Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 2, 2016 4:52 AM

Nov 2011
It make you wonder.

Can you identify the Elitist you have met? Are they detestable? How do you know you are not one? If you are Elitist, are you proud of who you are? Do you think you are better than other people?
Kaiser-chanMay 2, 2016 4:55 AM

May 2, 2016 4:54 AM

Jan 2013
I can identify an elitist right away, but I'm not too sure whether they know they're one.

Also, there are some people who have called me an elitist, but I'm pretty sure I'm not one. I still need to watch LoGH
May 2, 2016 5:00 AM

Jun 2015
Klad said:
I can identify an elitist right away, but I'm not too sure whether they know they're one.

Also, there are some people who have called me an elitist, but I'm pretty sure I'm not one. I still need to watch LoGH

One does not need to watch LoGH to be an elitist. Being an elitist is more of a matter of perception.
May 2, 2016 5:03 AM

Jan 2013
BeBackinaSec said:
Klad said:

One does not need to watch LoGH to be an elitist. Being an elitist is more of a matter of perception.
That's correct, but seeing how it has become a popular meme, I decided to say it.
May 2, 2016 5:16 AM

Jan 2016
we surely do and enjoy being this way since kids.
May 2, 2016 5:49 AM
Jul 2018

Can you identify the Elitist you have met?

Those people usually (but not always) judge things from logical standpoint.
They are serious about topic and most likely will discuss it with enthusiasm.

Are they detestable?

Some of them really are.

How do you know you are not one?

If you separate things just on "good" and "bad" you're probably not an elitist.
May 2, 2016 5:52 AM

Dec 2014
I'll never understand what the deal is with MAL and elitists.
May 2, 2016 6:15 AM

Mar 2008
Often said:
They took all my joy and love and happiness.

They took it! and then they scrunched it up into an itsy bitsy nasty ball of spiteful hate. Then they crammed that loathsome ball down their smelly throats and ate it in cruel pleasure. Proceeding, they antagonistically digested that bandit's meal until they evacuated its remnants from their foul bowels. Finally, the repulsive ones sickeningly took their vile excrement; gathering it in their horrid hands. With detestable glee they threw that corruption in my face. Laughing evilly, they rubbed my tainted joy and love and happiness all over me until none was left.

That is the deal I have with the elitists.
May 2, 2016 6:18 AM

Aug 2013
I don't really think that most people go by dictionary definitions when they decide to call somebody an "elitist," because it's all relative and anybody could be seen as elitist given the right circumstances - not to mention that it's been reduced to a mere insult at this point by many. You might see somebody as an elitist, while somebody else migh call you an elitist. It's a stupid and misused term that is thrown around so loosely that it has no real value on places like MAL. Of course you'll stumble across self-rightous and conceited scumbags who pride themselves on being seen as refined anime/manga connoisseurs, but generally, the term is too loose for me to want to use it to describe someone.

No, I don't think "elitists" realize that they are elitists, unless they're those kinds of posers who shamelessly declare their "intellectual" superiority and shove their views down other people's throats. I guess that's my personal definition of elitism, in which case, yeah they're probably aware of what they're doing, lol.
May 2, 2016 6:27 AM
Apr 2013
You can easily spot an elitist in MAL when they

1. Have a post that spans more than one line
2. Use "elitist" words such as "Superior" and "Intellectual"
3. Flamboyant in their remarks
May 2, 2016 6:29 AM

Mar 2014
Have you seen the amount of elitism related threads created by elitists we have in anime discussion?

Obviously not
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 2, 2016 6:42 AM

Nov 2011
Comic_Sans said:
Have you seen the amount of elitism related threads created by elitists we have in anime discussion?

Obviously not

Do you identify yourself as Elitist?
Kaiser-chanMay 2, 2016 6:48 AM

May 2, 2016 6:45 AM

Jan 2016
oh you guys mean like internet elite? lulz
May 2, 2016 6:49 AM

Sep 2015
There are very few elitists on these forums, contrary to popular belief. I'd put most of them down as mere trolls, to be honest. The majority of the people who might act in an elitist manner are ones I typically don't take seriously anyway.

As for the title question, it would be hard to not realise you're an elitist if you actually are one. Since being an elitist is predicated on whether or not you believe you're better than other people, the second you believe you're better than others and talk down to them, you're an elitist. It would rather hard to not realise you're talking to others with contempt. I'm not quite sure how one could act in such a manner without realising it.

As for whether they are detestable or not, that's a no-brainer. Of course they're detestable; the entire meaning is a negative one. Aside from those who intentionally play Devil's advocate, you cannot like an elitist since it is an entirely negative and detestable manner.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
May 2, 2016 7:40 AM

Mar 2014
KaiserNazrin said:
Comic_Sans said:

Obviously not

Not really

There are people who're far worse than me
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 2, 2016 7:43 AM

Oct 2015
Well, most "elitists" aren't really elite in their behaviour.

Spamming that LoGH is the best anime ever doesn't really put you amongst some sort of elite clade of society.

But if you want to act like your opinions are objective or whatever then that is fine, just don't be surprised when I stop taking you seriously after that point.
May 2, 2016 7:45 AM

May 2013
I mean SAO is a 9/10 and highschool DxD was a great watch. Am I an elitist?

(:
May 2, 2016 7:45 AM

Nov 2011
Comic_Sans said:
KaiserNazrin said:

Not really

There are people who're far worse than me

What is this thing you are worse at? Sounds interesting.

May 2, 2016 7:49 AM

Jun 2015
nomanz said:

(:

Of course not, you are a casualfag you are if you shit on other shows.
May 2, 2016 7:50 AM

Mar 2014
No, I didn't say I was worse at it

I said other people were worse at it
Nico- said:
May 2, 2016 7:57 AM

May 2013
BeBackinaSec said:
nomanz said:

(:

WHOAH GUYS.. ELITIST ALERT! He's pist I like sao
May 2, 2016 7:58 AM

Jun 2015
nomanz said:
BeBackinaSec said:

I'm not. I rated it a 7. I hated DxD though.
May 2, 2016 8:01 AM

May 2013
BeBackinaSec said:
nomanz said:

I'm not. I rated it a 7. I hated DxD though.

Cool story bro, I hated what I saw of hyouka.
May 2, 2016 8:08 AM
Jan 2013
Bean nose-kun is my elitist hero

If you're not like him, you're not elitisting correctly
gone bai bai
May 2, 2016 8:08 AM

Nov 2011
Comic_Sans said:

"Other people were worse at it?" What does that mean? Worse? Compare to who? What is this "it"?

May 2, 2016 10:21 AM

Mar 2014
Comic_Sans said:

"Other people were worse at it?" What does that mean? Worse? Compare to who? What is this "it"?
AKA "people who're far worse elitist douchebags than me"

I thought it was obvious
Nico- said:
May 2, 2016 10:27 AM

Nov 2011
Comic_Sans said:

I thought it was obvious

Yes but having you say it yourself is more fun.

May 2, 2016 10:30 AM

Mar 2014
KaiserNazrin said:
Comic_Sans said:

I thought it was obvious

And why is that?

Have I done something to you?
Nico- said:
May 2, 2016 10:34 AM

Jun 2015
Comic_Sans said:
KaiserNazrin said:

And why is that?

Your mere existance makes him feel inferior. A bit of empathy is requested on your side.
May 2, 2016 10:36 AM

Nov 2011
Comic_Sans said:
KaiserNazrin said:

And why is that?

Not really, not that its important. Don't need a reason to have fun.

May 2, 2016 10:39 AM
Mar 2016
no, of course elitists don't notice that they're elitist

for example, an intellectual like myself is absolutely unaware of the fact that they exude a pretentious air in every post they put forth.

I thus do not notice in the least my elitist traits.
May 2, 2016 10:42 AM

Mar 2014
Lordwen said:
Comic_Sans said:
And why is that?

Your mere existance makes him feel inferior. A bit of empathy is requested on your side.
I'm sorry I exist ;(
KaiserNazrin said:
Comic_Sans said:
And why is that?

Oh boy, I bet you are so proud of that post you just made. I bet you googled yourself silly finding articles that supported your point and double checked to make sure there were no holes in your argument. It was all for nothing.

Little did you know that I am completely detached from these proceedings. I am 8 layers of irony deep and this whole thing is funny to me on a level you could never comprehend. I am untouchable in this battle, I am never wrong because I hold no actual opinions. I am an imp, a trickster spirit haunting the wires, I do not seek understanding, I seek only to confound and bamboozle. Don't you feel foolish now for challenging me to an argument now that my true nature has been revealed? Please reply.
Nico- said:
May 2, 2016 10:44 AM

Nov 2011
leJackfrost said:
All this elitist thing is stupid. Why do people even bother calling themselves. It's so dumb to The point I wish those people should stop being on The forums.

I never see elitist announcing they are elitist like vegan (that need everyone to know how special they are) because they themselves know its associate with bad things but they are not uncommon.

May 2, 2016 10:47 AM

Nov 2011
Comic_Sans said:
Lordwen said:
I'm sorry I exist ;(
KaiserNazrin said:

Oh boy, I bet you are so proud of that post you just made. I bet you googled yourself silly finding articles that supported your point and double checked to make sure there were no holes in your argument. It was all for nothing.

Little did you know that I am completely detached from these proceedings. I am 8 layers of irony deep and this whole thing is funny to me on a level you could never comprehend. I am untouchable in this battle, I am never wrong because I hold no actual opinions. I am an imp, a trickster spirit haunting the wires, I do not seek understanding, I seek only to confound and bamboozle. Don't you feel foolish now for challenging me to an argument now that my true nature has been revealed? Please reply.

I can't possibly keep up with that level of intellectual superiority. I am sorry, please don't crush me with your massive knowledge of the universe.

May 2, 2016 10:48 AM

Mar 2014
KaiserNazrin said:
Comic_Sans said:
I'm sorry I exist ;(

I can't possibly keep up with that level of intellectual superiority. I am sorry, please don't crush me with your massive knowledge of the universe.
It's okay, my child

Everybody makes mistakes
Nico- said:
May 3, 2016 10:36 AM

Apr 2014
What is an elitist, exactly?

Is it a some kind of anime critic or a pseudo-intellectual weeb?
themanualreader@proton.me
May 3, 2016 10:39 AM

Aug 2014
Often said:
Well that one guy said my fav show is bad and came with some logical reasons by pointing out it's various flaws, so he is clearly an elitist!

Darius said:
What is an elitist, exactly?

Is it a some kind of anime critic or a pseudo-intellectual weeb?
Someone who looks down on others for liking certain stuff. Like if I said "You like SAO, so therefore you have shit taste" I'm acting like an elitist.
May 3, 2016 11:03 AM

Feb 2015
Ckan said:
They took it! and then they scrunched it up into an itsy bitsy nasty ball of spiteful hate. Then they crammed that loathsome ball down their smelly throats and ate it in cruel pleasure. Proceeding, they antagonistically digested that bandit's meal until they evacuated its remnants from their foul bowels. Finally, the repulsive ones sickeningly took their vile excrement; gathering it in their horrid hands. With detestable glee they threw that corruption in my face. Laughing evilly, they rubbed my tainted joy and love and happiness all over me until none was left.

That is the deal I have with the elitists.

If only the casuals could express their grievances so elegantly.

OT: Well, I mean, here in the anime community, "elitism" has become synonymous with liking members of a certain set of anime, so... I guess? But in general people use the term "elitism" to shout down criticism they don't like, so I don't even think the term really applies.
May 3, 2016 11:04 AM

Dec 2013
Of course they do since they have to see that they are so much more superior than filthy casuals
May 3, 2016 11:55 AM

Nov 2015
Only idiots think that the word 'elitist' is an insult. To be ruled by an elite, is surely better than to be ruled by an idiot.

In case of anime specifically, I've already made it clear that there are some shows that appeal only to the more intelligent; that's a surefire indication of the fact that yes there are shows made for the elites.
May 3, 2016 1:23 PM

Dec 2015
Some of you people are so insecure about your taste in anime -_- I fucking swear
Often said:

It is so fucking silly. Lol they talk so much about "elitists" you would think they were the actual elitists they're talking about.

Sakuraoka said:
oh you guys mean like internet elite? lulz

Fucking tell me about.
The fact that this term even exist for "taste in anime" is beyond me.

KaiserNazrin said:
leJackfrost said:
All this elitist thing is stupid. Why do people even bother calling themselves. It's so dumb to The point I wish those people should stop being on The forums.

I never see elitist announcing they are elitist like vegan (that need everyone to know how special they are) because they themselves know its associate with bad things but they are not uncommon.

They don't announce themselves to be elistists because it MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE THAT THE TERM EVEN EXISTS FOR ANIME.

Announcing to be vegan means that there are changes to come with your food and overall daily life. -_-

let me call my boss "hey boss, guess what? I'm an elitist. Yes, there will have to be some changes to accommodate to my superior taste in anime".

lmao do you really think people care that much about their own taste...in fucking anime????
KonaKoffeeMay 3, 2016 1:29 PM
Banner credit to @turnip
May 3, 2016 1:31 PM
Feb 2014
I've noticed that EQ Elitists have become worse than anime elitists.They are by and large the most irrational human beings to walk this Earth. I don't even think they're aware of their elitist status but God forbid..
May 3, 2016 2:40 PM

Nov 2009
Where are the elitists? Am I missing out on some anime-taste war going on? Cause we always get these threads about "those dirty elitists" and yet I never even seen elitists. However since this is "Casual" Discussion, I guess this is the right place to rally against them n all.

BeBackinaSec said:
Klad said:

Filthy casuals ... XP, I had to say it.
Pirating_NinjaMay 3, 2016 2:43 PM
May 3, 2016 2:57 PM

May 2009
Moog said:
I don't really think that most people go by dictionary definitions when they decide to call somebody an "elitist," because it's all relative and anybody could be seen as elitist given the right circumstances - not to mention that it's been reduced to a mere insult at this point by many. You might see somebody as an elitist, while somebody else migh call you an elitist. It's a stupid and misused term that is thrown around so loosely that it has no real value on places like MAL. Of course you'll stumble across self-rightous and conceited scumbags who pride themselves on being seen as refined anime/manga connoisseurs, but generally, the term is too loose for me to want to use it to describe someone.

No, I don't think "elitists" realize that they are elitists, unless they're those kinds of posers who shamelessly declare their "intellectual" superiority and shove their views down other people's throats. I guess that's my personal definition of elitism, in which case, yeah they're probably aware of what they're doing, lol.

This. Very well said. Sums out how I feel about this matter too.

ἡ φύσις οὐδὲν ποιεῖ ἅλματα.

συκεροκυ™

Jan 20, 2022 7:27 PM

Sep 2020
Of course. Some of them. I'm one of them. I don't care. No, I'm just simply more critical with my tastes.
Jan 21, 2022 11:02 AM

Jul 2020
People call me elitist because I have hella controversial opinions about everything and specific life attitude and mindset, nevertheless I don't give a shit, what could they possibly know?
yes I'm in control
ak wrapped around my shoulder
strike with venom like a cobra
murder all in the aroma
Jan 21, 2022 11:07 AM

Mar 2018
I am an elitist tbh. But so what? You got a problem?
Jan 21, 2022 11:29 AM

Dec 2008
"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."

Don't be a small brain. Close this pathetic topic.

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 8 hours ago

26 by aikaflip »»
12 minutes ago

» What do yall collect? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bevarnow - Jan 25

317 by bevarnow »»
14 minutes ago

» (Personality) Try to paste 3 different statements that matter to you

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

15 by IpreferEcchi »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

40 by aikaflip »»
22 minutes ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

33 by aikaflip »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.