Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 21, 2016 5:03 AM

Nov 2011
I just recently discovered it. Its like everything I need for music player. Being able to find new songs and download them while playing them with incredible speed in your player is so good. No need to google on the internet and browse through sketchy website to get a new song in my phone anymore and its actually legal.

Its not as good without the premium but if you can't afford that, you shouldn't have a smartphone.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 21, 2016 5:32 AM

Jun 2013
Not for me since it isn't available in the country where I live.
I always youtube --> mp3 whatever songs I want since I'm cheap as hell.
May 21, 2016 5:36 AM

Mar 2014
lots of music i like isnt on there. also don't listen to music on my phone.
M.P.D.S./F.O.A.D.
May 21, 2016 6:12 AM

Aug 2015
Tomboy said:

well you can use vpn.. i tried spotify it was good but after 30 days of trial the ads will kill you...if you want same experience as spotify try musicbee player but you've to customize a little bit though
ultravigoMay 21, 2016 6:25 AM
May 21, 2016 6:15 AM

Jun 2013
ultravigo said:
Tomboy said:

well you can use vpn.. i tried spotify it was good but after 30 days of trial the ads will kill you...if you want same experience as spotify try musicbee you've to customize little bit though

I don't know why even with the VPN on that I can't access it. I tried it once when on holiday in America but the ads gave me cancer.

Thanks for the suggestion but I'll most likely stick with the youtube-mp3 way since I have very specific songs that spotify cant load.
May 21, 2016 6:23 AM

Aug 2015

well first use a vpn>sign up with that vpn with your email address(don't ever never sign up/login with fb account) download desktop app > login with your id and password....but after 2-3weeks spotify will track you and log you out in that case login into spotify web player by using vpn and you can again use it but after 30 days the ads will anyway give you cancer..
May 21, 2016 6:25 AM

Jun 2013
ultravigo said:

well first use a vpn>sign up with that vpn with your email address(don't ever never sign up/login with fb account) download desktop app > login with your id and password....but after 2-weeks spotify will track you and log you out in that case login into spotify web player by using vpn and you can again use it but after 30 days the ads will anyway give you cancer..

Thanks I'll try that. Good thing that I have a number of email addresses (for games and all) to use xD
May 21, 2016 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
gizter13 said:

Its not just on the phone though, its on PC too. With one account, you can have the same music and playlist on your smartphone and PC which is great for me since I also listen to music on my laptop a lot. God, to transfer music from PC to my smartphone and vice versa has always been tedious but I never have to do that again. Don't start on recreating my playlist all over again.

May 21, 2016 6:34 AM

Mar 2014
KaiserNazrin said:
gizter13 said:

Its not just on the phone though, its on PC too. With one account, you can have the same music and playlist on your smartphone and PC which is great for me since I also listen to music on my laptop a lot. God, to transfer music to PC and my smartphone has always been tedious but I never have to do that again.

i listen to records or cd's when i am at home. lots of my favorite bands arnt, and will never be on spotify. so dont see any point in using it.
is probably fine if youre almost only into more polulair artists.
M.P.D.S./F.O.A.D.
May 21, 2016 7:25 AM

Aug 2015
Tons of artists I listen to are not available on spotify, so I don't find much use for it.
May 22, 2016 10:04 AM

Jan 2015
It has a track record of abusing users' privacy. I won't use it anymore.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/aug/23/the-spotify-privacy-backlash-what-is-my-personal-data-really-worth

They have a history of commercial data-mining going back at least to 2011

Plus I prefer to own the music I listen to. I can access digital copies of any music I want to hear legally or illegally and make my own playlists with the music players I have without all my data being sold. I don't want it
FahtahSenseiJun 1, 2016 6:30 AM
May 22, 2016 10:11 AM

Aug 2013
I use it daily. Even had premium for a while. The ads are fucking annoying and intrusive.
May 22, 2016 10:27 AM

Oct 2009
I love it too! Now I don't even have to DL songs from the internet. Music takes so much space on my phone, so I'd rather stream it via spotify! ~<3 and using the "offline mode" for premium does the same thing lol, so I rarely use it.
As long as I got mobile data, I'm good xD

May 22, 2016 3:43 PM
Jul 2018
None of my obscure music will ever be on there so no thanks. Also I'd rather actually have the files then to constantly waste bandwidth that I could use downloading other things.
May 22, 2016 4:01 PM
Oct 2014
Spotify is great, I use it on a daily basis. Should get premium since the ads are cancer, but ain't nobody got time for that.

May 22, 2016 8:52 PM

Nov 2011
RainHeaven said:
None of my obscure music will ever be on there so no thanks. Also I'd rather actually have the files then to constantly waste bandwidth that I could use downloading other things.

With premium you can download them and play them offline.

May 22, 2016 8:56 PM

Feb 2016
I've had Spotify Premium for a while now. I love it! Any chance i get to listen to music on my phone i use it. I get 50% off since im a student. Thats a great deal imo.
May 23, 2016 5:20 AM

Aug 2015
A lot of bands I listen to are on spotify which is quite surprising because most of them are underground,
but still I use spotify only to try out new album releases or bands because I prefer to buy digipaks and vinyls, it's somehow more personal to me
when I have the material right in my hands
and the amount of money spotify pays to the bands is nothing compared to those who bought the CD or whatever,
even premium doesn't really help the bands to pay their bills except for big bands like Slayer, Megadeth or Metallica who don't really depend on spotify.

But spotify is still better than pirating.

Quick edit:
Spotify is indeed awesome especially the "Your Year in Music".
Trust me you really need to listen to a lot of music on spotify and at the end of the year spotify sums up the amout of music you listened to.
Just google and you will find more about it.
PinuelAndrewMay 23, 2016 5:25 AM
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
Art is never finished, only abandoned.
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

~ Leonardo da Vinci
May 23, 2016 5:21 AM

Dec 2014
Never actually used it.. Will try it though
May 23, 2016 5:59 PM

Apr 2016
I love spotify. Ps4 has an app for it too.

I use the free version and get ads, which aren't bad. Need i tell you i grew up listening to radio which has 10 times more ads and you didn't get to choose what you listened to.
May 30, 2016 5:36 AM
May 2016
Pretty nice experience. Yes there are ads, yes can't listen offline, but hey it's legitimate music service and if I don't have to pirate, then so will I.
May 30, 2016 5:39 AM
Nov 2014
I have no interest in spotify,it seems good I might try it myself
May 30, 2016 6:30 AM
May 2016
spotify is seriously the best thing ever. i cannot function/live without it.
the free trial for premium gets you totally hooked. once u go premium, u cant go back to the free version. its too good
May 30, 2016 2:13 PM
Jul 2018
I hated the song download limit on premium.
May 30, 2016 2:17 PM

Jun 2013
APPLE MUSIC FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS IS BETTER

May 31, 2016 4:56 PM
Jul 2018
Piracy is much more awesome than any of those crappy legal services. My foobar2000 player also makes listening to the shit I download a lot easier than that waste of my memory and RAM that is iTunes, I only use that dinosaur for copying music to my iPod.
May 31, 2016 5:08 PM
Jul 2015
It's very cool. I haven't ever had a reason to pirate music thanks to it.
May 31, 2016 11:53 PM

May 2009
I tried it once, but didn't really find it all that impressive. Maybe it got better over time, but I simply don't care about it anymore.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2016 2:58 AM

Apr 2016
It is a good service, but it has been declining in quality lately, especially when it comes to features and updates, and definitely so for Linux. The last I heard they were dropping official unofficial support for Linux and that sucks big time.

I personally like to listen to music I possess—as no service to this day has held most of what I like—through Banshee on Linux. It is a great music application. I can listen to custom radio channels, if I want! And I do. :)

"Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time."
Jun 4, 2016 12:56 PM

Oct 2014
It's a great way to rip off your favorite musicians. Downloading is nowhere near as bad.
Jun 4, 2016 1:24 PM

Jul 2015
For the fan, yeah. For the artist, not too much. Or so I've heard.
Jun 4, 2016 1:29 PM

Feb 2016
The only thing I like about Spotify is its download speed, which is pretty fast. But there's nothing on Spotify that other services don't offer. Without premium, you can even drown in the amount of irrelevant ads.
Jun 8, 2016 3:11 AM

Jan 2015
dizzyur said:
Piracy is much more awesome than any of those crappy legal services. My foobar2000 player also makes listening to the shit I download a lot easier than that waste of my memory and RAM that is iTunes, I only use that dinosaur for copying music to my iPod.

Yes this ^^^^^ minus any use of itunes.

Although I alternate between foobar2000 and Clementine. My only criticism is foobar can get a bit bloaty and crashy from time to time.

Another thing about Spotify is their tags are a mess and screw up charts on lfm....if that still matters since fail fm went beta..
Sep 4, 2016 10:37 AM
Sep 2016
ultravigo said:
well first use a vpn>sign up with that vpn with your email address(don't ever never sign up/login with fb account) download desktop app > login with your id and password....but after 2-3weeks spotify will track you and log you out in that case login into spotify web player by using vpn and you can again use it but after 30 days the ads will anyway give you cancer..

Hi!! I just created one account in order to discuss more about Spotify here!

Watashi wa Henrique, burazirujin desu, douzo yoroshiku, onegai shimasu =P (studying japanease, lol)

Well, the point is: Spotify has a LOT of "hidden" musics, for example, the band ASIAN KUNG FU GENERATION has the album Best Hit AKG, but all the songs are grayed out...

I was using a VPN here, currently testing all asians countryes before losing my hope, when I found this forum!!

So, my question to you guys is: have any of you being able to listen to these "hidden songs"? How exactly I do that??

Below is a picture on the album that I cant listen:

Here is the link for the album: https://play.spotify.com/album/6Kuh8IJZP4YGmWQ8PDjvRV

If anyone can share a light it, please help!! Have you faced this kind of problem before? Is there a good alternative for Spotify that can access this album and other j-rock material?

Thanks for your help!!!
Sep 4, 2016 10:47 AM

Aug 2015
KiBeZ said:
ultravigo said:

Hi!! I just created one account in order to discuss more about Spotify here!

Watashi wa Henrique, burazirujin desu, douzo yoroshiku, onegai shimasu =P (studying japanease, lol)

Well, the point is: Spotify has a LOT of "hidden" musics, for example, the band ASIAN KUNG FU GENERATION has the album Best Hit AKG, but all the songs are grayed out...

I was using a VPN here, currently testing all asians countryes before losing my hope, when I found this forum!!

So, my question to you guys is: have any of you being able to listen to these "hidden songs"? How exactly I do that??

Below is a picture on the album that I cant listen:

Here is the link for the album: https://play.spotify.com/album/6Kuh8IJZP4YGmWQ8PDjvRV

If anyone can share a light it, please help!! Have you faced this kind of problem before? Is there a good alternative for Spotify that can access this album and other j-rock material?

Thanks for your help!!!

um sorry i stopped using spotify long time ago so i don't know anything about that.Which j-rock album are you looking for?
Sep 4, 2016 11:58 AM
Sep 2016
ultravigo said:

um sorry i stopped using spotify long time ago so i don't know anything about that.Which j-rock album are you looking for?

Best Hit AKG, I know how to "get it" through other ways, lol... I just would like to not go back to these days.... >.<
Sep 4, 2016 2:33 PM

Sep 2015
Browser spotify + adblock, thank me later.

Thank me now actually

I don't actually use spotify since I listen to obscure music that's only on youtube
Sep 4, 2016 3:08 PM

Apr 2015
I miss Grooveshark man.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 4, 2016 3:21 PM
Sep 2016
thegreatnathyboy said:

Thank me now actually

I don't actually use spotify since I listen to obscure music that's only on youtube

I really would like to thank you thegreatnathyboy =/

I did download adblock (and the plus version after), but it still shows the music grayed out...

Are you telling me that you can listen to this album on the link below?
https://play.spotify.com/album/6Kuh8IJZP4YGmWQ8PDjvRV

Could please simulate?

Thanks for your help!! =D
Sep 4, 2016 4:06 PM

Sep 2015
KiBeZ said:
thegreatnathyboy said:

Thank me now actually

I really would like to thank you thegreatnathyboy =/

I did download adblock (and the plus version after), but it still shows the music grayed out...

Are you telling me that you can listen to this album on the link below?
https://play.spotify.com/album/6Kuh8IJZP4YGmWQ8PDjvRV

Could please simulate?

Thanks for your help!! =D

Hmm. Using adblock prevents ads on all my songs that I listen to but I think that album you linked is region locked or something since I can't play it either. Try some other albums and see if they have the same issue
Sep 7, 2016 3:09 AM
Sep 2016
thegreatnathyboy said:

Hmm. Using adblock prevents ads on all my songs that I listen to but I think that album you linked is region locked or something since I can't play it either. Try some other albums and see if they have the same issue

Yes, it is region lock.
I confirmed with people that works at Spotify and they told me that this album should be available in countries like Maylasia and Hong Kong...

That's why I tried to use the VPN and simulate the IP from these countries, but without success...

So, reformulationg the original question: how to listen to songs that are region locked on Spotify??

Thanks!!
Sep 7, 2016 3:32 AM

Sep 2015
KiBeZ said:
thegreatnathyboy said:

Yes, it is region lock.
I confirmed with people that works at Spotify and they told me that this album should be available in countries like Maylasia and Hong Kong...

That's why I tried to use the VPN and simulate the IP from these countries, but without success...

So, reformulationg the original question: how to listen to songs that are region locked on Spotify??

Thanks!!

I think VPN is the only way you can do it. Maybe you can change your country in the spotify settings too but I doubt it will work
Apr 3, 2019 10:56 AM

Mar 2019
I'm just sad that they removed the student verification system and replaced it with a terrible one. Means I have to move to Apple Music, despite having a Windows PC and iTunes running like trash.

My anime review website: https://www.takanodan.net
Apr 3, 2019 11:55 AM

Oct 2018
Still prefer youtube,
and always will
Apr 3, 2019 12:19 PM
Jul 2018
Actually no, Spotify has DRM and spies on their users, so it's not awesome.
Apr 3, 2019 1:19 PM

Nov 2011
for those using Spotify to try and support the song artists:

Yesterday (March 7), it emerged that four major owners of digital music services – Spotify, Amazon, Google and Pandora – had lodged legal appeals against the US Copyright Royalty Board’s recent decision to raise streaming royalties for songwriters (and music publishers) by 44%.

That royalty rise, which previously looked locked in, is now in serious jeopardy.

Apple Music, in contrast, has accepted the new rates, and declined to challenge what’s viewed as an important pay hike for songwriters.

The National Music Publishers Association has led the charge for the songwriter payday, and is outraged by Spotify and Amazon’s new appeals – even accusing Daniel Ek’s company of effectively “suing songwriters”.
Spotify fell out very publicly with Warner/Chappell in India last week, ostensibly over the latter company trying to push up royalty rates for songwriters in the territory.

Rather than agreeing a direct deal with Warner Music Group, Spotify instead attempted to use a statutory license in the region – typically designed for radio broadcasters – to avoid the need to strike a one-on-one agreement.

“That decision of how Spotify treated songwriters in India and in many other situations… is all being tied together by this most recent action of appealing the rate decision,” says Israelite.

“This is a company that doesn’t respect its songwriter partners and that manifests itself in many different ways.”

https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/podcast/wait-spotify-is-suing-songwriters-what-the-heck-is-going-on/
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Apr 3, 2019 2:03 PM
Jul 2018
I dont pay for music, who the hell pays for music
Apr 28, 2020 11:13 PM
Apr 2020
I like to use Spotify in my car through Bluetooth. Music sounds wonderful and I can save the songs om my phone with the help of the Mac Audio Recorder from AudFree. I can listen to millions of songs on my phone with my subscription.
Apr 28, 2020 11:50 PM
Jul 2018
i dont like it bc i dont want to spend money
edit: actually i dont have any money to spend lol im poor
Apr 29, 2020 12:04 AM

Mar 2015
I've been using premium spotify for years and don't plan to cancel unless I can find a truly good replacement, but they really have a lot of issues. Even if you manage to get past all the regional stuff (which is annoying as hell) the software itself is shaky and unstable. I use it primarily on PC and over the years the app just kept on getting worse and worse.. Features stop working, some buttons are not responding, the search algorithm keeps on changing to gods know what, etc., etc..

The funniest thing is that you can clearly see they do regional A/B testing all the fucking time.. I use VPN at home and route through UK while I don't at work and the software is just so much different. Some features are completely missing or shit just suddenly stops working. It would be fine if it just happened occasionally but it feels like software changes every day when I use it from work PC...

That being said I have tried other music services and somehow they are all worse...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Post songs that you are addicted to right now

tsukareru - Apr 26

25 by Rhae »»
10 minutes ago

» J Cole vs Kendrick Lamar

Cammell - Apr 5

25 by cody »»
39 minutes ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7617 by SilentAssassin88 »»
40 minutes ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3407 by SilentAssassin88 »»
42 minutes ago

Poll: » Game of Thrones vs Attack on Titan

DOSS300 - Mar 26

23 by Strahan »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.