Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 29, 2016 1:11 PM
Oct 2013
frostmourn said:

LMAO, I didn't like that either; would've preferred him dead as one of the most epic villains in the series (many of the events had him pulling the strings in the background). But it was acceptable to me because he at least stayed dead for 2 arcs LOL and it was said that he directed the entire power of Etherion to the sky hence saving himself from getting disintegrated (but yeah, he should've stayed dead).

I did say that I wouldn't have minded Gajeel coming back at the end of the arc. Because now, what was the point of his death anyway?

Anyways , what do you interpret from that page (just curious)? I interpret that even if gajeel wasn't taken to the underworld he still would've "eventually" died like meruem and royal guards from HxH
Edit: if that statement wasn't there, I would've accepted that comeback as legit

Sigh, I think you´ve misunderstood what happened here because of the term "magic barrier particles". In that panel he says "magic barrier particles" a term that we´ve seen for the first time. In every other panel since the Tartaros arc they always spoke about Anti Magic particles. Rarely the term Ethernano or antiethernano was used, but at this point I´m not sure if it´s the same.

I don´t know if you´re familiar with the science fiction behind teleportation.
With that I mean "beam us up Scotty". According to the theory behind teleportation a body has to get disintegrated first (turned from mass into energy) on a atomic level then travel in the form of energy from one point in the universe to another and then reconstructed as mass again.

Meaning that Bradman turned first himself into a lump of energy (magic particles) in order to fight them without being feasibly damageable. Gajeel beat him in his Dragon Force mode (or whatever it is). Which lead to Bradman touching him while he was dissolving, therefore sharing his condition with him as a final attempt to drag him to death with him. Gajeel would have died through teleportation by leaving out the step of reconstructing him. But because Irene intervened she reconstructed his body by mistake.

Gajeels condition has nothing to do with the poisoning through "Anti magic barrier particles", therefore it´s incomperable with Meruem who died due too radiation poisoning. It´ll probably turn out that he build up an immunity and while it´s poisonous to others to him it´s doping, because they include iron and iron is his element food.
IsterioJun 29, 2016 1:39 PM
Jun 29, 2016 1:40 PM
Apr 2016
Isterio said:
frostmourn said:

LMAO, I didn't like that either; would've preferred him dead as one of the most epic villains in the series (many of the events had him pulling the strings in the background). But it was acceptable to me because he at least stayed dead for 2 arcs LOL and it was said that he directed the entire power of Etherion to the sky hence saving himself from getting disintegrated (but yeah, he should've stayed dead).

I did say that I wouldn't have minded Gajeel coming back at the end of the arc. Because now, what was the point of his death anyway?

Anyways , what do you interpret from that page (just curious)? I interpret that even if gajeel wasn't taken to the underworld he still would've "eventually" died like meruem and royal guards from HxH
Edit: if that statement wasn't there, I would've accepted that comeback as legit

Sigh, I think you´ve misunderstood what happened here because of the term "magic barrier particles". In that panel he says "magic barrier particles" a term that we´ve seen for the first time. In every other panel since the Tartaros arc they always spoke about Anti Magic particles. Rarely the term Ethernano or antiethernano was used, but at this point I´m not sure if it´s the same.

I don´t know if you´re familiar with the science fiction behind teleportation.
With that I mean "beam us up Scotty". According to the theory behind teleportation a body has to get disintegrated first (turned from mass into energy) on a atomic level then travel in the form of energy from one point in the universe to another and then reconstructed as mass again.

Meaning that Bradman turned first himself into a lump of energy (magic particles) in order to fight them without being feasibly damageable. Gajeel beat him in his Dragon Force mode (or whatever it is). Which lead to Bradman touching him while he was dissolving, therefore sharing his condition with him as a final attempt to drag him to death with him. Gajeel would have died through teleportation by leaving out the step of reconstructing him. But because Irene intervened she reconstructed his body by mistake.

Gajeels condition has nothing to do with the poisoning through "Anti magic barrier particles", therefore it´s incomperable with Meruem who died due too radiation poisoning. It´ll probably turn out that he build up an immunity and while it´s poisonous to others to him it´s doping, because they include iron and iron is his elemental food.

Your explanation actually makes perfect sense here, I'm a physicist by passion Lol.

I highly doubt Hiro thought this though, but yeah it makes sense
Jun 29, 2016 1:46 PM
Oct 2013
frostmourn said:

Your explanation actually makes perfect sense here, I'm a physicist by passion Lol.

Hiro isn´t as much of an idiot people make him out to be.His curse of contradiction is actually quite a genius concept I haven´t seen in Shounen before.
He´s also a proven fan of science fiction and given his age, it wouldn´t surprise me if he was a fan of Star Trek growing up.
What happened makes sense by the loose rules FT has, as much sense as shrinking a tumor can heal cancer.
Jun 29, 2016 1:56 PM
Apr 2016
Isterio said:
frostmourn said:

Hiro isn´t as much of an idiot people make him out to be.His curse of contradiction is actually quite a genius concept I haven´t seen in Shounen before.
He´s also a proven fan of science fiction and given his age, it wouldn´t surprise me if he was a fan of Star Trek growing up.
What happened makes sense by the loose rules FT has, as much sense as shrinking a tumor can heal cancer.

I have no doubt about Hiro's abilities, contradiction and etherion (rave and even fairy tail) were amazing.

I just wonder whether he meant that here since I doubt whether he's even trying in fairy tail at this point (the battles so far speak). He is probably just tired now and wants this to get over ASAP
Jun 29, 2016 2:20 PM
Oct 2013
frostmourn said:

I have no doubt about Hiro's abilities, contradiction and etherion (rave and even fairy tail) were amazing.

I just wonder whether he meant that here since I doubt whether he's even trying in fairy tail at this point (the battles so far speak). He is probably just tired now and wants this to get over ASAP

Doubtful, the series is his baby, he claimed that FT was around the halfway point during chapter 340 , we have at least 100+ chapters to go from 500 onwards. His problem doesn´t lie in his creativity but his pacing. He takes too much time for buildup than decides inbetween that he wants to showcase the next plotpoint when the one he dedicated all the buildup is only halfway done which makes the whole setup obsolete and missleading.

This is why I said that he loves to involve Bs that doesn´t fit into the current storyline just because his mood tells him too.
The best resent example would be Brandish and her Bathtub scene. Although Brandish was foreshadowed to be a goofy character with comedic moodswings that doesn´t take her duties seriously, it was out of place. From an authors perspective it would have made more sense to place those scenes after the war arc was done or before it started. As much as I hate the fanservice chapter after the giants village arc, it was well placed. It was complete and utter filler and it´s sole contribution was Warrod used to be a FT member, but it wasn´t distracting from current developments, like a raging war. He just couldn´t fit it in the first meeting and instead put it into the war arc. It´s not that he didn´t care, but his priority was not to showcase the severity of the ongoing war, but that Brandish is a goofy character that´ll eventually become Lucy´s friend.

Given this knowledge and the development we had to this point I´m assuming that his intention is to end Zeref´s story around chapter 500 to then introduce Ank Sheram as the final villain to the story, meaning that his minions would require to be overcome first before the final encounter can happen which will conclude in a final timeskip that´ll show all the character with their children 10+ years later.

Edit: I just remembered that he used Brandish lackey to dispell Jacobs ability. I know, we all wanted to forgett about him, but he´s a prime example of Hiro putting thought into the interaction of abilities he introduces.
IsterioJun 29, 2016 2:47 PM
Jun 30, 2016 5:03 AM
Dec 2014
That eye seemed to be hot, but when showed that giant Makarov, became boring. >.>
Jun 30, 2016 6:15 PM

Mar 2015
Pretty much a set up chapter.

3.1/5
Oct 7, 2016 4:56 AM

Dec 2015
What is the connection between Erza and Eileen??
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 11, 2017 5:56 AM

Dec 2014
well I knew there was a connection there of erza and alfeen
Aug 15, 2018 11:05 AM

Feb 2013
Gajeel will be super embarrassed to see Levy now.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.