Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 23, 2016 5:41 PM

Nov 2014
So I've been writing stories for a few years now, and there's one project that I've been working on that I'd like to have turned into a manga. My drawing abilities are rather lacking for what I want and I would like to find people to help me make my world come to life. The writing is just a hobby that I'd like to turn into something bigger, but I'd like to take my time with it and have fun with it.

The title is called Entity Slayer. Mankind is hunted by a force known as the Entity, which devours human flesh and souls. As a response a group formed to fight back against the Entity. This group is called the Slayers simply for the fact that they were made to slay the Entity. It's the common concept of humans and monsters that take their hearts/flesh/soul/etc. and a faction that fights against them.

Hopefully this will be able to spark some interest for artists. If anyone is interested, I would love to hear from you and see your work! And if there are any questions, feel free to ask.
May 30, 2016 9:31 PM

Jan 2011
I don't think its commonality will hold back the potential of the story. I think it's the differing details that make stories stand out from one another. I guess how fried chicken and baked chicken are still chicken inside but how they're made/seasoned makes a difference in experience.

P.S. Sorry about hijacking the second post. I'm not an artist.
Jun 1, 2016 5:09 PM

Nov 2014
I don't think it's potential is limited, in fact I want to make this something exciting to see. I also wanted to use some anime elements at their finest, example being how bone structures seem to be almost impossible to break!
Jun 1, 2016 5:11 PM
Jul 2018
Can you explain further what you mean by "bone structures seem to be almost impossible to break"?
Jun 2, 2016 5:32 AM

May 2016
I'm an artist (with a anime/manga-esque style), and although I prefer to draw lighter and happier things, I think drawing some darker and more realistic stuff might be a good opportunity for me. I'm still learning though, and I've actually planned my own mangas already. Though, for those I'm waiting until my art style improves to a point of supremacy (so like, 2 years from now if I keep drawing the same amount as I draw now). Thing is, before I get to work on my proper manga-styled comics, I need to draw some practice 'mangas'. I'd be willing to help you out, it'll very much further my own artwork. Thing is it might not be top-quality.
http://theultimatekitty.deviantart.com/
The two most recent works are the best example (My art-style is very much constantly evolving, which is a possible downside).
Jun 3, 2016 12:31 AM

Nov 2014
Theworstshow said:
Can you explain further what you mean by "bone structures seem to be almost impossible to break"?

I'm referring to the fact in animated shows and such that people smash through buildings and fall from great heights and normally have everything intact. Whether it be for comical effect or fighting. Of course this isn't always the case, but it's something that's commonly seen in anime and cartoons. I hope that some what helps to better understand what I said, and if not I can try to explain further.
JTwarfreakJun 3, 2016 12:36 AM
Jun 3, 2016 12:37 AM
Jul 2018
JTwarfreak said:
Theworstshow said:

I'm referring to the fact in animated shows and such that people smash through buildings and fall from great heights and normally have everything intact. Whether it be for comical effect or fighting. Of course this isn't always the case, but it's something that's commonly seen in anime and cartoons. I hope that some what helps to better understand what I said, and if not I can try to explain further.

I get what you mean, so you want your anime/manga to be more realistic in that sense then, or you want to follow that theme?
Jun 3, 2016 12:40 AM

Nov 2014
Theworstshow said:

I get what you mean, so you want your anime/manga to be more realistic in that sense then, or you want to follow that theme?

Basically the point of what I'm saying is I want to use it in the sense of having my characters to take more of a beating and still survive.
JTwarfreakJun 3, 2016 12:56 AM
Jun 3, 2016 12:48 AM

Nov 2014
GlitchTheFox said:
I'm an artist (with a anime/manga-esque style), and although I prefer to draw lighter and happier things, I think drawing some darker and more realistic stuff might be a good opportunity for me. I'm still learning though, and I've actually planned my own mangas already. Though, for those I'm waiting until my art style improves to a point of supremacy (so like, 2 years from now if I keep drawing the same amount as I draw now). Thing is, before I get to work on my proper manga-styled comics, I need to draw some practice 'mangas'. I'd be willing to help you out, it'll very much further my own artwork.

I will say I am rather picky on what I want it to look like, but I don't have a specific style in mind so I am more than willing to see what people have to offer ^-^

As for the part of you using it as practice, I'd say that is fantastic. I'm honestly hoping to find people to help me with this so they may help refine their own work as they work with me. And in terms of your art developing, it may not be a bad thing, because it could be an increase of quality in your own style, or maybe even allowing you to be able to use multiple styles. Either way I think it isn't entirely a bad thing.

Oh and your work seems rather good.

More topics from this board

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

7 by Vapor_AU »»
1 hour ago

» The Poetry thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheConquerer - Sep 17, 2015

220 by 707supremacist »»
1 hour ago

» What software(s) and hardware(s) do you use for digital drawings?

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

18 by 707supremacist »»
1 hour ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

363 by nin-tendo »»
7 hours ago

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
Yesterday, 6:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.