Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 13, 2016 12:31 AM

Oct 2015

In case anyone wants to know the background:
The Lost battalion was the 77th in WWI. They were part of a large joint offensive between U.S. and French Forces in the Argonne. During the Attack the 77th reached their designated position but did not know that the forces on both their left and right flank had been halted miles back. Fearing that losing the 77ths position would result in a devastating counter attack and prolong the war several years led to the men at HQ (the entirety of the 77th being at the front) to lie to the 77th and tell them that both flanks had been secured. By the time Major Whittlesey, commander of the 77th, had found out the truth, they had been cut off and surrounded by German troops. with no support(even being hit by their own artillery in an attempt by friendly forces to help them, only being stopped when a pigeon bearing the message "WE ARE ALONG THE ROAD PARALELL 276.4. OUR ARTILLERY IS DROPPING A BARRAGE DIRECTLY ON US. FOR HEAVENS SAKE STOP IT"). little Food. And only able to communicate by carrier pigeon, they held off almost ending counterattacks for 6 days. Out of 550 men. 197 were killed, and roughly 150 were missing or captured by the time reinforcements were able to make it to them (due to the sheer amount of troops the Germans were diverting from other sections of the line to push them back).

So what do yall think? Any other Sabaton fans here?
OutlawedDrifterJun 13, 2016 2:07 PM
The peasant is bound by the king. The king is bound by the peasants and their kingdom. But the Viking is bound to nothing but themselves.

Jun 13, 2016 4:28 AM

May 2009
Long-time fan checking in.

First off, let's get this out of the way: you're confusing album with single here. This track is called The Lost Battalion, and it's taken from the upcoming album The Last Stand.

Secondly, this album will probably be another masterpiece. None of their albums have disappointed me, and they only seem to be getting better and better.

I hope I can snatch me a ticket for their next tour. I've seen them live since they were support for Dragonforce, and they're always great to see (and hear) live.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2016 5:07 AM

May 2016
Thanks for posting this! I really love Sabaton <3 I was blessed to see them live in Cyprus back in 2011!
Jun 16, 2016 5:54 PM

Apr 2015
Sabaton is one of those bands where all of their songs are masterpieces for me. Some bands have songs or albums that I avoid like the plague, but Sabaton always impresses.
Plus their songs have given me goosebumps on several occasions.
DreadnoughtHMVJun 16, 2016 5:58 PM
Jun 16, 2016 6:24 PM

Jan 2012
@KINGUBERMENSCH thnx for posting this been a long time since i listened to them , my fave still is "En livstid i krig"

Jun 16, 2016 7:09 PM

Oct 2015
AllenVonStein said:
@KINGUBERMENSCH thnx for posting this been a long time since i listened to them , my fave still is "En livstid i krig"

Your very much welcome!

Ive actually found Sabaton several months ago, and i still keep discovering more songs from them. And the one currently on my mind is this one:

The peasant is bound by the king. The king is bound by the peasants and their kingdom. But the Viking is bound to nothing but themselves.

Jun 16, 2016 10:07 PM

May 2015
I like Carolus Rex, haven't really listened to their other albums that much.
Jun 20, 2016 2:55 PM

May 2016
Never had one of their albums disappoint! <3
I went to their concert 2 years ago. Probably the best concert in my life. I hope they'll come back this year.
Jun 21, 2016 2:20 AM

May 2009
Eminem said:

Carolus Rex is IMO their best album so far.

BTW, have you listened to the English or Swedish version?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2016 3:13 AM

May 2015
AO968 said:
Eminem said:

Carolus Rex is IMO their best album so far.

BTW, have you listened to the English or Swedish version?

I've listened to both.
Jun 21, 2016 3:59 AM
Oct 2014
Eminem said:

When I was doing basic military education, I can tell you that we played that album on repeat lol.

Jun 21, 2016 2:53 PM

Jan 2013
I hope it will be better than Heroes, but from what little I heard in those previews in the tour announcement videos I don't have my hopes up. I used to love Sabaton, but they are getting very stale.
Aug 31, 2016 11:32 PM

Oct 2015
With their new album out, i can say i really liked it! The only one that i thought was a dud was Blood of Bannockburn. Here are my favs from the album:

Swiss Guard's last stand:

Sparta:

Rorke's drift:

Winged Hussars:

More topics from this board

» hardcore/skramz/emo/metalcore/post-hardcore/post-metal/blackened/crust

bloodecho - Feb 14

31 by Mattenan »»
4 hours ago

» Anime songs in your playlist

bevarnow - Mar 11

3 by Theo1899 »»
5 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3384 by NiaAlexandria »»
6 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7584 by NiaAlexandria »»
6 hours ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

11 by Toooooooooohru »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.