Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 24, 2016 12:52 AM

Sep 2014
Lucky for you that you are able to maintain the series that you are watching :3 but sometimes in my case I do have to drop because of some iterative scenes :(
Jun 24, 2016 12:53 AM

Apr 2013
"Am I the only one who..." -> No.

I also never drop anime, my dropped stuff consits of shows I watched as a child and never finished.
Jun 24, 2016 12:57 AM

Nov 2008
I like to finish everything I can at some point. But then again I can enjoy all kind of series depending on the current mood, there's lot of people who really can't spare the time so I can understand why they would want to watch stuff that appeals to them.
Jun 24, 2016 1:02 AM

Sep 2015
My motto is why bother wasting time with something I don't like. Drop and move onto the better stuff.
Jun 24, 2016 1:05 AM

Feb 2016
He has only watched 80 anime per 1700 eps.. it s normal he hasn t yet dropped a show but when he starts finding identical anime with identical settings and the same stereotypes characters i m sure he ll start dropping them... like i did..
Jun 24, 2016 1:12 AM

Apr 2010
There are many posts about people who don't drop, so... no, you're not the only one.

Jun 24, 2016 1:15 AM
Jul 2018
HecticLeo said:
My motto is why bother wasting time with something I don't like. Drop and move onto the better stuff.

^This

Unless I know that it takes time to start, there's no reason at all to suffer more.
Jun 24, 2016 1:45 AM

May 2012
@CrashD I believe that you are a tolerant and patient person who is open to the anime you watch and like to give them a chance. I also feel similarly.

I used to feel bad just looking at the red 'dropped' line on my clean list [that sounded wrong] but maybe when priorities change later or when you have finally chanced on an anime that is gutting you with boredom, you might feel different then, relieved also rather than knowing your wasting your own time.

And there will always be someone like you. I have, in fact, seen most users without any dropped anime. So you are not a masochist.
But if the reason you do not drop anime is because you want your list to look perfect, then you are probably having a common case of OCD.
Fancy Quote
Anime isn't Life
But what's Life without some Anime, NEEEEEEE!!!!!
Jun 24, 2016 1:53 AM

Apr 2016
TheFlowingStream said:
@CrashD I believe that you are a tolerant and patient person who is open to the anime you watch and like to give them a chance. I also feel similarly.

I used to feel bad just looking at the red 'dropped' line on my clean list [that sounded wrong] but maybe when priorities change later or when you have finally chanced on an anime that is gutting you with boredom, you might feel different then, relieved also rather than knowing your wasting your own time.

And there will always be someone like you. I have, in fact, seen most users without any dropped anime. So you are not a masochist.
But if the reason you do not drop anime is because you want your list to look perfect, then you are probably having a common case of OCD.

I can assure you, I don't have OCD haha
Jun 24, 2016 1:59 AM

Jul 2012
Yes you're the only person out of millions of anime watchers that doesn't drop any anime. You are a very special snowflake!

Based on these turn of events maybe you will be rewarded with the power to reset time! Unfortunately you will be too oblivious to notice the well-endowed girls who want to be part of your harem because you're too busy becoming a generic protagonist.
Jun 24, 2016 2:02 AM

Apr 2015
Nope, I'm a completionist too. Drop is for the WEAK!!!
Jun 24, 2016 2:04 AM

Sep 2015
"Am I the only one ...." no.

Just no.

Don't.

No.

You're not a special snowflake.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jun 24, 2016 3:37 AM

Apr 2016
I also stick to watching a show to its entirety partly because I want to develop a full opinion on said show, and partly because most shows I watch aren't that bad that they deserve to be dropped.
yungparaJun 24, 2016 11:33 AM
Jun 24, 2016 3:50 AM

Jul 2015
I did that too at the start and I felt like it was the cool and right way to do it, that was until I forced myself to watch the 4 seasons of Zero no Tsukaima because I started it, from there I just said "I'm not going through this anymore" and started dropping anime if I got bored of it.

Anyways I have to say that I generally drop few anime, most of my drop list consists of airing anime that didn't interest me after giving it a try even if I knew that was probably going to happen.
Jun 24, 2016 3:56 AM

Nov 2015
I don't plan to torture myself any longer, that's why I drop some anime. But there are instances, I give it a try again. Then I find myself regretting that decision.

I'm Mei
i love bunnies 2 death
and pixels

Jun 24, 2016 4:03 AM

Oct 2015
I don't drop anime as well, but I have a different reason...
None of the boring and uninteresting anime I've watched became interesting later on. Or at least that's what I can recall Okay scratch that, Shinsekai Yori's second half was totally worth it.

I don't drop because I simply hate to have anime in my dropped list. I'd much rather put it on-hold (Especially if it's a long runner)

Also, imo, boring anime is not a waste of time... Anime itself is a waste of time, technically speaking. What's to lose if you watch a few more?
OneJun 24, 2016 4:43 AM
Hisoka said:
True love is finding someone whose demons play well with yours.
Illumi said:
Jun 24, 2016 4:09 AM

Jul 2015
I'm not a masochist
i drop easily when i lost interest
Jun 24, 2016 4:14 AM
Jul 2018
i almost never dropped a anime except the last episode of nisekoi, cause i could not stand the stupidity of the mc

but i still would drop a anime if it would be too awful.
Jun 24, 2016 4:15 AM

Aug 2015
Yeah. You're a special snowflake OP
Jun 24, 2016 4:17 AM

Dec 2015
I like to finish whatever I am watching so I can feel justified in judging it.
Jun 24, 2016 4:19 AM

Jun 2016
I end up forcing myself to watch it until the end. As horrific as the anime might be. I'm determined to finish!
Jun 24, 2016 4:21 AM

Jun 2016
One said:
None of the boring and uninteresting anime I've watched became interesting later on. Or at least that's what I can recall.

I don't drop because I simply hate to have anime in my dropped list. I'd much rather put it on-hold (Especially if it's a long runner)

Also, imo, boring anime is not a waste of time... Anime itself is a waste of time, technically speaking. What's to lose if you watch a few more?

Well it's not a waste of time if you enjoy it. Doing anything you enjoy is not a waste of time, isn't that what life is about? Having fun, if you look at it the way you did, you could just call everything in life a waste of time.
Jun 24, 2016 4:23 AM

Dec 2015
If we trust your list, then you have watched relatively few anime, trust me you will find an anime that will piss you off or disgust you. I also agree with you that there are people on mal who have 100 completed anime and 70 dropped, that's just unacceptable imo
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 24, 2016 4:28 AM

Oct 2015
Dakkuuu said:
One said:
None of the boring and uninteresting anime I've watched became interesting later on. Or at least that's what I can recall.

Well it's not a waste of time if you enjoy it. Doing anything you enjoy is not a waste of time, isn't that what life is about? Having fun, if you look at it the way you did, you could just call everything in life a waste of time.
Actually yes, I like to call many things a waste of time, and anime is not an exception. We live to spend/waste/enjoy time. It's the individual's choice how they want to look at it. I'm just telling from my experience, since a lot of shit happened.

I view anime as a way to pass time. Sometimes it's enjoyable, sometimes it's boring (Or I forcibly make it boring for myself). You gotta have it both ways. I mean life isn't a bed of roses...

Or lastly, I think I watch boring anime to make enjoyable anime feel more enjoyable. That's the only logical conclusion I may give you.
Hisoka said:
True love is finding someone whose demons play well with yours.
Illumi said:
Jun 24, 2016 4:30 AM

Mar 2016
nah, there's a bunch of people here and there that also don't drop anime and they're actually called "masochists" I don't get how you guys can not drop an anime tbh..
Jun 24, 2016 4:32 AM

Nov 2014
Well, if watching it has become a chore, why bother? The only chores I allowed myself to go through only come from school and that's plenty enough.
Jun 24, 2016 4:35 AM
Sep 2015
there will be a time when u will feel like dropping a series lol. u got a longggggggggggggg road ahead fellow anime watcher!
Jun 24, 2016 4:39 AM

Apr 2014
I think dropping an anime means not finishing something that people put effort in to making, which is disrespectful imo --> I don't drop.
Jun 24, 2016 4:41 AM

Feb 2015
this are the only thing that i have dropped so far out of 588 show which i have already seen:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/30746/Fushigi_na_Somera-chan
http://myanimelist.net/anime/33021/Ragnastrike_Angels

so, let's consider it no for me.
Jun 24, 2016 5:01 AM
Jul 2018
Why would you waste your time watching something you don't like and are not entertained by it?
Also "I can't judge how good an anime is by just watching a few episodes or even half of them. I need to see all of the episodes to fully judge the show."? If a anime fails to captivate its audicion in the first few episodes then it will rarely get any better later on.
Jun 24, 2016 5:05 AM

Dec 2015
Tevens said:
this are the only thing that i have dropped so far out of 588 show which i have already seen:

Dude how much of a weeb can you be for dropping 30 second ads, er I mean episodes, for such an amazing show, such as, Ragnastrike Angels that has a great and conclusive ending. You should be ashamed of yourself!

@OP

There is no reason for you to watch shows you don't thoroughly enjoy or even like the basic premise of them. Lets put it this way, sometimes I will watch a shoujo anime and they don't have harem tags in them. Halfway through the show I start seeing the elements of a harem it will be dropped. Point is I wanted to watch a shoujo not a harem with girls trying to ruin the main romance in the anime. Things like this happen when shows are tagged wrong and you don't like a specific genre. That's not saying I don't watch harem, I do, but it is my least favorite genre. Most of my dropped would be mainly from harem anime because you will find lots of the same premises, tropes, cliches, character archetypes, whiny mc, inconclusive endings. There's a saying that once you seen one cliche harem you have seen them all (besides a few rare hidden gems that deconstruct the genre completely and are amazing shows).
CejaraJun 24, 2016 5:09 AM
Jun 24, 2016 5:08 AM

Feb 2015
Cejara said:
Tevens said:

Dude how much of a weeb can you be for dropping 30 second ads, er I mean episodes, for such an amazing show, such as, Ragnastrike Angels that has a great and conclusive ending. You should be ashamed of yourself!

i drop it because i didn't enjoy it.
so you mean, i must not drop the show even tho i didn't enjoy it and i want it to end ?
YizelTroJun 24, 2016 5:14 AM
Jun 24, 2016 5:10 AM

Dec 2015
Tevens said:
Cejara said:

so you mean, i must not drop the show even tho i didn't enjoy it and i want it to end ?

I was being sarcastic, the show sucked lmfao. The ending was like what just happned and it was literally 10 seconds of anime and 20 seconds of ads for the game each episode.
Jun 24, 2016 5:13 AM

Feb 2015
Cejara said:
Tevens said:

I was being sarcastic, the show sucked lmfao. The ending was like what just happned and it was literally 10 seconds of anime and 20 seconds of ads for the game each episode.

lol. hard to see you were being sarcastic right there...cause some people like that show too lol xD
Jun 24, 2016 5:16 AM
Apr 2016
I don't see any point in forcing myself to watch something I don't like, anime was meant for entertainment. But I guess everyone's different.
Jun 24, 2016 5:18 AM

Nov 2009
I had a "No Drop" policy for a long time, then I decided that time is more precious than an amount of finished cartoons.

Jun 24, 2016 5:20 AM

Dec 2015
I watch anime all the way from beginning to the end.
I don't drop anime even if I score 1/10.
Jun 24, 2016 5:31 AM

Feb 2016
no. you're not the only one.

it was a pity to drop the series when you put some effort to download it
Jun 24, 2016 8:40 AM

Jan 2013
Sometimes it's neccesary to do it if you don't wanna get cancer. I don't like it though.
Jun 24, 2016 8:51 AM

Jul 2014
Yes you're the only one, next question please.
Jun 24, 2016 8:53 AM

Jun 2016
I drop anime just as often as I follow through in watching them in it's entirety. Some are just too shitty to keep watching, I rather find one that hits the sweet spot.
Jun 24, 2016 9:02 AM

Sep 2015
There is no such thing as "you are the only one". Everyone preference is different, something you like doesn't mean the others will. There is no need to care what anime the members dropped, because it is irrelevant and it won't effect your decision when watching. You are the one that decide whether an anime good or not. If you don't like it, you can continue to watch it or drop it, simple.
Jun 24, 2016 9:06 AM

Oct 2015
CrashD said:
I would assume that if I were watching an anime with hundreds of episodes and I didn't like it, I'd probably not finish it. HOWEVER, whenever I look at user pages on MAL, they all have dropped a ton of anime. Were they really that bad that you couldn't watch it?

Maybe it's just because I have a lot of free time, especially during summer break, but I don't ever drop anime. One reason is that I am very open to any kind of anime, so it's really hard to make a scenario that wouldn't interest me in some way, but the main reason is that I can't judge how good an anime is by just watching a few episodes or even half of them. I need to see all of the episodes to fully judge the show. I'd rather watch an entire anime and have it be shit than possibly miss a great story.

Some shows start off slow and boring, but eventually get really amazing (Soul Eater). Others start of great, but eventually turn to complete shit (Deadman Wonderland). So people who are saying that they only give an anime three episodes or even one episodes look really snobby to me. You might have missed a few really good anime.

I used to think the same way, but after watching shows that literally bored me to death ( comet lucifer, saijaku muhai no bahamut, divine gate ) I took back what I said. Soon, you'll probably drop anime before you know it.
Jun 24, 2016 9:19 AM
Aug 2014
I used to not drop anime too but soon I realized how unhealthy and stupid it is to torture myself by watching something that is a waste of production house's money. You know, you could have found your new favorite in that time while you wasted it on something you do not like. Well, at the end of the day you do what you want.
Jun 25, 2016 9:07 PM

Jun 2013
I torture myself on a regular basis to finish shitty animu.
Jun 25, 2016 9:08 PM

Jan 2016
To be honest, I read this question as "AM I the only one who is a masochist?"
Jun 25, 2016 9:10 PM

May 2016
If I've made it past the first episode, I tend not to drop it. The exceptions being Kiznaiver (stuck it out for 4 episodes purely on the basis that it's Studio Trigger) and K-On! Season 2 (because I got bored and more Azusa is always a bad thing).

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jun 25, 2016 9:41 PM

Jan 2014
I'll never understand why people would watch something they don't like.
“Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore, trust the physician and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.”
Jun 25, 2016 9:43 PM

Jun 2015
Nah, I don't drop any either because it could get better as it goes
Jun 25, 2016 10:22 PM

Oct 2011
I'm here fam

I don't drop because I always give a show a chance, or how far it can go with its goodness/badness.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

58 by bucciest »»
15 seconds ago

» Would you be surprised if someone said your favorite anime was the greatest anime of all time? ( 1 2 )

MeanMrMusician - Mar 28

55 by Scyfher »»
7 minutes ago

» When was the last time you felt happy/satisfied after watching an anime episode? :)

Rinrinka - Mar 27

15 by bucciest »»
14 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts.

Pinoffin - Today

47 by Pinoffin »»
15 minutes ago

» Favorite characters you think are Sadist, Masochist, or Switch

IpreferEcchi - Today

6 by IpreferEcchi »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.