, 8 rocks and 3 papers on the floor, then, given a rock card, the probability of getting into a fight with scissors (=win) would equal 7/18 which is far far away from 80%. What's the author's math?

But if the other player plays rock, then it would be a draw..so the possiblity of NOT losing is 15/18 which is around or more than 80% I believe..

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaiji Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 25, 2007

76 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Kaiji Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 14, 2007

90 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Kaiji Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 12, 2007

67 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 1:57 AM

Poll: » Kaiji Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Dec 8, 2007

125 by DevilsMayMew »»
Mar 30, 12:08 AM

Poll: » Kaiji Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Nov 23, 2007

136 by DevilsMayMew »»
Mar 28, 11:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.