Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (15) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 17, 2016 7:42 AM

Apr 2015
I don't know how this looks bad O.o

To me that's pretty spot on with the LN design.

Besides there are other shots that portrait them better like this one

Jun 17, 2016 7:51 AM
Jun 2011
Fappa said:
I don't know how this looks bad O.o

To me that's pretty spot on with the LN design.

Besides there are other shots that portrait them better like this one

will there be some suffering in thise episode or it just calm before the storm type of episode
Jun 17, 2016 7:59 AM

Apr 2015
elior1 said:
will there be some suffering in thise episode or it just calm before the storm type of episode

It's the start of a new arc so it's a given that it will start out slow and calm before it gets real :)
Jun 17, 2016 8:00 AM
Jul 2015
@Fappa: a compare with manga version, but I will wait for the next episode to have an overall view
DirtyOldGuyJun 17, 2016 8:05 AM

Jun 17, 2016 8:01 AM
Jun 2011
i wonder if we will see the new opening next week
Jun 17, 2016 8:08 AM

Apr 2015
machixmachi said:
@Fappa: a compare with manga version, but I will wait for the next episode to have an overall view

Once again the manga is no proper reference for comparison to see what's wrong and what's right. The anime is closer to Julius's and Willhelm's intended design of the LN than the manga.
Jun 17, 2016 8:15 AM
Jul 2015
Fappa said:
machixmachi said:

Once again the manga is no proper reference for comparison to see what's wrong and what's right. The anime is closer to Julius's and Willhelm's intended design of the LN than the manga.

I don't want to compare it with LN because here

It's really bad, no doubt

Jun 17, 2016 8:25 AM

Apr 2015
machixmachi said:

At least make it sound like an opinion otherwise this comes across as really dumb :P
I don't see a problem at all with the design of those two characters besides we've seen only about two frames with them
Jun 17, 2016 8:30 AM
Jul 2015
Fappa said:
machixmachi said:

I don't see a problem at all with the design of those two characters besides we've seen only about two frames with them

because of that, I will judge once again after episode 12 airing :)

Jun 17, 2016 8:37 AM

Apr 2014
machixmachi said:
Hongu said:
I wouldn't know anything about the pacing, but Julius and Wilhelm look pretty bad in this preview...

same here..........
Julius has like no detail on him at all, at least in that shot. It just looks lazy compared to the other designs.
And they somehow managed to make Wilhelm look fat, lol. He just looks off to me.
But maybe it'll look better in the episode, who knows.
Jun 17, 2016 8:49 AM
Jul 2015
Hongu said:

And they somehow managed to make Wilhelm look fat, lol. He just looks off to me.

Wilhelm reminds me of some guys from Dirty Old Man tag LOL (j/k)

Jun 17, 2016 8:52 AM

Apr 2014
machixmachi said:

That's not how Julius looks in the LN and don't you realize both have different artists?
Jun 17, 2016 9:00 AM

May 2016
machixmachi said:
Hongu said:

Wilhelm reminds me of some guys from Dirty Old Man tag LOL (j/k)

lmao he went from badass grandpa to fat, dirty old man in the course of 1 preview LOL. hopefully it will be better in the episode tho.
Glock Perfection is an oxymoron.

"A 9mm only kills your body. The 45, that kills your soul." CN 2013
Jun 17, 2016 9:07 AM
Jul 2015
Z4k said:

That's not how Julius looks in the LN and don't you realize both have different artists?

of course I know that. I just despair about the details. And I will wait for more frames

Jun 17, 2016 9:15 AM

Apr 2014
machixmachi said:
Z4k said:

of course I know that. I just despair about the details. And I will wait for more frames

Jesus you guys have really high standards. It's just one shot and it's not even that bad.
Jun 17, 2016 9:23 AM
Jul 2015
Z4k said:
machixmachi said:

Jesus you guys have really high standards. It's just one shot and it's not even that bad.

No no, I just want to see some detail frames in anime, not at all. It's reason I will wait for next ep :)

Jun 17, 2016 9:28 AM

May 2016
Hmm they look fine to me.

That old dude doesn't look fat wtf...
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Jun 17, 2016 9:46 AM

Mar 2010
Yeah, I'm with @Fappa we probably wait until the episode to judge the design transitions from the LN>anime. One frame isn't going to tell you much. The anime hasn't been as detailed as LN's art from the start anyway (par course for LN adaptations really), but otherwise it has been pretty good to decent.

Koyomo said:
wow, so many new characters.

Yeah and this just the tip of iceberg on that front. XD

Ramiel00 said:
Well, 13 episodes for 6 volumes, they will cut something for sure.

Or at least shorten some things. Eitherway it should be expected. Plus volume 4 is just introductions.

elior1 said:
episode or it just calm before the storm type of episode

Suffering in this series doesn't happen randomly. It usually occurs for pretty specific and reasonable reasons (i.e if Subaru is caught by an assailant or someone targeting Emilia's camp etc) otherwise there a lot neutral or light-hearted scenes too. It's not a show that is dark for sake of being dark, but being dark when needs to.
Iron_MawJun 17, 2016 9:58 AM
Jun 17, 2016 2:34 PM

Mar 2015
Everyone's probably all over the new girls waifu type materials. Here I am worshiping Rem and Wilhelm~ yeahh maybe some of Subaru, but nah... Wilhelm ftw. Okay okay a little bit of Subaru, you little suffering brat.

I died.

Jun 17, 2016 2:38 PM

Apr 2015
DarklordVor said:
Everyone's probably all over the new girls waifu type materials. Here I am worshiping Rem and Wilhelm~ yeahh maybe some of Subaru, but nah... Wilhelm ftw. Okay okay a little bit of Subaru, you little suffering brat.

I died.

Enjoy the shipping wars while you can. Soon we shouldn't mention that at all anymore because the story differentiates from that.

But yeah Willhelm is best and Crusch bby.

Okay I have to say this is adorable.
Jun 17, 2016 2:54 PM

Mar 2015
Fappa said:
DarklordVor said:

I died.

Enjoy the shipping wars while you can. Soon we shouldn't mention that at all anymore because the story differentiates from that.

But yeah Willhelm is best and Crusch bby.

Okay I have to say this is adorable.

Ahh the shipping wars, I can already see icebergs and salt everywhere. Yup, the real story... soon. Like really soon...

Wilhelm~ Well, okay I don't have second best girl for now, but Crusch is pretty awesome on her own. Can't wait to hear her voice. Especially... the neko-girl's voice... it's gonna be so cute it's weird. Really weird fast..

Of course it's adorable. Look at that face! I can't wait for that smiling scene on episode 12.

Jun 17, 2016 3:00 PM

Apr 2015
DarklordVor said:

Ahh the shipping wars, I can already see icebergs and salt everywhere. Yup, the real story... soon. Like really soon...

Wilhelm~ Well, okay I don't have second best girl for now, but Crusch is pretty awesome on her own. Can't wait to hear her voice. Especially... the neko-girl's voice... it's gonna be so cute it's weird. Really weird fast..

Of course it's adorable. Look at that face! I can't wait for that smiling scene on episode 12.

Oh yes can't wait for July to arrive.

You need to have one, especially you ( I'm sorry ._. ).
Have you read her past in the side story? It's just so adorable and heartbreaking
. I also can't wait, especially when "that" scene happens.

Oh Ferris...it will be funny to look at. But this only means more work for us because we have to explain how she is actually a complicated a character and not simply, you know what.

Damn...I give up :D
Jun 17, 2016 3:25 PM

Mar 2015
Fappa said:
DarklordVor said:

Oh yes can't wait for July to arrive.

You need to have one, especially you ( I'm sorry ._. ).
Have you read her past in the side story? It's just so adorable and heartbreaking
. I also can't wait, especially when "that" scene happens.

Oh Ferris...it will be funny to look at. But this only means more work for us because we have to explain how she is actually a complicated a character and not simply, you know what.

Damn...I give up :D

Ah July is so far yet so close...

I... I... I don't want to (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ maybe later... but not now... still need months to make myself forget about the sufferings.

Hmm you mean the one on the EX volume? Not really, but I know that's about Ferris and Crusch.

Ferris nyan nyan. Oh wait, wrong anime. But yeah, she's definitely interesting. I also notice she have some flashback in the EX chapter. Considering her name is in two of the chapters.

You should give up... :D

Jun 17, 2016 4:18 PM

Jul 2014
Man it's bad to hate the MC it's will make you hate whole the series
suffering is good since he make baddass MC but in subaru's case =_____=

also REM IS BEST GIRL !! now we need to find the best boy "since it's not sobaru =_=" i more into taht red hair knight please show me more pf him

anew characters is good thing it;s pooring if you foucs on 2-3 girls ever arc
Jun 17, 2016 7:21 PM
Jul 2015
Now Wilhelm reminds me of Mr.Braun design from S;G
let's see it

Jun 17, 2016 8:28 PM

May 2015
New characters yay! I wonder if we'll see Felt in this episode.

Also, paging my recently favorite translator @DarklordVor to translate the PV please... it sounds somewhat cute.
Jun 17, 2016 8:42 PM

Mar 2015
DarkingDawning said:
New characters yay! I wonder if we'll see Felt in this episode.

Also, paging my recently favorite translator @DarklordVor to translate the PV please... it sounds somewhat cute.

Ehh? Just because I translated for you once or twice doesn't mean I want to translate for you again. But since it is indeed a cute talk, I'll do it :3

Let me pull a Madoka reaction face first.

Okay, rough translation:

Subaru: What kind of smell is the Witch's smell?

Rem: You can't tell it yourself?

Subaru: Well it's hard to notice about your own smell.

Rem: Then, you didn't notice the other smell other than the witch's smell?

Subaru: Eh? Am I smelly?

Rem: Yes. It's a bit aromatic smell.

Subaru: Damn. Ah yeah, I haven't took a bath since the Mabeast incident!

Rem: It doesn't matter. Rem don't hate it at all.

Subaru: Wait, that's not the problem...

Rem: Next time, Return to Capital.

Subaru: Let's beat the Mabeasts already and get into bath!

Jun 17, 2016 8:51 PM

May 2015
@DarklordVor

lol another Madoka face. But you still translated it didn't you? So you are my recently favorite translator :P Thanks I appreciate it.

Question, isn't this a bit misleading or mistranslated at your part (which I would understand since it's not your first language)

DarklordVor said:

Since that feels like inviting Rem on a bath with him lol.
Jun 17, 2016 8:56 PM
May 2015
The preview is getting better and better each days. Though this one feels a little lacklustering since it doesn't seem anything big will happen.
Jun 17, 2016 8:57 PM

May 2015
LightKings12 said:
The preview is getting better and better each days. Though this one feels a little lacklustering since it doesn't seem anything big will happen.

Lots of people has been saying that volume 4 (which is episode 12-13) is just a prologue, which is why this one seems a bit less than the previous episodes one. Especially since this prologue arc will take 2 episodes. Meanwhile it only took one prologue episode for arc 2.
Jun 17, 2016 9:02 PM

Mar 2015
DarkingDawning said:
@DarklordVor

lol another Madoka face. But you still translated it didn't you? So you are my recently favorite translator :P Thanks I appreciate it.

Question, isn't this a bit misleading or mistranslated at your part (which I would understand since it's not your first language)

DarklordVor said:

Since that feels like inviting Rem on a bath with him lol.

Hmm

Subaru said:
とっとと魔獣を倒して風呂に入ろぜ!

Reading: Tottoto maju o taoshite furo ni hairo ze!

Which roughly means: "lets hurry up beat the magical beast and get in the bath!"

Or I don't know... try google translate and they will give you this weird translation:

"To enter the bath to hurry up and defeat the magical beast!"

Jun 17, 2016 9:13 PM

May 2015
@DarklordVor

You still don't answer my question about Subaru inviting Rem to the bath... but I'll take that as a yes?

But then again, he was embarrassed in front of Ram. So, he's probably talking to himself and not inviting Rem to the bath. Though I think Rem wouldn't mind joining him lol.
Jun 17, 2016 11:10 PM

Mar 2010
Eh, does it matter? The dialogues in the preview are always nonsense anyway. Don't think too much about them.
Jun 24, 2016 6:34 AM

Nov 2011
Jun 24, 2016 6:34 AM

Jun 2016
Like always the PV seem awesome, but this cap Inst a bit rush? Idk cuz i only read the manga and i know its a adaptation of the Novel, but for me it seem a bit rush
Jun 24, 2016 6:39 AM

Jan 2015
Nive, can't wait for it.
SteinsYonah said:
Like always the PV seem awesome, but this cap Inst a bit rush? Idk cuz i only read the manga and i know its a adaptation of the Novel, but for me it seem a bit rush

Don't comment if you haven't read the source material, seriously how do you know it will be rushed?

It might be, I don't know, but people like you who say "it seems rushed" without even knowing a bit of the source material, get on my nerves.

I think I should calm down...
Jun 24, 2016 6:40 AM

Apr 2015
SteinsYonah said:

They adapt volume 4 in two episodes which very needed. Besides volume 4 holds no really big importance compared to the other 5 volumes so they're fine with keeping it down to the most important scenes. In fact the majority of volume 4 doesn't really have any significance to the overall story so they're scene that can be neglected. In volume 5-9 this isn't really possible. So by speeding up the pace for the intro volume they can spend far more time and room for the important part.

The manga isn't as limited as the anime in time and space so it can expand on certain scenes more but it also tends to alter events. For example the manga altered two scenes compared to the LN in episode 12 which the anime adapted faithfully.

All in all it's absolutely fine if you look at the bigger picture.
Jun 24, 2016 6:42 AM

Jun 2016
Xenocrisi said:
Nive, can't wait for it.
SteinsYonah said:

Don't comment if you haven't read the source material, seriously....

It might be rushed, I don't know, but people like you who say "it seems rushed" without even knowing a bit of the source material, get on my nerves
I comment if i want lol.

Srsly i havent read the source material, but still it seems rushed, and oooh, i really know a bit or arc 3 like some things that they skipped in cap 12, its only normal to think that, Cant i just post my opinion? i read a bit of spoilers, and i really dont undestard how they can do that much on one cap.

but i guess they are rushing it, maybe getting more time in the real thing.
Jun 24, 2016 6:50 AM

Apr 2015
SteinsYonah said:

Srsly i havent read the source material, but still it seems rushed, and oooh, i really know a bit or arc 3 like some things that they skipped in cap 12, its only normal to think that, Cant i just post my opinion? i read a bit of spoilers, and i really dont undestard how they can do that much on one cap.

They haven't skipped any scene that is important for the story except one and this one is very likely to be rearranged. They already did that in arc 2 and the worries of the people were unnecessary in the end. So everything is fine.
Jun 24, 2016 6:51 AM

Jun 2016
Fappa said:
SteinsYonah said:

They haven't skipped any scene that is important for the story except one and this one is very likely to be rearranged. They already did that in arc 2 and the worries of the people were unnecessary in the end. So everything is fine.
I hope its fine man, im really very afraid of another Akame ga Kill, Dunno what white fox is thinking, but i have faith bro.
Jun 24, 2016 6:56 AM

Apr 2015
SteinsYonah said:
I hope its fine man, im really very afraid of another Akame ga Kill, Dunno what white fox is thinking, but i have faith bro.

You don't have to worry about that happening since completely different people are working on that. The studio doesn't matter as long as it is a different director and script writer which is the case here :)

Well they're thinking ahead. Speeding up the pace for volume 4 is the best choice they could've done honestly. So see this as a necessary action for the overall greater good of the show :)
Jun 24, 2016 7:26 AM
Jun 2011
Fappa said:
SteinsYonah said:

You don't have to worry about that happening since completely different people are working on that. The studio doesn't matter as long as it is a different director and script writer which is the case here :)

Well they're thinking ahead. Speeding up the pace for volume 4 is the best choice they could've done honestly. So see this as a necessary action for the overall greater good of the show :)
at the end of the preview it seems more blood suffering for subaro
Jun 24, 2016 7:38 AM
Jul 2015
I want to see cliffhanger ending with |3etel..... Is it possible?

Jun 24, 2016 7:39 AM

May 2013
they stopped at episode 12?
is this a split cour?

i can't find when next episode will be release on tv.
Jun 24, 2016 7:42 AM

Apr 2015
zombieiscoming said:
I want to see cliffhanger ending with |3etel..... Is it possible?

It's a scene of volume 5 but I can see them rearranging the scene to the ending of this episode.

samsann said:
they stopped at episode 12?
is this a split cour?

i can't find when next episode will be release on tv.

No this will continue to air until October, no break.

Well it releases like always, on Monday 1:30 am Japanese time or Sunday for us.
Jun 24, 2016 8:22 AM

May 2016
Julius looks really good there.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Jun 24, 2016 9:34 AM

Jul 2015
They will really finish volume 4 with episode 13, thanks god. The episode will be so good.

And I guess that they will play the ED at the end just like in episode 1/2, but as background song rather than with its own visuals.
Bernkishi07Jun 24, 2016 9:38 AM
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Jun 24, 2016 9:55 AM

Apr 2015
Sometimes791 said:
They will really finish volume 4 with episode 13, thanks god. The episode will be so good.

And I guess that they will play the ED at the end just like in episode 1/2, but as background song rather than with its own visuals.

Yep so the scene you wanted to have in episode 13 will actually happen ( you can see it at the end ).

That's also what I think. It would also match as Emilia's VA sings it.
Jun 24, 2016 11:45 AM

Mar 2010
Fappa said:
SteinsYonah said:

They adapt volume 4 in two episodes which very needed. Besides volume 4 holds no really big importance compared to the other 5 volumes so they're fine with keeping it down to the most important scenes. In fact the majority of volume 4 doesn't really have any significance to the overall story so they're scene that can be neglected. In volume 5-9 this isn't really possible. So by speeding up the pace for the intro volume they can spend far more time and room for the important part.

The manga isn't as limited as the anime in time and space so it can expand on certain scenes more but it also tends to alter events. For example the manga altered two scenes compared to the LN in episode 12 which the anime adapted faithfully.

All in all it's absolutely fine if you look at the bigger picture.

Um I wouldn't go that far, volume 4 is definitely very important. Furthermore let's face it, this won't be the only part that's slightly compressed either. That said this being done more for practicability and WF is hitting all the main points except for one. The pacing hasn't been heavily affected either so they're doing a good job.
Jun 24, 2016 12:13 PM
Jul 2018
Dat preview. XD They enjoy giving us a false impression, it seems?

What did Emilia mean by 'Anata no heart ni - otanko nasu!'

Did she just say Subaru's weak-hearted?

The females were answering to something, saying something like:

"For love." "For a lady's beauty." "For my dream." "To be number one idol... Let's start a war!"

Did Julius say that Subaru's not at his level? And Aldebaran that he's much to improve?

Felix: "Thank you, Crusch-sama! I'll be borrowing this!"

Subaru: "Emilia-tan. E.M.T! YAY!"

Emilia (more like her VA): "What's this...? *Embarrassed*"

Reinhard: "Felt-sama, come. Let's go together to the stage!" Felt: "Hey!! I don't want to!"
removed-userJun 24, 2016 12:42 PM
Pages (15) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

21 by Okeanix »»
Apr 27, 4:29 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.