Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 20, 2016 2:36 PM
Sep 2015
You know in the opening song yes? Why does the guy say DONT KNOW DONT KNOW?

skip to 1:12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu0HjPzFYnY

ochako had so much fun jumping from joy with her gravity power.
I felt like dragging her back and telling her to clam down.
May 21, 2016 3:56 AM

Jan 2015
hailanth said:
The bigger the hype, the bigger the disappointment.

Also the less people care/watch a certain show, the less votes it will get.

Does this logic work here

It's not like a really care about Japan, because Boku no Hero Academia is awesome.
May 21, 2016 4:06 AM

Mar 2009
Japan, as always, is wrong.
May 22, 2016 6:21 AM

Apr 2011
ichii_1 said:
Cause Bones is overrated as hell, the only good thing they did was fma brotherhood and that's only because it fit their dry non passionate work.

That's some BS u never watched Eureka Seven. Thats easily one of the best anime's within the last 15 years.
May 22, 2016 9:45 AM

Jun 2008
I don't see why, even though I haven't read the manga it seems pretty well executed.
May 23, 2016 9:57 AM

Sep 2014
Well, you do have to count in the fact that some anime are more popular than others. People most likely know Boku no Hero more than Mayoiga which is an original anime. Also, I think we would need more than that many voters to have a more general idea on what Japan thinks is "disappointing".

However, I do understand that Boku no Hero was quite rushed. Maybe that's why? The pace was pretty rushed in comparison to the manga, but other than that isn't Boku no Hero leaning more towards what we Westerners love? Superheroes? All-Might seemed to be Americanized, but I do love the show (the opening's really catchy).

I can see why they wouldn't like Mayoiga though. Even I thought Mayoiga would be like Another or any other horror anime. Nothing really scary happened in that show as of now.

Ace Attorney is another case (no pun intended). The animation is pretty lacking, but it is an adaptation. Adaptions are usually for the originals to gain more fame and money, unless it's for a different case. I do, however, admire all shows in their own right. I'm still watching these "disappointing" shows as of now. I still wonder what we think is disappointing though... Someone should make a poll!
May 23, 2016 12:48 PM

Jan 2013
Sounds about right, the show just isn't that good.
May 25, 2016 7:01 PM
Sep 2015
bastek66 said:
Top4 of titles have their objective faults:
1. BnHA - made too fast, slow pace for 1 cou. According to http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/05/06-1/bones-studio-panel-at-machi-asobi-vol-16-reveals-rapid-production-schedules production started before even first volume of manga was out in Japan. This is main reason why it's only 13 eps. They (TOHO) wanted to cash in as fast as it's possible with anime and merchandise (for example game on 3DS).
It would be much better if they waited a year more for more material and made first episode 1h long like Re:zero or Aquarion Evol.

2. Mayoiga - people expected Mizushima will make another slasher-murderfest like Another of Blood-C.

3. Bungo - Looks like fujobait but Atsushi gets love interest etc. Similar to Zetsuen. No suprise fujoshi were disappointed.

4. Ace Attorney - cheap as fuck, probably by same A1 team as Denpa Kyoushit.

if academia was still 2 cou it would more or less still have the same level of success. It wont make a huge difference and that excuse of it being short isnt that strong
May 25, 2016 8:09 PM

May 2009
WhiteFlamee said:
bastek66 said:
Top4 of titles have their objective faults:
1. BnHA - made too fast, slow pace for 1 cou. According to http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/05/06-1/bones-studio-panel-at-machi-asobi-vol-16-reveals-rapid-production-schedules production started before even first volume of manga was out in Japan. This is main reason why it's only 13 eps. They (TOHO) wanted to cash in as fast as it's possible with anime and merchandise (for example game on 3DS).
It would be much better if they waited a year more for more material and made first episode 1h long like Re:zero or Aquarion Evol.

2. Mayoiga - people expected Mizushima will make another slasher-murderfest like Another of Blood-C.

3. Bungo - Looks like fujobait but Atsushi gets love interest etc. Similar to Zetsuen. No suprise fujoshi were disappointed.

4. Ace Attorney - cheap as fuck, probably by same A1 team as Denpa Kyoushit.

if academia was still 2 cou it would more or less still have the same level of success. It wont make a huge difference and that excuse of it being short isnt that strong

Adaptation would reach better arcs later on which would make it better.
May 25, 2016 9:25 PM
Sep 2015
bastek66 said:
WhiteFlamee said:

wont make it that much better. So with a season 2 its going to do extremely well?
May 25, 2016 9:43 PM

Mar 2015
WhiteFlamee said:
bastek66 said:

wont make it that much better. So with a season 2 its going to do extremely well?
it's simply make boost maintanced more longer, more long it become topic = more popularity... at this point, the boost already declined...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 9, 2016 9:31 PM

Dec 2015
bastek66 said:

te i knew something was off when i saw the ep of 0kara crusoe *anime.com might need to rewatch the series
seeing the first ep after seeing 10.........................a lot changed didn't it?

Apr 9, 2017 5:49 PM
Aug 2016
normalanimefan said:
According to Akiba Souken, this is the most disappointing anime of this season.

Here's the link

Then, why it rated pretty high here when the opposite happened in Japan?

Edit: It's only 1000 votes anyway.

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.

The ratings are actually high man.
It beat naruto shippuden's final episode.
Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-03-30/japan-animation-tv-ranking-march-20-26/.114147
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2016

262 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
May 10, 10:15 AM

» Useless Quirk Theory

Sir_Zedmore - May 4

17 by MYZS-Chist »»
May 9, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

438 by TheVistrian »»
May 3, 6:24 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

334 by TheVistrian »»
May 3, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

277 by TheVistrian »»
May 3, 6:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.