Forum Settings
Forums

Please stop allowing threads asking about more seasons, they're getting annoying

New
Jun 4, 2016 6:35 AM

May 2008
As someone who uses the "most recent posts" view to browse the forum, I frequently see threads asking about series getting more seasons, when the next season's going to air if it's been announced, etc.

I personally feel like these add absolutely no value or discussion, which is something MAL is adamant against promoting. If OP asks "will we be getting a second season?" the answer is always either "no" or "we don't know/probably not". It takes 2 seconds to search for your answer too.

Sometimes people make these threads before the anime finishes airing, which is incredibly stupid and ridiculous imo. I even saw somebody asking if a certain series was going to get another season despite the manga having being finished, OP having read the manga and the anime in question having been announced as the final/last season.

MAL is a news site. The general rule of thumb should be that no, there is no second season, and if there was there would be something posted about it.

Perhaps I'm being too harsh, but to me these threads are nothing but clutter. It's not a big deal, I know, but it's something that imo should be addressed since, again, they don't promote any kind of discussion. Most of them aren't even "would you like a second season?", either.
Jun 13, 2016 2:13 AM

Sep 2010
Supporting. It's too similar to listing threads:
- Hey, guys, do you think it would be awesome to have another season?
- Yes.
- No.
What the Hell.

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Persona anime are good. Deal with it.
Jun 14, 2016 7:51 PM

Mar 2015
the problem is not the thread it self..

it useful for people that rarely lurking on comunity to know there is possibility it got sequel or not, and knowing it popularity and it's secces... and/or don't have infromation about it original source...

the actual problem is some new account that look like bot account there just simply there, make comment, bumping it, and never comeback...
KumaJun 14, 2016 7:54 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 14, 2016 9:51 PM

Jun 2014
Not important enough imo to worry about.
Jun 15, 2016 12:43 AM

Jun 2015
Supporting this. he honestly are annoying.

set by secret santa ; thank you! ily ♥️
Jun 15, 2016 1:04 AM

Jun 2015
Neutral as half the time, this is where people ask for info beyond the adaptation, the other half is pointless circling.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
Apr 24, 9:57 PM

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 24, 12:26 PM

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Apr 22

5 by Luchipher-Zen »»
Apr 23, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

60 by AgravityBoy »»
Apr 23, 9:09 AM

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
Apr 19, 5:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.