Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 30, 2016 10:21 AM
Oct 2013
zal said:
Isterio said:
Fairy Tail has gone full Bleach mode in this arc.

Elaborate please.

However unpredictability also leads to asspulls which is worse, not that aspulls matter anymore in Bleach or Fairy Tail.

No I´m honestly not joking.

Fairy Tail on the other hand, has a narrative that everyone who thinks a little,sees coming.

Define asspuill please because that´s such a buzzword. If you mean Deus ex machina, well thas true, though Mashima has a chance to excuse his bullshit with a reveal I´m assuming will explain everything.(Not that it´s well written).
May 30, 2016 10:33 AM

Mar 2009
RIP Gajeel. With Acnologia so close its better to spend eternity in hell rather than die for real.
Gajeel exiting the scene would be great. He could return later in the decisive battle against Acnologia allot stronger.

Levy on cover page looked weird.

fairytail/5
May 30, 2016 10:38 AM

May 2015
Isterio said:
zal said:

Elaborate please.

However unpredictability also leads to asspulls which is worse, not that aspulls matter anymore in Bleach or Fairy Tail.

No I´m honestly not joking.

Fairy Tail on the other hand, has a narrative that everyone who thinks a little,sees coming.

Define asspuill please because that´s such a buzzword. If you mean Deus ex machina, well thas true, though Mashima has a chance to excuse his bullshit with a reveal I´m assuming will explain everything.(Not that it´s well written).
I guess you are kinda right. I was referring to full-on war with a lot of filler battles and random power ups, more or less.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2016 11:01 AM
Oct 2013
zal said:
guess you are kinda right. I was referring to full-on war with a lot of filler battles and random power ups, more or less.

Honestly after finishing Naruto and consistenly reading One Piece I can safely say that this is an inherent problem with war arcs.Do you remember who fought at Marineford? Remember how every General (fodder guy) was named.

War arcs in general media, sacrifice time that could be spent on characterization for the sake of showcasing it´s magnitude and scale. Focusing on collective screentime over character development or story progression. Authors cannot really win writing them, because investing too much time on exposition gives it an unrealistic feeling, due to a lack of urgency and without it the audience doesn´t know why things are at stake. Because they aren´t experiencing it. Even Lord of the Rings or The Song of Ice and Fire are guilty of this. It´s an Art to make this filler interesting and not always will audiences agree.

The pacing issues are a common problem of Fairy Tail and not tied to the war arc.
The Bleach war arc suffers from a different pacing problem that is the same that the Dressrosa in One Piece had, lack of focus. B plots are getting started before the A plot is finished and this at a snails pace. Fairy Tail doesn´t have this issue, it´s the opposite. It´s like a balloon being filled rapidly, with hot gas, but instead of bursting when reaching its climax it lets the air flow out casually. Leaving it´s audience with blue balls.
IsterioMay 30, 2016 11:08 AM
May 30, 2016 11:01 AM

Apr 2008
zal said:
Isterio said:

Elaborate please.

I see huge differences. Bleach is never this predictable.
lol, good one (if you were joking)

It's not bleach mode since no one has turned into pokemon rejects
May 30, 2016 11:13 AM

May 2015
Isterio said:
zal said:
guess you are kinda right. I was referring to full-on war with a lot of filler battles and random power ups, more or less.

Honestly after finishing Naruto and consistenly reading One Piece I can safely say that this is an inherent problem with war arcs.Do you remember who fought at Marineford? Remember how every General (fodder guy) was named.

War arcs in general media sacrifice time that could be spent on characterization for the sake of showcasing it´s magnitude and scale giving collective screentime over character development or story progression. ou cannot really win writing them, because focusing too much on exposition gives it an unrealistic feel of lack of urgency and without it the audience doesn´t know why things are at stake because they aren´t experiencing it.

The pacing issues are a common problem of Fairy Tail and not tied to the war arc.
The Bleach war arc suffers from a different pacing problem that is the same that the Dressrosa in One Piece had, lack of focus. B plots are getting started before the A plot is finished and this at a snails pace. Fairy Tail doesn´t have this issue, it´s the opposite. It´s like a balloon filled with hot gas but instead of bursting when reaching its climax it lets the air flow out casually leaving it´s audience with blue balls.
I am not here to start a discussion about bleach but you are not considering the cast that in bleach is exaggerated and a a handful of chapters and infodumps to explain every absurd power of evach enemy just to have them disappear in the following chapter. One piece was way briefer then Bleach with this and the battles made more "sense", kinda.

Still, the amount of random power ups of Fairy Tail is comparable to Bleach in this last arc. They have always been random power ups but this arc it's one after another. Cool but if they are so frivolous then I simply don't care about them. When Gajil used the shadow form was way better and exciting because of the dialogue and attitude he had, now nothing.
Darklight0303 said:
zal said:
lol, good one (if you were joking)

It's not bleach mode since no one has turned into pokemon rejects
lol, true. At least FT power up's are consistently cool.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2016 11:49 AM

Jan 2009
is that the Dragon Force of Gajeel?
May 30, 2016 1:30 PM

Jan 2016
What does August mean with "he's here with me"? I wonder if somehow he saved Serena or his powers, something like that
May 30, 2016 1:31 PM

Apr 2008
RileyReid said:
What does August mean with "he's here with me"? I wonder if somehow he saved Serena or his powers, something like that

I wouldn't read too much into that. AT most he absorbed Serena's magic into his own.
May 30, 2016 2:46 PM

Sep 2014
Dat cover * ^*)
Gajeel x Levy going strong /o/
Guess that's another spriggan down. Maybe spriggan no.12 will actually do something.
May 30, 2016 2:47 PM
Apr 2016
trump54 said:
gajee death flag to the highest

Levy is preggers so she will live on a widowed baby mama

You think Gajeel is gonna die after reading fairy tail for soooo long??

He has plot armour
May 30, 2016 2:51 PM
Apr 2016
sabi-chan said:
MahiSenpai said:
Am I the only one who suddenly broke out in tears?
Gajeel just killed me: "As long as I can keep the woman I fell for safe, nothing else matters". I was screaming at first and then there were many tears.

This!! i almost cried cause this line was so awesome! "the woman I fell for" - i read this part like 100 times before reading ahead :D
now he better doesn''t die!

Chill out, gajeel has plot armour. He's gonna survive by some BS

You seriously cry to this?? Lool. Sorry just had to say it xD
May 30, 2016 3:03 PM
Apr 2016
Isterio said:
Ok before people rally and scream.
THIS MAKES NO SENSE BULLSHIT ASSPULL POWERUP.

What happened here is actually sensical within the realm of Fairy Tail. The power up gained through this process has been used before severall times.

It´s not Dragon Force alone, though a partial component is Dragon Force, as proven by the design. According to the translation this mode is a mixture between Gray´s "curse mode" and Dragon Force.
Probably Hiro´s way of putting Gajeel on a smilar level with Natsu and Gray again, because he doesn´t consider one rival to be sufficient.

Some may question how I came to this conclusion. The established rules for Dragon Force, were to consume particles of the Dragon Slayers element, that has highly condensed magic particles attached to it.Wendy achieved it by eating air near face. Natsu achieved it by eating Etherion or Jellal´s sacred flame.Gajeel never had eaten an enhanced version of his element till now. This power up makes more sense in the context of the story, compared to the asspull steel power up during Tartaros.

Nonetheless he should die due to "curse particle" poisoning by just activating Dragon Force alone, but if the audience accepts that Gray is immune and even capable of blocking curses his ability to survive a curse user should come as no surprise. What happened here was Gajeel achieved Dragonforce/Devil slayer traits, therefore he has an immunity to curses similar to Gray´s.

This is a shit chapter due to other reasons.

Really? Gajeel got the exact same way of power up he got last arc, extremely disappointing IMO.

Levi surviving Bradman's magic barriers and spells for sooo long is BS. Even Tartarus demons can one shot her. Jura one shotted Ogra and almost one shotted pre time skip Laxus. If Bradman>Jura, Levi should be dead by now.

Bradman is now the 2nd weakest spriggan after Brandish (the weakest spriggan as well as the worst character in the arc)

Fairy tail again proves hype means nothing in it.After all that hype Bradman gets wrecked.
May 30, 2016 3:44 PM

Jun 2013
So...Serena was absorbed somehow by August...or then he took the Lacrimas Serena has insinde of him.

Yeah...I just hope Lucy and Natsu are bad Sensor...if they are now in August level I will get pissed off...

NOW WE ARE Talking about....Bradman is Awesome!!! USING ALL TARTAROS CURSE POWERS!!! and Gajeel and Levy are taking a beating!!! I actually hope they lose. Would be awesome!! and really Show us Power of the Sprrigan...but Bradman So Far ahs been impressive...and awesome!

....and GAJEEL ADMITTED THAT HE LIKES/LOVES LEVY!!! IT'S OFFICIAL!

...So....Gajeel make ultimate Sacrifice for Power to defeat Bradman....Gajeel will not rise form this even if he defeats Bradman....Bradman got hype somewhat back and Gajeel only won by this Sacrificial move.
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
May 30, 2016 3:51 PM
Apr 2016
Jarjaxle said:
So...Serena was absorbed somehow by August...or then he took the Lacrimas Serena has insinde of him.

Yeah...I just hope Lucy and Natsu are bad Sensor...if they are now in August level I will get pissed off...

NOW WE ARE Talking about....Bradman is Awesome!!! USING ALL TARTAROS CURSE POWERS!!! and Gajeel and Levy are taking a beating!!! I actually hope they lose. Would be awesome!! and really Show us Power of the Sprrigan...but Bradman So Far ahs been impressive...and awesome!

....and GAJEEL ADMITTED THAT HE LIKES/LOVES LEVY!!! IT'S OFFICIAL!

...So....Gajeel make ultimate Sacrifice for Power to defeat Bradman....Gajeel will not rise form this even if he defeats Bradman....Bradman got hype somewhat back and Gajeel only won by this Sacrificial move.

Who are you trying to fool, we all know nothing will happen to gajeel cause if plot armour.

Bradman already lost all his hype and credentials when Levi survived his magic barriers for sooo long and tanked few of his spells. We all know that Tartarus demons could've one shotted Levi any day, so can the wizard saints but Bradman couldn't? That's BS logic
frostmournMay 30, 2016 3:58 PM
May 30, 2016 4:19 PM

Mar 2012
Next chapter's title feels like a death flag, but then again, its Fairy Tail. It's gonna pull some cheesy shit.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
May 30, 2016 4:51 PM

Dec 2012
Looks like the negotiations with August are not going to end well. Time to get ready for a fight.
Bradman has the curse powers of all the other Tartaros demons.
Gajeel admitting his feeling for Levi. Gajeel looks cool going Dragon Force.
Bradman trying to take down Gajeel with him.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 30, 2016 7:35 PM
Mar 2015
frostmourn said:
trump54 said:
gajee death flag to the highest

Levy is preggers so she will live on a widowed baby mama

He has plot armour

aknologia is on the hunt for dragon slayers
And is nearby, who will be the weakest dragon when h gets their

Plus if levy is pregnant like I think she is then, its defiantly gonna happen, look up someone to remember him by
May 30, 2016 9:42 PM
Jul 2018
Another Spriggan goes down dammit!!!. Seriously what was that??? Another disappointing foe, at least some people was happy with Gajeel admitting his feelings for Levy.
May 30, 2016 9:50 PM

Apr 2014
Holy hell. A confession from Gajeel. Did not see that coming, tbh. With this chapter, you can honestly tell his character development has been pretty good since his debut.

I'm not much of one for shipping, but damn, this has me hype. Come on, next Monday!
"I have to work harder than anyone else to make it! I'll never catch up otherwise...! I want to be like you...! Like you. The strongest hero.""
May 30, 2016 10:06 PM
Sep 2014
Fairy Tail fans: Nobody dies.

Fairy Tail fans: ZOMG!!! Death flags everywhere!!!! Gajeel pleeez don't diessss!!!' D:
May 30, 2016 10:08 PM
Sep 2014
I also love how I've never seen the words "Death Flag" on any Fairy Tail forum until the term became part of an earlier chapter. Now, seriously, "Death flag" has been seen on forums for every other chapter in Fairy Tail despite "nobody dies", right.

This fandom is so pathetic and pretentious lol
May 30, 2016 10:38 PM

May 2014
Rex_Connor said:
So why didn't Bradman use Macro or Kyouka's sensation curse on Gajeel?
That's some plot induced stupidity out there. DF Gajeel is a big time asspull powerup considering he was able to consumbe anti-magic particles. BS. This is as bad as Natsu's fights are in general.

Gajevy still is weird ass pairing. Loli and a raditz wannabe getting it on.
It was stated like 2 arcs ago that Magic-barrier particles have metal in them. Dragonslayer magic enhances to dragon force when it comes into contact with a powerful version of their magic element. For example, the air from face for Wendy and Sacred Fire for Natsu. Gajeel's was the third seal particles. That's not an asspull in anyway, that's just story telling.
May 30, 2016 10:45 PM

May 2014
Really annoying when people complain about asspulls and shit that's just been part of the way this universe works. Magic barrier particles were introduced a long time ago and literally aren't that dangerous unless you inhale them like crazy. Everyone reading this complain how Levy and Gajeel live through it yet it actually has been explained that Gajeel can breath magic barrier particles and Levy is gravely wounded, which is how they work. Hiro-sensei never said Magic Barrier particles instant KO you. I don't know why people are bitching like they should. That's was never how it works, if he changed it so that was how it worked that would be an asspull, the shit you nimrods are complaining about.
May 30, 2016 10:54 PM
Oct 2013
frostmourn said:

Really? Gajeel got the exact same way of power up he got last arc, extremely disappointing IMO.

It´s a different power up and what do you expext? It´s Fairy Tail, it´s enough that this power up did actually make sense within the established rules.
Point being it´s nothing worse from what we´ve already seen, not like it started being that way last chapter.

frostmourn said:

Levi surviving Bradman's magic barriers and spells for sooo long is BS. Even Tartarus demons can one shot her. Jura one shotted Ogra and almost one shotted pre time skip Laxus. If Bradman>Jura, Levi should be dead by now.
Bradman is now the 2nd weakest spriggan after Brandish (the weakest spriggan as well as the worst character in the arc)

The weakest? Last time I checked all of them were atrocious so what´s your point? I understand that there are different kinds of shit nonetheless they´re all shit. Levi surviving is obvious no one from Fairy Tail will die in this series and if he dies he´ll be ressurected through the power of love. Take it for what it is or drop it, there are no surprises in that matter.
frostmourn said:

Fairy tail again proves hype means nothing in it.After all that hype Bradman gets wrecked.

Why are you still surprised? The series stagnates since GMG, the one redeeming factor being the occasional comedy or well written storychapter e.g Zeref backstory, or Igneel returning.
IsterioMay 30, 2016 10:59 PM
May 30, 2016 11:17 PM
Jan 2015
this chapter is actually good until the usual anti-climatic defeat of spriggan..would it hurt to add 1 more fighting chapter with Gajeel using ISD first, Mashima ? seriously...it starts out well , Bradman also quite strong with using tartatos' curse , which can be considered the most dangerous villain at FT beside Acnologia..it's nice seeing Levy's support too and some character development ..especially that Gajeel's line 0.0..it feel more natural compared to Natsu's nakama speech...and ended with anti-climatic..Same formula as previous spriggan..AGAIN AND AGAIN..honestly dissappointed so far with this arc..although I didn't expect that he try to bring down Gajeel with him..
May 31, 2016 12:07 AM
Apr 2016
trump54 said:
frostmourn said:

He has plot armour

Plus if levy is pregnant like I think she is then, its defiantly gonna happen, look up someone to remember him by

Definitely not gonna happen in fairy tail, no one important dies in fairy tail (no igneel and past off screen characters included)
May 31, 2016 12:12 AM
Apr 2016
frankykun13 said:
this chapter is actually good until the usual anti-climatic defeat of spriggan..would it hurt to add 1 more fighting chapter with Gajeel using ISD first, Mashima ? seriously...it starts out well , Bradman also quite strong with using tartatos' curse , which can be considered the most dangerous villain at FT beside Acnologia..it's nice seeing Levy's support too and some character development ..especially that Gajeel's line 0.0..it feel more natural compared to Natsu's nakama speech...and ended with anti-climatic..Same formula as previous spriggan..AGAIN AND AGAIN..honestly dissappointed so far with this arc..although I didn't expect that he try to bring down Gajeel with him..

He's gonna fail in doing that also obviously. Hiro is just trying to create tension for the next episode, while everyone who uses brain knows that nothing is gonna happen to gajeel.
May 31, 2016 12:21 AM
Apr 2016
Isterio said:
frostmourn said:

It´s a different power up and what do you expext? It´s Fairy Tail, it´s enough that this power up did actually make sense within the established rules.
Point being it´s nothing worse from what we´ve already seen, not like it started being that way last chapter.

frostmourn said:

The weakest? Last time I checked all of them were atrocious so what´s your point? I understand that there are different kinds of shit nonetheless they´re all shit. Levi surviving is obvious no one from Fairy Tail will die in this series and if he dies he´ll be ressurected through the power of love. Take it for what it is or drop it, there are no surprises in that matter.
frostmourn said:

Why are you still surprised? The series stagnates since GMG, the one redeeming factor being the occasional comedy or well written storychapter e.g Zeref backstory, or Igneel returning.

Wow man, calm down. I still read fairy tail cause it was my first manga and it used to be awesome; wanna see it through to the end.

I don't hate the manga, I want it to become better cause I like it; it's my first anime that got me to watch animes.

Yeah all were shit till now, but at least they had new abilities. Bradman is a huge recycle and this fight is also a recycle from Tartarus, which was why it was disappointing.

Bradman being this weak after being hyped for more than 20 chapters is a letdown IMO.
May 31, 2016 12:29 AM
Apr 2016
Aiyen said:
I also love how I've never seen the words "Death Flag" on any Fairy Tail forum until the term became part of an earlier chapter. Now, seriously, "Death flag" has been seen on forums for every other chapter in Fairy Tail despite "nobody dies", right.

I only said that no one important dies in fairy tail, I have never mentioned about any death flags in this manga (just saying if one of the people the post is directed to is me)
May 31, 2016 1:03 AM

Nov 2015
Ahoy_NATO said:
Rex_Connor said:
So why didn't Bradman use Macro or Kyouka's sensation curse on Gajeel?
That's some plot induced stupidity out there. DF Gajeel is a big time asspull powerup considering he was able to consumbe anti-magic particles. BS. This is as bad as Natsu's fights are in general.

Gajevy still is weird ass pairing. Loli and a raditz wannabe getting it on.
It was stated like 2 arcs ago that Magic-barrier particles have metal in them. Dragonslayer magic enhances to dragon force when it comes into contact with a powerful version of their magic element. For example, the air from face for Wendy and Sacred Fire for Natsu. Gajeel's was the third seal particles. That's not an asspull in anyway, that's just story telling.

He still inhaled poison. Iron differs from metal. No matter how you want to argue in favour of this BS fight.
May 31, 2016 1:35 AM

Mar 2014
trump54 said:
frostmourn said:

He has plot armour

>2016 and people still think a FT guildmate will die.
May 31, 2016 8:13 AM

May 2014
Rex_Connor said:
Ahoy_NATO said:

He still inhaled poison. Iron differs from metal. No matter how you want to argue in favour of this BS fight.
It was literally explained like a hundred chapters ago that he was the only one who could. Seems like people are just tryna hate. Literally there's no reason to not accept this when he's been the sole person to be able to breath the particles and it would make him the only character that could fight. If there was no character to counter Bradman that would make him needlessly OP and it would be dumb as hell. It would be more BS to accept the fact that Bradman has a power no one can fight and everyone will just die to him.
May 31, 2016 8:20 AM
Oct 2013
Ahoy_NATO said:
It was literally explained like a hundred chapters ago that he was the only one who could. Seems like people are just tryna hate

Can you show me the instance where he is explained to be capable of inhaling the particles? From what I read this chapter I understood that he "demonized" himself to be capable of consuming the poison.

Which is why Levy yells at him to not do it because "there´s no returning from this".Even if it´s not clarified it´s implied that there are repercussions for him becoming able to survive the poison absorption.
May 31, 2016 8:25 AM

May 2014
Isterio said:
Ahoy_NATO said:
It was literally explained like a hundred chapters ago that he was the only one who could. Seems like people are just tryna hate

Can you show me the instance where he is explained to be capable of inhaling the particles? From what I read this chapter I understood that he "demonized" himself to be capable of consuming the poison.

Which is why Levy yells at him to not do it because "there´s no returning from this".Even if it´s not clarified it´s implied that there are repercussions for him taking in the poison.
In the Tartaros Arc, it is explained that magic Barrier particles contain lots of iron and steel, which is why Gajeel has always been able to breath it, because the iron and steel that would normally be poisonous to others. The thing Levy didn't want Gajeel to do is fight Bradmad in his Third Seal mode because in the Tartaros arc, Gajeel almost died to the Tartaros curse powers which is what Bradman was using which worried Levy. I do believe you may be correct that it isn't good for him, though it hasn't been stated how long it will take til it has an effect, it seems like a long time though.
May 31, 2016 8:46 AM

Jul 2012
Hmm i liked the part with august, and the part with gajeel and levi. The only thing i kinda disliked is that this springan felt like one of the weakest compared to the other springan. Yes Gajeel goes Dragonforce but it seems like he only recieved a single hit. The springan at first looked really cool since he had all those tartaros powers, only to see him get 1 shot (i'm aware that it is dragonforce, but i expected at least a few hits and tecniques before he fell. Nice that he tries to take gajeel with him, maybe he at least does something. It felt a bit rushed, the springan defeat that is.
May 31, 2016 8:48 AM
Oct 2013
Ahoy_NATO said:
The thing Levy didn't want Gajeel to do is fight Bradmad in his Third Seal mode because in the Tartaros arc, Gajeel almost died to the Tartaros curse powers which is what Bradman was using which worried Levy. I do believe you may be correct that it isn't good for him, though it hasn't been stated how long it will take til it has an effect, it seems like a long time though.

That wouldn´t make sense in accordance to the pictures.
She starts denying his decisions once he starts breathing in the particles, before that she doesn´t mention her worry although Gajeel was fighting him with regular abilities.
Beforehand she tried to win the fight herself and protect him, something that´s befitting of her character and experiences since she felt useless during the Tenru Island arc where he took the hits for her and actually every other instance where those two fought next to each other. She´s the brain and Gajeel is the muscle. He saves her during fights and she shines during intelligence missions. Those are their established strengths and purposes.

Back to the chapter,inbetween denying his decision and trying to help him, she already had come to terms with her emotional irrationality and was pitying herself for being a weak fighter. This immediately changes once he starts breathing the particles. Her selfpity changes immediately into worry and just the momment when he´s done absorbing them, she literary utters the line "There´s no returning from this".

I just don´t see how this line could be connected in any sense towards her worry about him fighting an enemie that utilizes curses, when she herself fought a guy that utilizes curses and he also fought him just before without her worrying.
It makes no directive sense to put it in this part of the chapter if Mashima wanted to adress her worry about him fighting someone that uses curses.
Also the proper sentence to express this worry would be get outa here, or don´t fight him, not "there´s no going back".
IsterioMay 31, 2016 8:57 AM
May 31, 2016 8:59 AM

May 2014
Isterio said:
Inbetween denying his decision and trying to help him, she already had come to terms with her emotional irrationality and was pitying herself for being a weak fighter. This immediately changes once he starts breathing the particles. Her selfpity changes immediately into worry and just the momment when he´s done absorbing them, she literary utters the line "There´s no returning from this".

I just don´t see how this line could be connected in any sense towards her worry about him fighting an enemie that utilizes curses, when she herself fought a guy using curses and he also fought him before. It makes no directive sense to put it in there. Also the proper sentence to express this worry would be get outa here, or don´t fight him, not "there´s no going back".
Maybe you're right, either way, I still don't think the powerup was an asspull. If Mashima wrote MB particles have metal in them then it was specifically designed as a mechanic for Gajeel to utilize. It may seem BS to some people but I personally think that was Magic Barrier particles intended purpose. We'd never heard of them until Tartaros where everyone in the guild was effected besides Gajeel. Now he is using them to gain Dragon Force, something he didn't do last time since he didn't need it to defeat his enemy (Iron Shadow Slayer Mode).
May 31, 2016 9:14 AM
Oct 2013
Ahoy_NATO said:
Maybe you're right, either way, I still don't think the powerup was an asspull. If Mashima wrote MB particles have metal in them then it was specifically designed as a mechanic for Gajeel to utilize. It may seem BS to some people but I personally think that was Magic Barrier particles intended purpose. We'd never heard of them until Tartaros where everyone in the guild was effected besides Gajeel. Now he is using them to gain Dragon Force, something he didn't do last time since he didn't need it to defeat his enemy (Iron Shadow Slayer Mode).

I wrote a whole paragraph why this is not an asspull to avoid dumb claims.

What ticks me off though is the fact that the mode is described as "Jet Black", maybe I just read too much into it and overanalyzed a generic Dragon Force achievement, but it also looks demonlike.

The only characters that have been associated with the color Black are Zeref, his demons, God Slayers, Gods, that thing that possessed Sting, Sting himself, his Dragon and Gray.

My assumption is that the overall message of Fairy Tail is Gods inscribe predetermined fates. While humans forge their own destinity. Hiro Mashima is giving us hints on the endgame through those small details and the endboss isn´t Zeref but the God who cursed him or something beyond that. Which is why i assume that this mode isn´t Dragon force alone, but a form of demon/dragon slayer hybrid.

This would also explain why he was capeable of hitting an intangible demon body.
Simply put Gajeel used fire to fight fire similar to Gray, although I predict that the final solution is to pour water on the fire.
IsterioMay 31, 2016 9:51 AM
May 31, 2016 9:32 AM

Jul 2010
frostmourn said:
sabi-chan said:

This!! i almost cried cause this line was so awesome! "the woman I fell for" - i read this part like 100 times before reading ahead :D
now he better doesn''t die!

Chill out, gajeel has plot armour. He's gonna survive by some BS

You seriously cry to this?? Lool. Sorry just had to say it xD

i am chilled and i don't think Gajeel will die either, but i am so excited anyway what will happen! will he be rescued by someone? or does he get out of this by himself?
and yes, i cry if things happen, that make me very happy or sad. if you don't, then it's ok but i don't care if you're loughing about how i express my feelings :D
May 31, 2016 11:27 AM
Sep 2014
I bet only girls cry to Fairy Tail lol
May 31, 2016 7:58 PM

Nov 2015
Ahoy_NATO said:
Rex_Connor said:

It was literally explained like a hundred chapters ago that he was the only one who could. Seems like people are just tryna hate. Literally there's no reason to not accept this when he's been the sole person to be able to breath the particles and it would make him the only character that could fight. If there was no character to counter Bradman that would make him needlessly OP and it would be dumb as hell. It would be more BS to accept the fact that Bradman has a power no one can fight and everyone will just die to him.

I'd like to have a panel of this so called explanation.
May 31, 2016 8:48 PM

May 2014
Rex_Connor said:
I'd like to have a panel of this so called explanation.
I believe it's mostly in Chapter 396-397. The Tenchi Kaimei Curse is used which is "The Black Water Curse" that drowns all of Fairy Tail. It's water containing Magic Barrier particles. Gajeel seals his mouth to not breath but then realizes the water has carbon in it (and Torafuzar acknowledges it does) and begins breathing it to power up. Bradman uses the same move in this chapter which is when Gajeel breathes it to enter Dragon Force.
Jun 1, 2016 5:35 AM

Jan 2015
Really liked this chap, though that reaper's magic was a bit... I don't know. But Gajeel confessed... in his mind. Levy didn't hear him but it's still good. The next chapter's title seems interesting.
But I want to see Oracion Seis and Eileen. Hope we get to see them next chap.
MALoween 2017 Candy:
Jun 1, 2016 9:53 AM
Mar 2015
Aiyen said:

Gajeel and Juvia do not have plot armor, over time they have not been improving like the rest of team natsu has, they will not be around for the final battle. That has been my theory for a long time. So ever since that scan of gajeel and levy with the some star blanket, it clicked for me he was not gonna make it. And its about time, I guess he is our neji hyuga
Jun 1, 2016 10:15 AM
Oct 2013
trump54 said:

Gajeel and Juvia do not have plot armor, over time they have not been improving like the rest of team natsu has, they will not be around for the final battle. That has been my theory for a long time. So ever since that scan of gajeel and levy with the some star blanket, it clicked for me he was not gonna make it. And its about time, I guess he is our neji hyuga

It´s just plain cute that people actually still believe Hiro Mashima will kill guild members.
Jun 1, 2016 12:57 PM

Aug 2014
Aiyen said:

To be fair, Makarov had a pretty big one during Tenrou Island.
I think that was the original plan. Need to check.
Jun 1, 2016 2:54 PM

Jan 2016
My man Bradman foddered like that made this chapter cringe worthy.
Jun 1, 2016 7:06 PM

Mar 2015
Gajeel and Levy are both mutual so why not be lovers?

I dont think Gajeel will die because this is Fairy Tail after all.

3.4/5
Jun 2, 2016 3:05 PM

Dec 2015
I'm getting tired of rolling my eyes. mehh.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.