Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 30, 2016 6:05 PM

Sep 2015
Ioryogi-kun said:
Well, bad reviews by general anime audience (not a fan of the manga, that is) don't matter. Those reviews are from those who don't read the manga so they don't know what to expect. I really can't imagine people who have read the manga give reviews expressing concerns about the age difference (duh). The only thing that matters more is DVD/BluRay sales. I'm not sure how reliable is the early sales data that @-Janet referred, but one thing for sure, Super Lovers has quite a big fanbase and it's safe to say that's where most of the money will be coming from (and not from some random reviews from the internet).

Even though I said all that, I too, am feeling skeptical this series will get a second season. Call it a gut feeling. BUT! I'll be really happy if I'm to be proven wrong in the near future XD

Adding on to this, Super Lovers has a HUGE manga fan base and the JP twitter seems to be full of positive reviews. I mean, the animate store in JP even has a SHRINE for RenHaru and I just lost it. Apparently they recreated the cafe too! I saw these on the Super Lovers twitter. It's full of pictures ahaha.

Though I am effy about it's second season, from the way the anime is heading, there's no way they'll leave it on a cliffhanger.

Yeah, the second season depends on the sales of merch and blu-rays, and juding by all the merch that is being pushed out, I think it's safe to assume, with a 70% chance we'll be getting a second season, eventually. There's a lot of material after all.
May 30, 2016 6:22 PM

Sep 2015
Ioryogi-kun said:
ryukan said:
Apparently everything is wrong when the genre is shounen ai you know

True. You wouldn't believe how many times I've been repeating this on the first episode discussion.

Honestly. I'm not a fan of yaoi/bl/shounen-ai so I guess I'm just SL centric, which is funny cause I went in hating this series (see what letting other people's comments influence you does) and came out being absolutely in love with it. Anyway, we have lolis every where, even when we don't need them and once we get a teenage boy who DOES have huge eyes, everyone's quick to yell "SHOTA, IT'S SHOTACON, THIS IS DISGUSTING" and I'm like, okay but where were you with all those erm...Sexy (lack of better word) lolis? There's plenty of examples.

I'm not ragging on people who are into that,I mean it's fictional but it really irks me when people pull this double standards crap.

The only reason I don't refer to Ren as a shota is because he just looks that way in the anime (big eyes, very small) but he looks like a pretty hot (if I do say so myself) teen in the manga. Just, cute things sell I guess. HE'S STILL SO SHORT, glad he hits a growth spurt. Also, if I did refer to him as a shota, I would have to refer to my friend as a loli since she's an adult but has a baby face and is like 4'9. You wouldn't believe the disgusted looks I got when we were dating, I died a little on the inside every time.

Hmm, Ren gives off shota vibes I suppose but the boy can't help his short ness ahaha.
KyofushibibiMay 30, 2016 6:29 PM
May 31, 2016 2:34 AM

May 2010
Best episode yet! More Shima/Ren is just what I wanted. Haru/Ren scenes were fun 'cause not too long. Also, that girl Shima is teaching is super-cute like wth <3
May 31, 2016 11:01 PM

Jul 2012
I love the episode! and I feel like everyone is being unnecessarily rude to Ren :( and I'm so sick of hearing about the age gap the first two episodes were kind of iffy because he did look 5 lol but now he looks of age and I no longer see a problem. I really hate how there's two more episodes left, I don't see why there wouldn't be a 2nd season (there better be!). I'm just so excited by how much BL is coming out recently.
sakibearJun 1, 2016 4:22 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2016 3:39 PM
Feb 2015
sakibear said:
I love the episode! and I feel like everyone is being unnecessarily rude to Ren :( and I'm so sick of hearing about the age gap the first two episodes were kind of iffy because he did look 5 lol but now he looks of age and I no longer see a problem. I really hate how there's two more episodes left, I don't see why there wouldn't be a season (there better be!). I'm just so excited by how much BL is coming out recently.

Well said Sakibear-chan :) People have no problems when there's an age gap between a straight couple but when there's one in a BL everyone wants to make a big deal about it. Do people really hate BL that much :/

In my opinion if you aren't comfortable watching Super Lovers just drop it I find the negative comments unnecessary
Jun 1, 2016 4:25 PM

Jul 2012
-Janet said:

Well said Sakibear-chan :) People have no problems when there's an age gap between a straight couple but when there's one in a BL everyone wants to make a big deal about it. Do people really hate BL that much :/

In my opinion if you aren't comfortable watching Super Lovers just drop it I find the negative comments unnecessary

I agree! If you don't like something drop it lol don't continue to watch it JUST to bad mouth it, that's stupid.
I think the amount of people who hates BL has lowered, it used to get A LOT more hate than it does now so at least that's good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2016 2:08 PM
Feb 2015
sakibear said:
-Janet said:

I agree! If you don't like something drop it lol don't continue to watch it JUST to bad mouth it, that's stupid.
I think the amount of people who hates BL has lowered, it used to get A LOT more hate than it does now so at least that's good.

I know that's what I'm saying if you don't enjoy an anime drop it don't waste your time watching something you hate and will bad mouth it afterwards. What's the point of it? Does it make you feel happy in the inside?

Really I think the hate for yaoi is growing especially with all the Bishie anime coming out this year. Take this thread for an example all you see on there are homophobic males who despise the genre.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1509937&show=150

Check out page 4 comment 187, what the user wrote will have you cringing :/
Jun 2, 2016 2:19 PM

Jul 2012
-Janet said:

I know that's what I'm saying if you don't enjoy an anime drop it don't waste your time watching something you hate and will bad mouth it afterwards. What's the point of it? Does it make you feel happy in the inside?

Really I think the hate for yaoi is growing especially with all the Bishie anime coming out this year. Take this thread for an example all you see on there are homophobic males who despise the genre.

Oh.. I assumed it was being more supported. With all of the LGBT things flying around I assumed people were becoming more accepting.. I read some of the comments in that already actually haha, I never realized how hateful people could be. Yaoi isn't propaganda?? and honestly yaoi is 18+ so young kids shouldn't be watching it anyway! (well at least the smut ones are 18+). The fact that some people are saying you have to be gay to like stuff like this is ridiculous lol.

I mean if this genre isn't your cup of tea that's fine no one is forcing you to watch it. But for you to watch something you KNOW you aren't going to like just so you can make a shitty bias review of it is a waste of time.
Jun 2, 2016 2:40 PM
Feb 2015
sakibear said:
-Janet said:

Oh.. I assumed it was being more supported. With all of the LGBT things flying around I assumed people were becoming more accepting.. I read some of the comments in that already actually haha, I never realized how hateful people could be. Yaoi isn't propaganda?? and honestly yaoi is 18+ so young kids shouldn't be watching it anyway! (well at least the smut ones are 18+). The fact that some people are saying you have to be gay to like stuff like this is ridiculous lol.

I mean if this genre isn't your cup of tea that's fine no one is forcing you to watch it. But for you to watch something you KNOW you aren't going to like just so you can make a shitty bias review of it is a waste of time.

I thought that myself as well but it looks like the more yaoi come out the more the hate grows especially from males. Haha I thought you weren't aware of the thread , well as you can see most of the hateful comments on there came from mostly homophobic males which I honestly don't understand why they hate the genre so much. Is it a crime for two men two fall in love with each other? If they can accept love between two women they surely can accept love between two men don't you think so? :)

Why in the world would he say yaoi is propaganda? Is he butthurt that more yaoi are being adapted into anime lol You don't have to be gay to like yaoi/yuri its something you enjoy watching . It's ridiculous as you say.

I've always said that on every yaoi hate thread there is. If you don't enjoy the genre refrain yourself from watching it. Don't be childish and watch it just so you can express your hate for the genre.
Jun 2, 2016 3:11 PM

Sep 2015
-Janet said:

I thought that myself as well but it looks like the more yaoi come out the more the hate grows especially from males.

I've always thought it's because they're actually self-conscious (of their own sexuality). And it's not limited to things that are clearly labeled shounen-ai/yaoi, but also those with two males as main characters. We'll almost always see comments like "why what that's so gay", "what's this shitty fujoshi bait"... things like that. It's like their gaydar never turns off, always very sensitive to works that feature two men no matter whether they're BL-themed or not.

It's actually kinda amusing, and also annoying because just like you said, they watch it to express their hate for it. even though they actually enjoy it lol
Jun 3, 2016 8:24 AM
Mar 2012
Liked this ep more. Shows more facets of his perviness, & now he wants both shota & loli, cute scenes in the cafe.
Nice character comparisons, but I think Aki's too different from the rest, why he so angry often, what problem he has with Shima?
Smells double standard, Haru assume Shima can't date the middle schooler. Troubled grand/parents, running from home & nice voice reminds me of Kayo from BokuMachi (probably Yuuki Aoi).
Flowers flowers everywhere.
Ren's jp culture integration does sound tough. Smile just smile.
Jun 3, 2016 3:25 PM
Feb 2015
Ioryogi-kun said:
-Janet said:

I thought that myself as well but it looks like the more yaoi come out the more the hate grows especially from males.

I've always thought it's because they're actually self-conscious (of their own sexuality). And it's not limited to things that are clearly labeled shounen-ai/yaoi, but also those with two males as main characters. We'll almost always see comments like "why what that's so gay", "what's this shitty fujoshi bait"... things like that. It's like their gaydar never turns off, always very sensitive to works that feature two men no matter whether they're BL-themed or not.

It's actually kinda amusing, and also annoying because just like you said, they watch it to express their hate for it. even though they actually enjoy it lol

Haha my thoughts exactly but it's honestly pointless to express your hate on a genre you dislike especially when it comes to Yaoi which is the most controversial genre in anime. If you question your sexuality that's your problem just don't go around spreading your hate.

Omg those are stuff I see on threads that I hate especially when some male says "oh more fujoshi shit being made". Are they butthurt not enough Yuri is being made that they find the need to blame it on yaoi. Don't get me wrong I have no problems with yuri but it's not a very popular genre compared to yaoi.

I try to keep it calm when I see all the hate towards yaoi but there are times that someone makes an idiotic comment that makes me lose my cool
Jun 5, 2016 11:54 PM

Nov 2013
Love Juuzen! And that Shima & Aki moments..

P.S.: No one pointed this before., but., did they just change the ending lyrics?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Super Lovers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 6, 2016

236 by Anaoliver_ »»
Nov 24, 2023 5:59 AM

Poll: » Super Lovers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Apr 13, 2016

79 by renandharu_ »»
Sep 12, 2023 3:02 AM

Poll: » Super Lovers Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 8, 2016

58 by Angesubaru »»
Jun 16, 2023 8:09 AM

» How explicit is this?

GreyStoneFlinger - Dec 12, 2022

7 by NekoKyan- »»
Dec 16, 2022 7:52 PM

Poll: » Super Lovers Episode 3 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 20, 2016

40 by Yuwka »»
Nov 6, 2022 2:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.