Forum Settings
Forums
Farewell, My Dear Cramer
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2016 10:02 PM

Jul 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The art is amazing, but I didn't expect anything less 😋
Went into it blind, so the soccer/football caught me off guard. The plot and our main characters seem just a bit stale. Or maybe the characters just don't appeal to me. But then again, it's only been 1 chapter, we'll see how this goes!

I'm also curious about what Nozomi meant during this interaction:
"No one's stupid enough to kick the ball if they plan to lose."
"Didn't you know? The ball is round."
May 7, 2016 4:32 PM
Oct 2013
Worth noting that this is sort of a sequel to Arakawa's previous series, Sayonara Football. That series is quite short, and Nozomi Onda (who appears in this chapter) is the main character. The plot of this makes a lot more sense with this context, with Sumire finding someone in Onda who was similarly alone as a player.

Also when Midori says "Didn't you know? The ball is round." she's referencing a famous soccer quote generally understood to mean "anything can happen".
May 8, 2016 8:36 PM

Jul 2012
mdubs said:
Worth noting that this is sort of a sequel to Arakawa's previous series, Sayonara Football. That series is quite short, and Nozomi Onda (who appears in this chapter) is the main character. The plot of this makes a lot more sense with this context, with Sumire finding someone in Onda who was similarly alone as a player.

Also when Midori says "Didn't you know? The ball is round." she's referencing a famous soccer quote generally understood to mean "anything can happen".

Ahh okay, thanks for the clarification! I'll probably check it out then :)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sayonara Watashi no Cramer Chapter 3 Discussion

weepingtendons - Jul 10, 2016

1 by Romax24245 »»
Feb 22, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Sayonara Watashi no Cramer Chapter 55 Discussion

Ash_La - Apr 9, 2021

5 by Clumsy_Alpaca »»
Sep 20, 2021 2:56 PM

Poll: » Sayonara Watashi no Cramer Chapter 54 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 13, 2021

0 by MegamiRem »»
Apr 13, 2021 10:22 AM

Poll: » Sayonara Watashi no Cramer Chapter 53 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 13, 2021

0 by MegamiRem »»
Apr 13, 2021 10:06 AM

Poll: » Sayonara Watashi no Cramer Chapter 52 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 13, 2021

0 by MegamiRem »»
Apr 13, 2021 9:48 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.