Forum Settings
Forums

Add a new board "The Hall of Fame" under General

New
May 21, 2016 10:55 AM

Jul 2015
Forum description:
"The hall of fame is where you can show your appreciation to some of the most notable users, mods, admins etc."

The section is basically a place where you can bring up all your old memories from your time on this website, discussing all your experiences and showing your appreciation to the users that make you keep the smile on your face every time you login.

It can be about anything or anyone you wish to show your appreciation to. Be it a list of your best friends here, your favorite club memories, whoever you think was the best mod/admin, MAL's book of record etc.

e.g.
MyAnimeList > Community > Forums > General > The Hall of Fame > Keion-buta's respect list.

MyAnimeList > Community > Forums > General > The Hall of Fame > Vietnamese users on MAL.

MyAnimeList > Community > Forums > General > The Hall of Fame > MAL - Book of Records.

TyrelMay 21, 2016 2:04 PM
May 21, 2016 11:59 AM

Oct 2014
I think a blog entry would work just as well. If it's just a way to flatter other users then you might want to consider making a game thread with that premise.
May 21, 2016 2:05 PM

Sep 2011
Sounds like a place to circlejerk which I'm against, so I'll have to say no.
May 21, 2016 3:25 PM

Aug 2014
I don't really see the point. Just use your profile for memorable stuff you'd like to save. Or if you're in a club, make a hall of fame in that club.

It sounds like it would just cause a ton of spam and trolling which I'm not too fond of.
May 21, 2016 10:06 PM

Oct 2014
Why? Just why? The only people I respect are listed here: http://myanimelist.net/about.php?go=team&_location=mal_h_m

Just add your "hall of fame" in a your blog or better make them your top friends.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 22, 2016 3:13 AM

Apr 2016
As Iizbakaokay said - this here http://myanimelist.net/about.php?go=team takes care of it. Clubs and blog space are a viable option for doing the things you stated.
I'm not against the idea though, but I see very little use for it. I've seen a similar section on another huge forum and it hardly, if ever, gets used.
Something witty that makes you think I'm funny

Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier

More topics from this board

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
Yesterday, 9:57 PM

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Yesterday, 12:26 PM

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Apr 22

5 by Luchipher-Zen »»
Apr 23, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

60 by AgravityBoy »»
Apr 23, 9:09 AM

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
Apr 19, 5:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.