Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 4, 2016 11:46 AM

May 2016
I am looking for an Anime that features an unbeatable, invincible Main Character from the very start. Not one that "gradually works towards his power". But one where he is the strongest beeing in his universe from the very beginning.

I've been looking for one for a long while. When One Punch Man came out it answered all my prayers. It was pure perfection in that regard. Of course it was done for gags and giggles and that was fine. But that drop of purest nektar only ignited my thirst. What was once a little flame burning in me, a slither of hope if you will, started raging. Before long it became a full grown forest fire, devouring my very essence, depriving me of emotion and sleep. It could only be stopped by anime of the very nature that started it. It set me out on my quest to find it: the anime I could rate 10/10.

In this vast world full of anime, trapped with tarpits known to man as "bad animation" and "icky plot" I went on my quest. I have searched wide and long. I have scoured the depths of anime hell. I traversed the pits of Hades and ever so adamant emerged from my ashes like the phoenix on legends.

People of the strange land called "MyAnimeList", listen and rejoice as I tell you of my grand quest. One that will surely one day claim my life. But if I can spark my flame in someone else one day that shall continue this quest in my stead to the end, to the gates of an Anime that will truely feature the perfect Main Character then I shall die a happy death, knowing my words did not go unheeded.

Gather round now, listen carefully and take in my oppinions of the Anime I dragged out of hell and maybe, just maybe, you know of one that could fit my description, still my thirst even for a bit.

What I am looking for in short is;
- A MC that is unbeatable by a large margin. He should be able to take out the 2nd strongest beeing in his respective universe with the snip of a finger.
- MC is invincible, unkillable, having him drop into the S5 0014+81 Black Hole, followed by the crashing of every physical body of the universe onto him shan't much more but leave a scratch on his little fingernail. If you catch my drift.
- Arrogant MC. With a tendency to humilate his opponent to the point of him taking his own life to avoid the psychological terror that is but existing in the same plane of reality as the MC.
- Violence. Oh gods be merciful, violence. I want people to suffer to the extend of their minds breaking. Murder and mayhem, violence that would drive a human insane by witnessing.
- MC is Chaotic Neutral (preferable, not necessary)
- MC is Chaotic Evil (^ as with above, since those two options somewhat cancel themselfs out, optional.)
- ^ to summarize the two points above: I'd PREFER but not necessarily go for an evil MC, who would slaughter an entire village and have the elders drown in the blood of their people because it happened to be in the way of his morning walk. But it would certainly send a shiver or two down my spine. Uhhhh. (See Hellsing Ultimate)

So far my Quest has given me the joy of expiriencing these gems I shall bestow upon you. I shall list them as I see them fit my description;

???: 10/10
+ All of the above.
- Nonexistent and shall remain nonexistent for all eternity to my knowledge.

Overlord: 9/10
+ MC is portrayed as an overpowering lord of death by the plot.
+ MC Has this strength from the beginning of the Anime
+ MC Does not know defeat, has not been defeated and outsmarts everyone before he can even break a sweat.
+ MC is Chaotic Neutral
+ Side Characters are Minions and Servants of said MC
+ Violence. Barely on par with the likes of, say, Berserk. But it shall do. For now.
- Ecchi element.
- MC's true nature keeps him from beeing truely evil.
- MC is not undoubtedly the strongest.

Hellsing Ultimate: 9/10
+ MC is portrayed as Invincible by the plot. Makes me shiver whenever his foes exhaust themself merely trying to hurt him.
+ MC is Chaotic Neutral tending towards evil. He is the kind of guy I'd want to murder me in my sleep, I'd bow to him in wait and be grateful when the deed it done. Truely a man among men.
+ Modular Story that fulfills almost all of my criteria. Storywise it would be a 10/10
- While this would come to seem like a petty negative point but it truely holds meaning to me: Not enough rampages, not enough of Alucard simply beeing himself. Alas. I can still not see it as truely negative as it makes him ever more perfect as the story portrays him. Still.
- MC is put in tight situations, has moments of weakness.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: 9/10 (Thanks to opmcftw)
+ MC does not grow stronger, already super strong at beginning
+ He is completely neutral(honestly he would not even care if people die around him, even if he had to kill them himself he'd be glad to, if that meant keeping his sister safe)
+ Subconscious auto regeneration(instant), so you couldn't kill him unless you destroyed his brain.
+ During the course of the anime, and up till latest translated light novel chapter, never loses, not even close. Even when he had to hold back to keep his true strength confidential, still ended up winning.
- Not the definitive strongest, but would at least tie with others.
- Sucks at non combat magic

One Punch Man: 8/10
+ MC is the strongest beeing by a large margin.
+ MC appears to be completely invulnerable, either through physique or defence.
+ MC has his strength from the beginning of the Story (origins excluded)
+ Comical, naturally since it is a gag anime.
+ Violence. not enough but it's there.
As for -'s: Any negative thing I can come up with (as the MC beeing a good guy) are required by the story so it's bareable.

No Game No Life: 7.5/10
+ MCs are geniuses, second to none to our knowledge.
+ Arrogant like nobodies business. And I love it.
+ Intelligent confrontations
+ Fastpaced "battles/encounters/games" however you want to call it.
-/+ Chaotic Good. I would have preferred them to be evil emperors. But alas. I can settle with good guys. But still a neutral -/+ since they are still chaotic, disregarding society and think of themselfs first.
- Ecchi. Ughh...
- Harem. Uugghhhh....
- More fanservice than fairy tail. And that in itself is an achievement. I will soon start a petition to open an Oscars-Clone foundation to give a solid gold statue imbued with diamonds to shows that manage to give out more fanservice than fairy tail. Everyone, look forward to it.

Hopefully you can grasp a little of what my taste is like and maybe I can find some like-minded individuals between you fine people and one day we shall find our 10/10. Keep the dream alive.
KogasansMay 8, 2016 10:58 AM
May 4, 2016 11:54 AM
Jan 2013
Try Hellsing Ultimate

I think he might have a bit of trouble at some parts, but in general he never uses his full power.
May 4, 2016 11:58 AM

Jan 2011
hellsing ultimate
hokuto no ken
May 4, 2016 11:58 AM

May 2016
hoootie said:
Try Hellsing Ultimate

I think he might have a bit of trouble at some parts, but in general he never uses his full power.

Oh my, how clumsy of me. How could I have forgotten that one. Yes I've watched it. He would certainly fit a 9/10 in the match-rating. I'll add it to the list above.
May 4, 2016 12:11 PM

May 2016

I have watched that one, however it does not feel inspiring.
- Fights feel improvised by the storytellers. What should have been intelligence-driven fights end up as patchworks of people throwing stones at eachother
- MCs are continuesly put in tight spots and are most definately not prtrayed as the strongest beeings.
- Fights are mostly carried out of that harem the MC has gathered around him instead of by himself. Even if it is done to raise tension it simply bores me. I'd rather have a OPM-like fight where he "one-hits" everything right off the bat instead of dragging every fight out.
- Ecchi
- Harem
May 4, 2016 12:23 PM
Aug 2013
I just finished watching " Ajin "...in my opinion it was a masterpiece. It's like if tokyo ghoul & parasyte had a baby but was produced by god eater.....Same graphics as god eater and similar story to tokyo ghoul/parasyte....The main villain "Satou" is basically unbeatable but keep in mind the anime is not for children it's extremely brutal lots of death scenes and torture/terrorism....However if you're 18+ I recommend it for anyone as it's constant nonstop drama and action packed, so if you're like me and love action/horror anime than don't sleep on "Ajin".
~AnimeDownUnder~

May 4, 2016 12:25 PM

May 2016
AnimeDownUnder said:
I just finished watching " Ajin "...in my opinion it was a masterpiece. It's like if tokyo ghoul & parasyte had a baby but was produced by god eater.....Same graphics as god eater and similar story to tokyo ghoul/parasyte....The main villain "Satou" is basically unbeatable but keep in mind the anime is not for children it's extremely brutal lots of death scenes and torture/terrorism....However if you're 18+ I recommend it for anyone as it's constant nonstop drama and action packed, so if you're like me and love action/horror anime than don't sleep on "Ajin".

You have piqued my interest. I have watched both parasyte and tokyo ghoul. Both were excellent anime (well I didn't like Tokyo Ghoul's MCs whiney nature but alas)

I'll take a good look at it. The way I see it though, it seems that the MC is not truely overpowering, simply one of those "I will try really hard to protect everyone" kinda deals. Not ideal for me but I'll have a look. Thanks.
May 4, 2016 12:31 PM
Aug 2013
+1 for Hellsing ultimate, it was great hope you liked it

Other anime you should check out:
. Bleach
. Yu yu Hakusho
. Hokuto no ken
. Souten no ken
. Nanatsu no taizai
. Shingeki no bahamut
. Ansatsu no kyoushitsu
. Boku no hero
. Jojo's bizarre adventure
. Akatsuki no yona
. Terra formars
. Hunter x hunter 2011
. Devilman
~AnimeDownUnder~

May 4, 2016 12:43 PM

May 2016
Mhhh.. Most of these are shonen and therefore limited to what the MC is capable of because of the target demographic...

. Bleach - Seen it. It's an anime I liked but not one that would fit my above description. MC is constantly beaten. Not overpowered.
. Hunter x hunter 2011 - Also seen it. Very good anime but the same deal: MC/his friends are constantly beaten and go from tight spot to tight spot. I need one where the MC is truely the strongest in every regard from the first episode on.
. Devilman it looks interesting. I shall check that one out. Thanks for the tip.

I will check out Hokuto no ken later as well since it was suggested already. Seems to be a classic.

The rest of these... mmm... a quick look through their bios and plot summaries didn't pique my interest so much. Seem to be generic fighting or action anime that mostly aim to raise tension through the harships of their respective MCs. Again, that pretty much spells "not overpowered MC that get's beaten here and there"
May 4, 2016 2:39 PM
Jul 2018
No one really thinks of this, but Ranma Saotome, practitioner of the Saotome-school of Anything-goes martial arts, was virtually impossible to defeat by all his rivals. He'd lose the odd battle, but come back at the end of the episode to get them back lol.
May 4, 2016 2:58 PM

May 2016
eternalIkuto10 said:
No one really thinks of this, but Ranma Saotome, practitioner of the Saotome-school of Anything-goes martial arts, was virtually impossible to defeat by all his rivals. He'd lose the odd battle, but come back at the end of the episode to get them back lol.

Heh. I remember that one from way back in the day. Might rewatch it one day.

I remember it being kinda ecchi. Guess it's kinda expected of anime.
May 4, 2016 3:07 PM
Jul 2018
Kogasans said:
eternalIkuto10 said:

Heh. I remember that one from way back in the day. Might rewatch it one day.

I remember it being kinda ecchi. Guess it's kinda expected of anime.

Haha, yes, Ranma 1/2 has some ecchi scenes in it. More so than a lot of the anime that were really popular during the 90's. I think that's what partially made it a hit though among male audiences. Or should I say male "perverts." lol.

Definitely should give it a watch through again, it's a great classic! :3
May 8, 2016 3:23 AM

May 2016
I caught up on the Anime that were suggested. Unfortunately I've been unable to find any more suiters for that list above.

Mmmmhhhh, I saw that Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! ( http://myanimelist.net/anime/31630 ) got an anime adaptation, which is one of my most favourite DS games of all times. The MC is badass when it comes to it but unfortunately I don't get that "He's overpowering everything in existance"-vibe I was hoping for. Well, then again, it wouldn't be true to the story if it did.
May 8, 2016 7:32 AM
Oct 2011
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
+MC does not grow stronger, already super strong at beginning
+he is completely neutral(honestly he would not even care if people die around him, even if he had to kill them himself he'd be glad to, if that meant keeping his sister safe)
+Subconscious auto regeneration(instant), so you couldn't kill him unless you destroyed his brain.
+during the course of the anime, and up till latest translated light novel chapter, never loses, not even close. Even when he had to hold back to keep his true strength confidential, still ended up winning.
-not the definitive strongest, but would at least tie with others.
-sucks at non combat magic
May 8, 2016 7:44 AM

May 2016
opmcftw said:
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
+MC does not grow stronger, already super strong at beginning
+he is completely neutral(honestly he would not even care if people die around him, even if he had to kill them himself he'd be glad to, if that meant keeping his sister safe)
+Subconscious auto regeneration(instant), so you couldn't kill him unless you destroyed his brain.
+during the course of the anime, and up till latest translated light novel chapter, never loses, not even close. Even when he had to hold back to keep his true strength confidential, still ended up winning.
-not the definitive strongest, but would at least tie with others.
-sucks at non combat magic

Mhhh that sounds pretty awesome. Thanks for that tip
May 8, 2016 9:20 PM
Sep 2015
I'm just gonna chime in here and say anyone who read that whole opening post before recommendation deserves a Yuge amount of Internet points.
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Puddintane?status=7&order=4&order2=0

•"Akane's really a nice girl, she's just a violent maniac"- Kisume

•"When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child.
When I became a man, I put aside childish things."- The Apostle Paul, (quoted in Ghost in the Shell)

Dec 25, 2016 6:30 PM
May 2016
I love these types of anime, i can think of a few that i dont think where suggested

-Beelzebub
-Hataraku Maou-sama!
-Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou
-Katanagatari (Didnt like this one but it fits)
-Nanatsu no Taizai
Dec 25, 2016 7:45 PM

Jul 2016
Afro Samurai and Drifters :)
Dec 25, 2016 7:50 PM
Dec 2016
-Blood Lad
-One Punch Man

just suggesting :)
Dec 25, 2016 9:32 PM
May 2016
-Black Cat
-Chrome Shelled Regios

Both have OP mc but i dont know if it fits your requierements

oh and Ryoma from Prince of Tennis is an OP mc too but its a sports anime and a liarle childish
Diana_VillasanaDec 26, 2016 11:41 AM
Dec 25, 2016 11:04 PM

Jan 2015
Black Lagoon - Revy
-Lots of violence this story does not focus on romance whatsoever
-She is heartless
-Has a rough past
-Willing to kill kids if she has too
-She fights with two guns and her aim is on poooooint
Subscribe to my channel: Ashley Moonli
Dec 26, 2016 8:18 AM

Aug 2016
One Punch Man, if nobody said that yet. Ken from Hokuto No Ken is up there as well.
Dec 26, 2016 8:33 AM

Nov 2012
All these stupid fuckers that won't even read OP's wall of tekst, hahahaha XD
Dec 26, 2016 8:34 AM

Nov 2015
Drifters. Same mangaka as Hellsing.
⛥Something wicked this way comes.⛥
Mar 13, 2017 8:49 PM
Mar 2017
Going to go oldschool here. Ral from from Fist of the North Star. He can open his hand from a distance and make very strong opponents explode from the inside.
Mar 14, 2017 1:14 AM
Dec 2012
Noblesse awakening - old school vampire awakens and is badass as fuck, his nobility gives him absolute command over these new trash vampires
- con is that this is just an ova and i would say too short

Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke - all i remember about this one is that the MC is retardedly strong
Mar 14, 2017 5:58 AM
Apr 2016
Kaze no Stigma
Hagure Yuusha no Estetica
Mar 30, 2017 2:12 AM
Mar 2017
One Punch Is the strongest
Apr 28, 2017 4:32 PM
Apr 2017
I have pretty much the same tastes as you have right now, Echii is bleh and harems are weird. I will tolerate them however if I like the anime. So I have a suggestion. The guy is pretty much a god, but he is a good guy. Towards the end he goes on a rampage and pretty much murders everything. Here it is.

Kaze no Stigma

A site/list you might want to check out that has a bunch of anime with op mcs is called

http://www.anime-planet.com/users/illusorum/lists/anime-with-op-main-character-49847

They aren't all winners though so try and find one you like. Seriously though, kaze no Stigma is pretty awesome.
Apr 28, 2017 4:39 PM

Aug 2016
Its like you're looking for the perfect husband lol.

--

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry
Shinmai Maou no Testament
Shokugeki no Souma ( Its not a battle anime, but he never loses in cooking, great show, with alot of ecchi. Aka, Foodwards )
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka

Reach out

Apr 28, 2017 4:40 PM
Apr 2017
Code Geass has an antisocial psychopath who can tell someoneto shoot them self and they will.
Jul 21, 2017 6:28 PM
Apr 2017
Hey Kogasans I was wondering if you've watched any abridged anime. I know many prefer normal anime, but I HIGHLY recommend watching hellsing ultimate abridged. It pretty much fits ALL of these requirements. Alucard in this abridge is basically himself, but funnier and more phsycotic. There is a LOT of swearing however so if you have the ears of a child, don't watch it. Like I said this is a dark, hilariously messed up abridge. All I ask is you watch the first episode, if you hate it, no holds barred, and stop watching.
Jul 22, 2017 12:55 PM

Mar 2013
Mondaiji tachi ga isekai kuru sou desu yo
Jul 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Nov 2016
Well...

We do have classics with kinda "invincible" mc like Death Note and Code Geass.

However, you also have Kishou Arima and Levi Ackerman who are both perfect for you but they are not protagonist of their series. That's really a shame. Thought you can watch oav's about them like "Tokyo ghoul Jack" (about Arima) and "Birth of Levi" (Levi) where they are the mc.
Dec 23, 2017 3:11 PM
Nov 2017
I'm not trying to be rude, but please learn how to spell complicated words before you use them in online forums.

Edit: nevermind, you are keeping very unrealistic standards and acting like a child. Also, having more fan service than fairy tail is not an achievement whatsoever, there are many animes that have done so. Also, please be more respectful when speaking of things you don't like, as I actually found it irritating how you put a simple "ugh..." when speaking of ecchi and harem, where you could've just said that ecchi and harem were simply not your cup of tea.
PS_DaneDec 23, 2017 3:18 PM
Dec 24, 2017 5:39 PM

Feb 2013
I dunno... maybe Inferno Cop?
Quite possibly also Ninja Slayer.
Mar 16, 2018 5:15 AM
Mar 2018
How bout like the most OP character in the entire anime multiverse which can put SAO to shame? Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku
Apr 14, 2018 4:32 PM
Mar 2018
AnimeDownUnder said:
I am twelf and I watched it, it is not that bad
Apr 14, 2018 4:44 PM
Apr 2018
There is maybe Tokyo Ghoul? My sister loves Te show and said Kaneki is invincible
Apr 15, 2018 12:20 PM
Feb 2018
Kaze no stigma
Saijaku muhai no bahamaut
Dec 11, 2018 6:35 PM
Dec 2018
You got same taste as mine, for anime i didnt get any statisfied yet... but for Manga you should try find IRON LADIES... the MC so powerful even his breath can distroy mechas... and also he paint his spaceship's deck with the former admiral's blood, he paint it with living body literary... then take 3000 harem and still counting... aaanndd he also pour boiling water to the bad guy's dick... i wish there are good production house will make this manga become good anime...
May 31, 2020 2:34 PM
May 2020
You should watch

ONE OUTS:
It's a baseball anime but the mc is too op he has never been beaten and easily overpowers even the strongest.
Even when the plot is against him he wins as if it childs play
There are no ecchi and romance scenes.
May 31, 2020 2:37 PM
May 2020
DiABLO_7_ said:
You should watch

ONE OUTS:
It's a baseball anime but the mc is too op he has never been beaten and easily overpowers even the strongest.
Even when the plot is against him he wins as if it childs play
There are no ecchi and romance scenes.

You should not post under 4 year old threads.
Jun 1, 2020 1:43 AM
Feb 2020
A certain scientific accelerator even dough he checks I think all your boxes he was a villain the other anime I forgot what it was called

More topics from this board

» Looking for Solo Leveling kind of anime

RiasuSama - Apr 16

9 by AnimeDownUnder »»
2 hours ago

» Anime male character not abused by female characters

EleganteX - Aug 15, 2015

22 by thorin001 »»
3 hours ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Apr 22

6 by thorin001 »»
3 hours ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

19 by WillGuabs »»
4 hours ago

» Anime where guy hits girl back

Borito_Uzumaki - May 6, 2017

47 by BroDa2545 »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.